BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

47 minutes ago, oneandycrawford said:

Car broke down on the way to Ewood so had to listen on the radio!

Gutted.

I'll never forget the Wednesday fans doing a conga line around the Darwen End.

The match was billed as the battle of the bands as both us and Wednesday always were singing and had drums and all that.

On 10/08/2023 at 09:13, SuperBrfc said:

A Shearer masterclass. The chip over the keeper. What a goal.

It's easy to forget how quick Shearer was. He lost a bit when he came back from the knee injury that ended his 1992-93 season early.  

I also liked Colin Hendry chipping in with a couple of assists from massive tackle/clearance combos. 

• Like 5

On 10/08/2023 at 09:01, Colt Seavers said:

@Tyrone Shoelaces has talked a couple of times about Bryan Douglas hurting Spurs in spectacular fashion about sixty years ago. I always enjoy that tale. Jimmy Greaves played in that game I believe. He raved about Duggie in his autobiography. 

Perhaps @only2garners  @Rover Boy and one or two others of our distinguished long time supporters were also at the game?

I was at that game as well. I still believe that was the best rovers side I saw.

Amazingly, some pics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/182176072408848/permalink/974654313161016/

• Like 4

I can still see that goal from Lorenzo Amoruso, on his debut was it? I went flying over the seats celebrating. 

I know he gets mixed reviews on his time here, but I'll remember him for that goal and he's head an shoulders above much of the crap we've had since these idiots took over.

Proper character too, spent hours signing autographs for the kids after games, joking around and kicking a football with them.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gav said:

I can still see that goal from Lorenzo Amoruso, on his debut was it? I went flying over the seats celebrating. 

It was his debut, yeah. He had a stormer along with Emerton. I would also take Amoruso over most of what we have seen these last 12 years.

It's a game that always brings back great memories for me. Sunny afternoon, optimism in the air, loads of minibuses and taxis full of Rovers fans going down Bolton Road, the excitement at seeing our new signings. Then witnessing that performance. Brilliant.

Our time will come again. Anything can happen to force these bastards out. We're just waiting for that moment.

• Like 5

On 14/08/2023 at 22:38, den said:

I was at that game as well. I still believe that was the best rovers side I saw.

Amazingly, some pics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/182176072408848/permalink/974654313161016/

Thanks for the pics Den, unfortunately I’m not on Facebook so I couldn’t see them. I was at that game and didn’t Andy Mac show Greavsie how to do it. I think he was top goalscorer that year. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Thanks for the pics Den, unfortunately I’m not on Facebook so I couldn’t see them. I was at that game and didn’t Andy Mac show Greavsie how to do it. I think he was top goalscorer that year. 

Scored 4 goals if I remember correctly 🙂