BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

1 minute ago, Mike Graham said:

No.  It is about ensuring it does not happen again.

Not good enough, sorry Steve. I hope everyone walks out. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

They are definitely from blues bar and were taken down several years ago (pre Covid) when the blues bar had a refurb as it was in need of one, it had got tired and a bit of a mess. It had a full refurb with new floor, seating booths, and obviously walls were decorated.

Probably did need a refurb, decorated etc, no problem with that… but why was that then used as a pretext to remove the vast majority of Rovers related merchandise from a bar built in to the bloody Blackburn End of all places?!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Update from meeting with Waggott tonight regarding the pictures and Liverpool Legends night…

Regarding the pictures dumped at the back of the Riverside:

It’s not acceptable, nothing should be getting dumped there and especially not pictures of Jack Walker. Thanks for bringing it to his attention and he will get it sorted right away. Things that are being thrown away should be in skips, but these could be put up around the concourses or used elsewhere. Asked me to forward him the pictures.

They are definitely from blues bar and were taken down several years ago (pre Covid) when the blues bar had a refurb as it was in need of one, it had got tired and a bit of a mess. It had a full refurb with new floor, seating booths, and obviously walls were decorated.

He found out about the Liverpool legends night via the Rovers media team (who had picked up on it yesterday or today). 

The booking of Rooms is done by Sodexo and a third party company has hired the space as many do every month. There is supposed to be a process where any sensitive/commercially conflicting bookings are flagged to the club. This hadn’t happened. He didn’t seem very happy that it was taking place and agreed with all the reasoning we gave that fans were angered by it. The use of Rovers name or IP in any of these externally booked events would be a breach. The entire matter is being looked at.

7 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

No.  It is about ensuring it does not happen again.

Does this process allow the club to veto the booking?

If no, what is the point of these bookings being flagged?

If yes, why are the club not vetoing it now they’re aware?

1 minute ago, Mike Graham said:

No, Duncan and I did not walk out, what would that achieve? 

That poor leadership and bad decisions will not be tolerated. I guess you could call it ‘standards’.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

That poor leadership and bad decisions will not be tolerated. I guess you could call it ‘standards’.

We are trying to build an effective relationship with the Club. Walking out achieves absolutely nothing and would kybosh any future Fans Takeover and discussions we have agreed to have on the future structure of Season Ticket pricing.

Edited by Mike Graham

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Update from meeting with Waggott tonight regarding the pictures and Liverpool Legends night…

It’s not acceptable, nothing should be getting dumped there and especially not pictures of Jack Walker. Thanks for bringing it to his attention and he will get it sorted right away. Things that are being thrown away should be in skips, but these could be put up around the concourses or used elsewhere. Asked me to forward him the pictures.

He found out about the Liverpool legends night via the Rovers media team (who had picked up on it yesterday or today). 

The booking of Rooms is done by Sodexo and a third party company has hired the space as many do every month. There is supposed to be a process where any sensitive/commercially conflicting bookings are flagged to the club. This hadn’t happened. He didn’t seem very happy that it was taking place and agreed with all the reasoning we gave that fans were angered by it. The use of Rovers name or IP in any of these externally booked events would be a breach. The entire matter is being looked at.

So basically:-

Pictures - shouldn’t have happened. The club I run is a shambles.

Liverpool legends - shouldn’t have happened. The club I run is a shambles.

Was digital day mentioned? Let me guess. Shouldn’t have happened. The club …………….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.027c55f88a39b687e3fe4388cbbae116.jpeg

“I’ll look into it!”

• Like 3

Just now, Mike Graham said:

We are trying to build an effective relationship with the Club. Walking out achieves absolutely nothing and would kybosh any future Fans Takeover and discussions we have greed to have on the future structure of Season Ticket pricing.

It’s all becoming to look a little one sided to me, on one hand he’s renting Ewood Park out for Liverpool Legends Evenings and on the other he’s hoping the fans will bring another 8,000 Rovers fans through the gates for a Fans Takeover. 

There’s only so many times Rovers fans will be able to work unpaid to improve experience and club together to raise money to engage fans - is three times a season feasible in your opinion?

• Like 1

So - like the training ground planning application - he knows nothing ?

Then surely if that's the case there is a stadium and/or commercial manager who does know about these things ?

Is there anyone in these positions who does actually give a toss about Rovers and has the club and fans in their veins or are they all just recruited from some dressed up cv at a recruitment firm ?

There is no true BRFC heart and soul in that place by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

So - like the training ground planning application - he knows nothing ?

Then surely if that's the case there is a stadium and/or commercial manager who does know about these things ?

Is there anyone in these positions who does actually give a toss about Rovers and has the club and fans in their veins or are they all just recruited from some dressed up cv at a recruitment firm ?

There is no true BRFC heart and soul in that place by the looks of it.

Especially when there’s a clear break in agreed process - in his own words the club should be notified of any conflicts and he’s saying they weren’t! 

“Sorry folks, I know the event is booked but as per the agreed terms any conflict must be flagged and this hasn’t been flagged. We cannot allow a legends event for another club to happen inside Ewood Park, not least a regional rival. We’re investing a lot of resource into engaging the local community and converting Rovers fans, this event actively goes again our plans.”

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

We are trying to build an effective relationship with the Club. Walking out achieves absolutely nothing and would kybosh any future Fans Takeover and discussions we have agreed to have on the future structure of Season Ticket pricing.

@Mike Graham @Miller11 Was the 'digital day' mess mentioned?

Edited by Ben-2000
Tags

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is no rush to buy a ticket and most sales will happen between now and the game. I haven't bought mine but will attend the game

Except for those people who go down and buy their ticket on matchday, because they aren’t welcome to this game.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I will probably buy on the day or the day before 

Will you go down and buy or collect your ticket from the ticket office as hundreds do on a matchday?