BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Probably but not been in for 6 years or so although i remember most of the local young lads used to be Preston or the usual plastic tv teams (sometimes one and the same 😁)

Quite a few Rovers but of the over 35 variety, landlord was Chelsea if i remember right.

And it was always regarded up our way as the Black Horse in Greggy Lane, Houghton !

Gregson Lane is not and has never been in Hoghton

Great Harwood is a Blackburn Rovers town it has been since time immemorial (though a few too many Dingles there for my liking there these days), it is a Blackburn post town, but now they won’t go and engage fans there due to the fact they happen to share a borough with some former non league club they ‘don’t want to upset’? Presumably that’s the same for another Rovers heartland town, Rishton (BB1 postcode no less) that happens to be just on the other side of the arbitrary BwD border?

What is going on, they are signing the club’s death warrant, seemingly deliberately.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Great Harwood is a Blackburn Rovers town it has been since time immemorial (though a few too many Dingles there for my liking there these days), it is a Blackburn post town, but now they won’t go and engage fans there due to the fact they happen to share a borough with some former non league club they ‘don’t want to upset’? Presumably that’s the same for another Rovers heartland town, Rishton (BB1 postcode no less) that happens to be just on the other side of the arbitrary BwD border?

What is going on, they are signing the club’s death warrant, seemingly deliberately.

I've heard this a few times and it seems they hide behind a 'rule' that you aren't allowed to encroach on another league club's patch. 

I'm not aware that such a rule exists and I'd love to see how they plan on enforcing it or indeed determine what counts as 'patch' particularly in places like London and Greater Manchester but hey if it saves them at Rovers a job what's not to like? 

Let's just focus our already limited efforts on a small area with a dwindling number of supporters and make no efforts in heartlands including Rossendale, South Ribble and the Ribble Valley.

Makes my blood boil especially when numpties come along explaining how we are a 'small town' ignoring the realities of the region and support base.

• Like 2

So they re-arrange local government again and they put Darwen in Hyndburn borough (sure some Darreners would welcome that 😀)

We now can’t engage kids in Darwen schools as it’s ’Accrington Stanley territory’?

What a load of defeatist tripe. 

Edited by Mattyblue

51 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes. Yes they are. Deliberately. 

In all honesty though, Accrington Stanley have far more to offer to supprters than Rovers. They certainly have more ambition. 

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've heard this a few times and it seems they hide behind a 'rule' that you aren't allowed to encroach on another league club's patch. 

I'm not aware that such a rule exists and I'd love to see how they plan on enforcing it or indeed determine what counts as 'patch' particularly in places like London and Greater Manchester but hey if it saves them at Rovers a job what's not to like? 

Let's just focus our already limited efforts on a small area with a dwindling number of supporters and make no efforts in heartlands including Rossendale, South Ribble and the Ribble Valley.

Makes my blood boil especially when numpties come along explaining how we are a 'small town' ignoring the realities of the region and support base.

Those rules obviously weren't in place when John Williams was targeting the whole of Lancashire as being our turf.

2 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

Gregson Lane is not and has never been in Hoghton

I don't care if it's on the moon Parish snobbery doesn't mean anything to most people and half the people who go in there probably live in Houghton which is about a street away.

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't care if it's on the moon Parish snobbery doesn't mean anything to most people and half the people who go in there probably live in Houghton which is about a street away.

It is Hoghton not Houghton.  Hoghton ends 150m after Hoghton Post Office.  Gregson Lane is in South Ribble.

5 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

It is Hoghton not Houghton.  Hoghton ends 150m after Hoghton Post Office.  Gregson Lane is in South Ribble.

Nobody cares and it isn't full of Bolton fans either.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How about hosting a Blackburn Rovers legends night? We do have them, but maybe the club doesn’t know, they should have a look through that merchandise they’ve dumped at the back of the Riverside for some ideas.

That’s the following night  (although it’s also being marketed as a Man U legends night…)

https://www.superstarspeakers.co.uk/event-details/an-evening-with-blackburn-rovers-legends-1st-march-2024-ewood-park-blackburn

https://www.superstarspeakers.co.uk/event-details/an-evening-with-manchester-united-legend-andy-cole

Edited by wilsdenrover

So why isn’t the club advertising an event at Ewood Park if it’s a Rovers night too? Yes, it’s a third party organising it but maybe Rovers fans might be interested?

Until I stumbled across that cheapo looking website by accident I’d never heard the first thing about these events.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

To be fair, tomphil doesn't know what a John Bull or a Teacake is.

I had one yesterday and as standard it was served toasted with currants in it, might nip to that chippy on Gregson Lane in Owton tonight and see if they have John Bulls.  If not i'll settle for a chip barm, don't fancy currants in my chips 👍

Update from meeting with Waggott tonight regarding the pictures and Liverpool Legends night…

Regarding the pictures dumped at the back of the Riverside:

It’s not acceptable, nothing should be getting dumped there and especially not pictures of Jack Walker. Thanks for bringing it to his attention and he will get it sorted right away. Things that are being thrown away should be in skips, but these could be put up around the concourses or used elsewhere. Asked me to forward him the pictures.

They are definitely from blues bar and were taken down several years ago (pre Covid) when the blues bar had a refurb as it was in need of one, it had got tired and a bit of a mess. It had a full refurb with new floor, seating booths, and obviously walls were decorated.

He found out about the Liverpool legends night via the Rovers media team (who had picked up on it yesterday or today). 

The booking of Rooms is done by Sodexo and a third party company has hired the space as many do every month. There is supposed to be a process where any sensitive/commercially conflicting bookings are flagged to the club. This hadn’t happened. He didn’t seem very happy that it was taking place and agreed with all the reasoning we gave that fans were angered by it. The use of Rovers name or IP in any of these externally booked events would be a breach. The entire matter is being looked at.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Update from meeting with Waggott tonight regarding the pictures and Liverpool Legends night…

Regarding the pictures dumped at the back of the Riverside:

It’s not acceptable, nothing should be getting dumped there and especially not pictures of Jack Walker. Thanks for bringing it to his attention and he will get it sorted right away. Things that are being thrown away should be in skips, but these could be put up around the concourses or used elsewhere. Asked me to forward him the pictures.

They are definitely from blues bar and were taken down several years ago (pre Covid) when the blues bar had a refurb as it was in need of one, it had got tired and a bit of a mess. It had a full refurb with new floor, seating booths, and obviously walls were decorated.

He found out about the Liverpool legends night via the Rovers media team (who had picked up on it yesterday or today). 

The booking of Rooms is done by Sodexo and a third party company has hired the space as many do every month. There is supposed to be a process where any sensitive/commercially conflicting bookings are flagged to the club. This hadn’t happened. He didn’t seem very happy that it was taking place and agreed with all the reasoning we gave that fans were angered by it. The use of Rovers name or IP in any of these externally booked events would be a breach. The entire matter is being looked at.

I bet they read about it on here 🤔🧐