BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will you buy a Season Ticket in 2021/22 if Mowbray is still the manager?

Season Ticket 2021/22  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a Season Ticket in 2021/22 if Mowbray is still the manager.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Waggott still has my money from my last ST.  He has refused to refund me.  I will not buy anything else until he's gone.  Regardless of who the manager is.  Regardless of what division we are in.  Regardless who we play.  I've been going to Ewood since 1969.  He has driven me away.  'nuff said.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, rigger said:

BBC sport reporting that if the pilot schemes are successful, 10,000 or 25% of seating capacity whichever is lowest, would be allowed. This would mean 7500 at Ewood. We wont sell 7500 season tickets with Mowbray still manager.

The rules due to start in May mean 4000 for Rovers.

The rule of 10,000 or 25% is for larger stadiums such as Wembley and the bigger PL teams.

It has no relevance for us as the season will be over before the rule comes in. It is obviously for the last round of PL fixtures, Cup Final, Euros.

Next season will either be 4000 with social distancing....

or more with a covid passport.

As most young people will not have been vaccinated yet and kids won't be either, then expect a bunch of rules to get it including a match day test. The precedent is already set. As with travel the tests will be paid for by the customer.

Possibly different rules for different stands depending if vaccinated or not. Personally I suspect walk ons will be banned. Away fans certainly will be not allowed. Going to be a right bag of shit on and off the field.

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The rules due to start in May mean 4000 for Rovers.

The rule of 10,000 or 25% is for larger stadiums such as Wembley and the bigger PL teams.

It has no relevance for us as the season will be over before the rule comes in. It is obviously for the last round of PL fixtures, Cup Final, Euros.

Next season will either be 4000 with social distancing....

or more with a covid passport.

As most young people will not have been vaccinated yet and kids won't be either, then expect a bunch of rules to get it including a match day test. The precedent is already set. As with travel the tests will be paid for by the customer.

Possibly different rules for different stands depending if vaccinated or not. Personally I suspect walk ons will be banned. Away fans certainly will be not allowed. Going to be a right bag of shit on and off the field.

It doesn't state  what is classed as a "bigger ground" in the latest government statement. It just says large stadia.

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

It was 40,000 but doesn't really matter. We have 2500 ST holders.

So there will be single match tickets available next season, which was the start of the debate. Therefore I will not buy a season ticket next season, if Mowbray is still manager.

I don't think walk ons will be allowed Rigger. It's Waggott's perfect excuse to force people to buy STs. Will be reasons given surrounding it being impossible to manage the admin of matchday covid tests and seating plans etc. Faced with being locked out we will get 4000 STs sold.

I still have my Final Four ticket from last season. Kept my powder dry by not accepting any ifollow bribes.

As soon as matchday walk ons do become available (even if its 2022/23) I will be straight down there demanding it is fully honoured with 4 matchday tickets.

Living in Shropshire with 3 youngsters I could never get one anyway, but I will not attend any more games with him in charge or watch any on tv.

complete waste of 90 minutes of my life and totally apathetic to it all.  

next managerial appointment, whenever that may be is the breaking point for me Rovers-wise.  Can’t imagine even saying that for a club which has been such a huge part of my life but it’s true. If it’s some one who I can get behind then I will be at the first game I can.

if it’s the opposite than sadly it would be much easier, and more fun, just to walk over to the New Meadow and just watch a game of football, sadly one I would not be overly invested, but be able to leave all feelings about it there and just get on with the weekend.

HELL NO!

Whether it be a season ticket, an odd ticket when possible or even an i-Follow pass. I will not be paying any more into the Rovers Coffers until the Coventrio have gone.

This is Keane Mk 2. Consider me a Mowboycotter. Not only is the football utter crap, he is a devious shit that has pulled the wool over many a fan's eyes.

Edited by Banzai

Why won't walk ons or away fans be permitted next season?
I thought restrictions on social movements were due to end in June (6 weeks before next season starts).

We've seen with proactive rival clubs that they are having to forgo substantial income again next season in order to reduce season ticket prices to try and tempt people back. Most obvious example being Swansea, who despite still being in with a real chance of promotion are already a month into sales for next season offering adults at £250. 

They don't have owners as rich as Venkys yet have taken that bold step, not knowing what league they will be in, because they anticipate reluctance among people to hand over hundreds of pounds in this climate and want to offer an incentive to return.

Waggott has hit £400 in all areas after his latest price hike during a pandemic. This after refusing refunds last season and a shambles of a season.

He's going to have to slash those prices by nearly 50% to offer a tempting price that competes with what rival clubs are doing.

Not a chance. And he will have the brass neck to expect long suffering fans to pay to cover his exorbitant salary and for another installment of muddled Mowbray going through the motions for another 12 months. No thanks.

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

I thought restrictions on social movements were due to end in June (6 weeks before next season starts).

The actual wording was that legal limits on social contact/distancing would be removed no earlier than 21st June. Some scientists are recommending social contact measures stay in place for a long time after June. 

It looks like vaccine passports will also possibly play a role in determining who will be allowed in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Because demand will outstrip supply. If the capacity is 4000 (or for arguments sake 7800) this equates to less than our pre Covid ST numbers. Simply there will be no places left for walk ons or away fans.

The questions were asked already before this season started....

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18709546.rovers-season-tickets-prices-plans-ifollow-streaming/

The likelyhood is that to get access you need a vaccine certificate and a negative test within 36 hours before the game.

Waggott imposed a tax on buying tickets on matchday because of the additional admin costs of counting enough pies.

No way he can accomodate walk on covid testing and all that additional admin (staff costs).

The additional sting in the tail is the test is paid for by the fans ("customers") rather than the club ("private business") so for many that will mean affording a test instead of a pie.

I will be astounded if Swag reduces the ticket prices based on the above link and his history of taxing fans.

Applying common sense does not help balance the books.

Reminds me of when Senior refused to "de-value the product". Mowbray has already done that.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Because demand will outstrip supply. If the capacity is 4000 (or for arguments sake 7800) this equates to less than our pre Covid ST numbers. Simply there will be no places left for walk ons or away fans.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18709546.rovers-season-tickets-prices-plans-ifollow-streaming/

The likelyhood is that to get access you need a vaccine certificate and a negative test within 36 hours before the game.

Waggott imposed a tax on buying tickets on matchday because of the additional admin costs of counting enough pies.

No way he can accomodate walk on covid testing and all that additional admin (staff costs).

The additional sting in the tail is the test is paid for by the fans ("customers") rather than the club ("private business") so for many that will mean affording a test instead of a pie.

I will be astounded if Swag reduces the ticket prices based on the above link and his history of taxing fans.

Reminds me of when Senior refused to "de-value the product". Mowbray has already done that.

But why would the capacity be 4000 come August? And if it is how long does that last in a country where Covid has been almost wiped out or protected against?

By August everyone will be vaccinated and the expectation is that normality will have resumed and legal limits restricted. If 4000 is all we can do by then how long is it going to take until 30000 are allowed?

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But why would the capacity be 4000 come August? And if it is how long does that last in a country where Covid has been almost wiped out or protected against?

By August everyone will be vaccinated and the expectation is that normality will have resumed and legal limits restricted. If 4000 is all we can do by then how long is it going to take until 30000 are allowed?

Not sure how many people have that expectation.

Getting back to stadiums, theatres, cinemas, concerts, nightclubs will be allowed from June but with various control measures in place which make them safe. i.e. without the measures they won't be safe to open.

Vaccinated means you can still carry and transmit.

Vaccination isnt compulsory and therefore around 10% of adults will not be vaccinated. In France, Germany, this is 25% hesitancy rate.

No under 18s are being vaccinated.

Vaccine only lasts a few months and already announced there will be an Autumn 3rd pbooster program to roll out (do it all again).

New variants. 

Vaccination rates outside the UK (and eventually outside Europe) e.g. Africa, South America, South Asia, etc

I agree that if most are vaccinated then nobody is going into hospital so we should be back to pre Covid normality. A few deaths per year will be similar to flu so not a reason to restrict our lives. But that isn't what is being prescribed by Sage, scientists, politicians (not just in UK).

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

When you say demand will outstrip supply, you are going off past sales. Personally I think, if Mowbray is still manager next season we will be lucky to sell 3000 season tickets. 

Covid testing would be the death knell for football. I won’t be buying a ST if I’m expected to have a test prior to attending. Is there a refund on your ticket if you test positive? Will you be allowed to attend without a mask if you test negative? Will singing, shouting and cheering be allowed?

If people don’t want to have a vaccine then it’s their decision. They will simply have to take their chances - as they do with flu.

Everything should be getting back to normal by the start of next season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

When you say demand will outstrip supply, you are going off past sales. Personally I think, if Mowbray is still manager next season we will be lucky to sell 3000 season tickets. 

I would agree.

But we sold 2500 to people who knew they wouldn't attend a game.

Then there are a few who can't wait to get back regardless. Then there will be the kids who get taken to games but have no voice on here or social media. I will go for 5000.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Vaccinated means you can still carry and transmit.

Vaccination isnt compulsory and therefore around 10% of adults will not be vaccinated. In France, Germany, this is 25% hesitancy rate.

New variants. 

Vaccination rates outside the UK (and eventually outside Europe) e.g. Africa, South America, South Asia, etc

These points are going to remain forever. There will always be a risk of variants, some countries with lower vaccination, non compulsory vaccination. Do we allow restrictions and measures forever to try and counter a hypothetical or potential risk?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I would agree.

But we sold 2500 to people who knew they wouldn't attend a game.

Then there are a few who can't wait to get back regardless. Then there will be the kids who get taken to games but have no voice on here or social media. I will go for 5000.

But of the 2500 that bought season tickets, I can imagine 2500 of them being disappointed at this seasons outcome. I don't think all of them will renew next season, if Mowbray is still here. 

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

But of the 2500 that bought season tickets, I can imagine 2500 of them being disappointed at this seasons outcome. I don't think all of them will renew next season, if Mowbray is still here. 

The thing that goes in the clubs favour on that I suppose is the discount we get. Then again, if prices continue to rise maybe even that bonus becomes outweighed.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing that goes in the clubs favour on that I suppose is the discount we get. Then again, if prices continue to rise maybe even that bonus becomes outweighed.

Will you be renewing if Mowbray is still manager?

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Will you be renewing if Mowbray is still manager?

I will, yeah. In no way an endorsement of him being manager, ive wanted him out for a while. I am looking forward to the social aspect of going with my mate, I have missed going in general and I will get a discount. 

• Like 1