BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool and trains!

As is likely that many Rovers fans going to Blackpool on Saturday will travel by train, please be aware of the chaos caused by Northern Rail on previous Saturdays when they cancelled trains at the very last minute, had trains that only had three carriages and also had a train that should have gone through to Manchester stop before Preston meaning a join up with another train before arriving at Preston seriously overcrowded!

Total chaos!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not as much the players who may be missing. But what ridiculous picks Mowbray makes to replace them.

He signed an injured CB as cover saying to the press at the time he wasn't worried. Great decision that. Bloody halfwit.

10 minutes ago, booth said:

He signed an injured CB as cover saying to the press at the time he wasn't worried. Great decision that. Bloody halfwit.

His defensive recruitment policy is the stuff of idiots. We're never short of lightweight midfielders though.

1 hour ago, booth said:

The biggest problem I have is the fact that we have two right-backs, in Nyambe and Pike. Nyambe has an injury prone history, with lots of little niggles. So we let Pike, the only other competent right-back out on loan. Midfield and forwards, if we haven't sufficient cover, could be addressed by a change of formation. But in my opinion the defence system should always remain, at what our players are happiest with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

The biggest problem I have is the fact that we have two right-backs, in Nyambe and Pike. Nyambe has an injury prone history, with lots of little niggles. So we let Pike, the only other competent right-back out on loan. Midfield and forwards, if we haven't sufficient cover, could be addressed by a change of formation. But in my opinion the defence system should always remain, at what our players are happiest with.

I've seen so many people saying "he had no choice" (to play Magloire) last night and today, and no one is pointing out we actually have Pike.

Or we did but TM decided to loan him for a month. Such bad management considering the lack of cover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

I've seen so many people saying "he had no choice" (to play Magloire) last night and today, and no one is pointing out we actually have Pike.

Or we did but TM decided to loan him for a month. Such bad management considering the lack of cover.

He did this back in 2019 too, sent Downing out on loan at the end of the transfer window without replacing him only for Lenihan to get injured in the next game.

Ended up with Mulgrew and Rodwell as centre halves along with Magloire(!) as next in line.

We then went on to lose 9 of the next 11 games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, Pike has never kicked a ball in senior football, so can't really be seen as a convincing deputy himself. The loan was only for a month too.

Whenever I have seen Pike play he has been satisfactory at right-back. The problem with the months loan, is that during that month we could have done with him here.