BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Lenihan does leave in the summer than I would look at signing Van Hecke permanent if we can afford whether we go up or not. 

So why sign Souttar ? Please don't mention that he is a Scottish international, At present that is not a good yard-stick.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would try to sign Van Hecke, Carter is an adequate cover player. Phillips is ready to be developed, that is probably why he trains with the first team.

Carter is not premier league quality and never will be.🙄  ok for back up as mid table championship 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Absolutely.   Any signing now has to be a show stopper, someone who wants a promotion push and a punt at playing for us in the Premier next season....

Forget these average Joe's, we can get them in the summer if we stay down.

Gayle, Tosun, Long, Maja, there's probably a few others who could weigh in with 10 goals in the second half of season. 

I don’t understand how you can’t get wages and the discrepancy between what we can spend and other teams.

It seems beyond reality that you’d suggest two or three players guaranteed to be on so much more, and one who’s record in the championship  is 1 in 17 and a relegation.

Show stoppers indeed.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what the budget will be if we get promote? do you know that? I would rather we look for good players for sensible fees and not over spend on wages and silly transfer fees. 

We can still sign players with PL experience but I wouldn't be paying silly wages. We need a sensible financial approach if we reach the PL. 

The budget will be bigger than it is anyway and if we want to stay in the league then we will have to be paying our players more than 18k a week

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Chances are they aren't and you know it. Stop playing silly sods

Playing silly sods is saying Dolan is nothing more than a “nice lad” and doubling down on the anti-Buckley stuff, in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I don’t understand how you can’t get wages and the discrepancy between what we can spend and other teams.

It seems beyond reality that you’d suggest two or three players guaranteed to be on so much more, and one who’s record in the championship  is 1 in 17 and a relegation.

Show stoppers indeed.

Just throwing a few names out there, you understand my point so stop playing silly sods again....Dalglish did it with Cowans etc or are you too young to remember?

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Carter is not premier league quality and never will be.🙄  ok for back up as mid table championship 

I never said that Carter was premier league quality. I said that he was adequate cover. Which I mean as, he is ok on our championship bench. Twist that how you want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Brighton rate Van Hecke and Khadra, they loaned them out for experience.

They have already given Khadra a premier league debut.

Do they? cos this poster has said this

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35141-january-transfer-window-2022/?do=findComment&comment=2270490

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

So why sign Souttar ? 

Quality player, used to playing in back 3, and someone I suggested 3 years ago as a potential signing.  Have you ever watch him play? 

here a video of him if you want to look at it https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+souttar&&view=detail&mid=C00FEAAE95E927E10235C00FEAAE95E927E10235&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Djohn%2Bsouttar%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

The budget will be bigger than it is anyway and if we want to stay in the league then we will have to be paying our players more than 18k a week

Who knows what the budget will be but I don't expect silly wage budget and I would not be paying above 25/30k a week for any player

52 minutes ago, briansol said:

I think the math is quite simple. The talk is  Souttar joining in the summer, when Van Hecke is going back to Brighton and Lenihan is out of contract. 

That basicly leaves us with Ayala and Wharton as senior pros.  Which is very light considering playing three at the back. Even if Lenihan stays, we are probably two centre light. 

Carter needs at least another loan to be ready for regular Championship games.

Phillips is only 16, massive talent and will get chances.

It will still be very light though, as with that injury record it's basically signing half a player in squad depth terms.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I will never stop being amazed by how anyone could fully judge a player who’s 22, and played a handful of games.

Its always critical too, it’s hardly ever “he is going to be special”, that seemingly saved for anyone at Euxton…!

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I will never stop being amazed by how anyone could fully judge a player who’s 22, and played a handful of games.

Its always critical too, it’s hardly ever “he is going to be special”, that seemingly saved for anyone at Euxton…!

It's an opinion on a message  board, don't get too upset.🙄

Dalglish,  whatever...you know what I mean.

You’re example of why I should listen was completely wrong

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

It's an opinion on a message  board, don't get too upset.🙄

I don’t get upset, I just don’t get it. My opinion, also on a message board;

Give people a chance.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do they? cos this poster has said this

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35141-january-transfer-window-2022/?do=findComment&comment=2270490

Quality player, used to playing in back 3, and someone I suggested 3 years ago as a potential signing.  Have you ever watch him play? 

here a video of him if you want to look at it https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+souttar&&view=detail&mid=C00FEAAE95E927E10235C00FEAAE95E927E10235&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Djohn%2Bsouttar%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

Who knows what the budget will be but I don't expect silly wage budget and I would not be paying above 25/30k a week for any player

Let's stop going backwards and forwards. I have never commented on Souttars quality as a player. What I have said is that I don't think we need him. The fact that you liked him three years ago, has no bearing whatsoever on whether the Rovers need him at the present time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

You’re example of why I should listen was completely wrong

I don’t get upset, I just don’t get it. My opinion, also on a message board;

Give people a chance.

What I'm saying is we should look for a bit of quality that's proven on loan to perm from a Premier team....Watford signed Dan Gosling in January 21 and he helped them up and is playing for them  now in the Premier league...buying 2 unproven Scottish players isn't going to help us go up....

We need proven know -how for the run in....in my opinion.  Pukki might fancy a change eh?

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

Let's stop going backwards and forwards. I have never commented on Souttars quality as a player. What I have said is that I don't think we need him. The fact that you liked him three years ago, has no bearing whatsoever on whether the Rovers need him at the present time.

Well we do need him as at the minute we have Wharton, Ayala, Carter and Philips for next season, so we need at least 1 signing if not 2 especially if we get promote. Pratt need a loan for next season where he can regular football like Wharton did. Can we really trust Ayala long term fitness? Lenihan's future is unclear and not sure he will re-sign here if we aren't promote. So How can we not need at least another centre back especially if we can promote

What I'm saying is we should look for a bit of quality that's proven on loan to perm from a Premier team....Watford signed Dan Gosling in January 21 and he helped them up and is playing for them  now in the Premier league...buying 2 unproven Scottish players isn't going to help us go up....

We need proven know -how for the run in....in my opinion. 

I can see your point, but I’m neither advocating signing these as additions or replacements, I just would give them some time if they did play for us, like anyone.

Weren’t Watford receiving parachute payments at the time? Would help massively for investing in the squad in January if we had an extra 30m in sponsorship money, but alas we do not.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we do need him as at the minute we have Wharton, Ayala, Carter and Philips for next season, so we need at least 1 signing if not 2 especially if we get promote. Pratt need a loan for next season where he can regular football like Wharton did. Can we really trust Ayala long term fitness? Lenihan's future is unclear and not sure he will re-sign here if we aren't promote. So How can we not need at least another centre back especially if we can promote

I must have missed the bit where Lenihan has moved on. With our financial position I would wait till the close season, see which league we are in, which players we have for the next season, and strengthen accordingly. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what the budget will be if we get promote? do you know that? I would rather we look for good players for sensible fees and not over spend on wages and silly transfer fees. 

We can still sign players with PL experience but I wouldn't be paying silly wages. We need a sensible financial approach if we reach the PL. 

So you go with the Norwich approach,get promoted and spend hardly anything which in turn get's you bottom of the league all season and a limp attempt at surviving relegation,i for one would hope we'd make a better job then Norwich have the times they have been promoted recently.I want ambition to survive in the Prem not just be happy to be in it if we ever get back there.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JBiz said:

How do you know they aren’t premier league quality and how do you know other teams aren’t after them?

Why are certain markets only suitable for premier league teams?

How do we compete with 20+ teams ready to pay bigger wages and probably 15+ teams if we get promoted?

If  premier league teams were in for them then it would be known, and i dont think we would be the favourites to get them.

If promoted i would be hoping for more proven quality.

We have been linked with Hedges for 18 months its safe to say that he was being targetted as a championship player.Even Aberdeens Manager said only 2 weeks ago he doesnt know if we still hold an interest as going for promotion.He is 26 and has played for Barnsley and in the scottish league.If he is signed and we are promoted id bet he wont be playing much of a role for us next season.

I dont know the budget if we get promoted but id wager we will be at least doubling what we currently pay our highest earner.We used pay players 35k a week in this league.

• Like 1