BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

It doesn't mate, we've not signed a single player in the last 5 years that the fans on the forum have been excited about other than Armstrong and even he had doubters he was worth 3 million! When we signed Kaminski with Europa League experience it was a 'why are they happy to sell him? Is he proven in England? Sign a right back from the Bundesliga and people have him liking a tackle down as a bad thing, its laughable. 

Yeah and if we didnt bring in a rb and Nyambe got injured the same people moaning about the signing now would be giving the club grief for not bringing in someone for that position.

If Nyambe was to get injured we would have to play either Buckley or Carter in that position.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think one of the the best signings Rovers could make this window is a goalkeeping coach to replace Benson.

IMO, we need a goalkeeping coach who has played the game professionally at a good level and who has a proven track record for developing and improving goalkeepers and who our goalkeepers would respect - with such a coach, I think there is a very good chance Raya (look how his game has developed since leaving Rovers) would still be a Rovers' player.

Kaminski is a very good goalkeeper who, I believe, with the right coach and mentor would get even better. 

I think Pears is a lost cause irrespective of who our goalkeeping is or who might be. 

I think Stergiakis and Eastham have far more natural ability and potential than Pears and they deserve the chance to realise such potential with a goalkeeping coach who ticks the right boxes. 

Bobby Mimms did great when he was here. He’s currently out of work.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Those clubs will offer him a competitive salary and a 4 year deal. We aren't offering him a competitive salary and probably not close to 4 years.

From all reports its suggested 3 and a half years are on the table.

As late as today the club have said he isnt close to leaving.

Here is a thought why dont you save your moaning until he leaves the club?.I know you think you have a better understanding of whats going on at the club but in reality half the stuff you say doesnt come true.You moan at the club over every little thing.

Pre season you where creaming yourself over the buisness that luton did.Signed a bunch of journeyman that i can nearly guarantee you would have been critical of our ambition if we made those signings.

We are 2nd in the league.Have made 1 signing, another looking close and we have sold nobody.

Anyone would think it was relegation we were facing(like you predicted) and were touting our players to other clubs to be bought ffs 

We have sold 2 players of Value in 5 years!

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What's the alternative?  No apparent queue of premier league teams is there?  

Seems to be a couple more possibly sniffing round him than round the other two!

Hopefully not an issue we have to worry about until the end of the season. If he gives it his all and we go up both Club and player will be in a vastly different situation and I would hope we'd then be able to agree terms with him. 

If we don't, I'd have thought he'd be able to get a move to the PL. If not however and he only makes a sideways move for similar money it'd be our loss.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You're honestly ok with Pears in goal if Kaminski gets injured for 3 months? Really?

Yes I would ok with him cos everyone has based their opinion on the Wigan away game and forget that he played his part in keeping 3 clean sheets in the two and half games he played i. 

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

here is something we can do and make provisions by ensuring that we have a deep squad just in case. 6 was at most, maybe 4 or 5 which is not much different to 3. We lack numbers and we also could do with different options, its not like say last season when blooding untested kids had less risk considering that we were in mid table. You keep saying about excuses because you are again not reading and are just replying to your own arguments. Its not about making excuses, it is about having enough quality in depth to cover and challenge for a promotion push.

I am reading your comments and arguments thanks. 

We got to second in the league with this smaller squad so I feel that 3 signings is about right. in this transfer window. Carter, Butterworth, Pears, Davenport and Dolan have all played their part in getting us second in the league over 22 other teams. Also got to take in consideration upsetting the squad morale and team spirit. Plus you are expect 4 or 5 signings to settle in quickly, be fit enough and have an impact on our season. 

Also your comments on Burke, do I know for sure that if he joined, that he would be shit here? Of course not. But I would not personally recommend signing a player that has been a massive failure and has looked poor whenever I have seen him in the last few years. Not only that, but his only flickers of career promise were as a winger, not as a forward. His goal record is woeful too.

You were saying that in the summer about who would scored the goals at Rovers this season and some of us told you that the team would step up and perform. and guess what they have. If Mowbray wants to sign Burke then clearly he will have impact for us and has a plan how he would use him. 

Regarding the budget, we have a major sale in this years accounts. To invest a chunk of that considering our position seems a reasonable expectation of the owners.

Have owners increase the budget after the Armstrong sale? 

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

From all reports its suggested 3 and a half years are on the table.

As late as today the club have said he isnt close to leaving.

Here is a thought why dont you save your moaning until he leaves the club?.I know you think you have a better understanding of whats going on at the club but in reality half the stuff you say doesnt come true.You moan at the club over every little thing.

Pre season you where creaming yourself over the buisness that luton did.Signed a bunch of journeyman that i can nearly guarantee you would have been critical of our ambition if we made those signings.

We are 2nd in the league.Have made 1 signing, another looking close and we have sold nobody.

Anyone would think it was relegation we were facing(like you predicted) and were touting our players to other clubs to be bought ffs

'From all reports' - again - what 'all reports' are you referring to? What appears in the Lancashire Telegraph that has been fed to them by Waggott the liar?

The Club haven't said anything - other than making other clubs aware of the situation and effectively inviting interested parties to come forward.

'Half the stuff I say doesn't come true' - examples please?

Who have we signed? - you don't seriously mean the 6 month contract for James Brown do you?

I think you'll find the vast majority of people expected a struggle this season and on the other page there was a poll I think with 15th the zone people expected us to be in. Even the manager has admitted he's surprised at how well we've done so far.

If the club take my money I'm entitled to question what is going on and no - as I've said many many times - I will not just blindly accept what they say without question or criticism especially when it involves half our squad being out of contract in the next 12  months and our best academy products walking away for nothing.

Because lets not forget - this isn't limited to Nyambe - if it was it might be put down to a 'one off'. This is actually most of the squad.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah and if we didnt bring in a rb and Nyambe got injured the same people moaning about the signing now would be giving the club grief for not bringing in someone for that position.

If Nyambe was to get injured we would have to play either Buckley or Carter in that position.

Don't think some including myself are moaning about him coming in as initial backup, more the possibility of him coming in as a replacement for Nyambe this month.

And not only are a surprisingly large number of people not moaning about it, they seemingly can't wait to wave Nyambe bye bye!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would ok with him cos everyone has based their opinion on the Wigan away game and forget that he played his part in keeping 3 clean sheets in the two and half games he played i. 

I’m basing mine on how horrific he was when called upon last season, as well as Saturdays debacle. In the previous games this season there were some worrying moments caused by his poor positioning. Fortunately he was very well protected by our superb first choice back 5.

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What's the point for him in that?

Just personally don't see many prem teams interested in signing him. Think him and his agents are in for a shock when it comes to trying to find a new club.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't think some including myself are moaning about him coming in as initial backup, more the possibility of him coming in as a replacement for Nyambe this month.

And not only are a surprisingly large number of people not moaning about it, they seemingly can't wait to wave Nyambe bye bye!

We needed another  RB Rev.

When we played 4 at the back and Nyame was out we had to put a centre half in Carter in his place.He did ok but i wouldnt want to see him playing RWB.

The club have said nobody for sale,obviously that could change if we recieve a ridiculous offer but i dont think offers will reach that level for any of the 3.

A couple of click bait sites said Leeds might put a 3 million bid  and also credited Southampton with an interest who have a load of full backs.

Nothing from the Leeds paper.Nothing from the leeds official site.Nothing from sky.

Mowbray said he wanted competition and now we signed someone it automatically means Nyambe is being sold?

People keep saying we have history for this etc..completley ignoring the fact  that only 2 players of value have been sold by the club in near 5 years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Dont think Nyambe will go anywhere this window.

Have you heard Leeds from the same source as the rest of us?A couple of fan led websites?

I really hope you are right. My nerves can't stand another 3 weeks of these rumours. If we keep this squad together and sign a couple more, I'll be on cloud nine.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

'From all reports' - again - what 'all reports' are you referring to? What appears in the Lancashire Telegraph that has been fed to them by Waggott the liar?

The Club haven't said anything - other than making other clubs aware of the situation and effectively inviting interested parties to come forward.

Who have we signed? - you don't seriously mean the 6 month contract for James Brown do you?

I think you'll find the vast majority of people expected a struggle this season and on the other page there was a poll I think with 15th the zone people expected us to be in. Even the manager has admitted he's surprised at how well we've done so far.

If the club take my money I'm entitled to question what is going on and no - as I've said many many times - I will not just blindly accept what they say without question or criticism especially when it involves half our squad being out of contract in the next 12  months and our best academy products walking away for nothing.

Because lets not forget - this isn't limited to Nyambe - if it was it might be put down to a 'one off'. This is actually most of the squad.

And what reports and rumours are you peddling when you suggest he is about to be sold.

Every bloody club sells players. 

Mowbray again today has told Sharpe Nyambe is going anywhere.But you know better?

In the last 5 seasons we have sold 2 players of Value.You cant argue with that.

• Like 1

Because we sign someone who threatens Nyambe's position (on paper) it's being frowned upon, yet if we signed some lad from League 2 to sit on the bench it'd be 'is he really better than our academy?' or 'can he be relied upon if Nyambe is injured?' We have 2 right backs competing for one spot. It's a good thing for the love of christ.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers interested in Blackpool's Josh Bowler

Promotion hopefuls Fulham, Blackburn enter battle for standout Championship star Josh Bowler (teamtalk.com)

Where has this rumour come from?

Some Leeds fan on Facebook said Nyambe was seen at their game on Saturday.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Some Leeds fan on Facebook said Nyambe was seen at their game on Saturday.

I don't reckon there's a Leeds fan on planet earth who'd know Nyambe if he punched them in the face.

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Example...we wont pay a fee for a goalkeeper.

We wont bring in Ayala.You didnt believe we would pay the package.

Continuously going on about when we sold a player(like it doesnt happen at other clubs)

In the last 5 seasons we have sold 2 players of value.Raya who the manager had been critical of.He asked to leave.It wasnt about bringing in a few quid.

And Armstrong.

And you are entitled to moan i just fine it odd why you even bother still going when everything the club does is shit in your opinion.Or some conspiracy behind it.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1