BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

It's just three weeks to our home game with the Dingles.

They are so much better than us it's embarrassing. Will we find some grit and determination or will it be another totally inept performance?

Have ticket and travel arrangements been announced?

[edit] I'd forgotten about the cup! 😄

Edited by JohnD
edit

Just now, JohnD said:

They are so much better than us it's embarrassing. Will we find some grit and determination or will it be another totally inept performance?

There will be no announcement until they know whether the game takes place on the 19th March or not. the chances are it won't as I can't imagine they won't beat Fleetwood at home.

I also believe the allocation will be affected depending on whether the game is on a Sunday lunchtime or a midweek evening.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, JohnD said:

They are so much better than us it's embarrassing.

Tbf as far as Burnley being better you could say that for practically every team in the division. They've made this league look like a bit of a joke. Only two losses and 19 points clear of 3rd already, lol. I'd say it puts the other relegated clubs with parachute payments to shame more than us. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Tbf as far as Burnley being better you could say that for practically every team in the division. They've made this league look like a bit of a joke. Only two losses and 19 points clear of 3rd already, lol. I'd say it puts the other relegated clubs with parachute payments to shame more than us. 

They’ve done what all relegated clubs should do but not many actually do.

It’s bloody annoying!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s bloody annoying!

I think you’re dead right.

I’ve rubbed some people up the wrong way by talking about how much better we are - but what I’ve also said is we’ve got a massive advantage over most of the division.

Not just the parachute payments - but selling players for £70 million. It gives you a massive advantage, and whilst there is a lot of change to manage we should be going straight back up.

Somebody said earlier that our lead reflects badly on the other promoted teams - and that is absolutely bang on. You need either amazing recruitment or fantastic coaching to try and compete - and even then the odds are stacked against you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

[edit] I'd forgotten about the cup! 😄

What are we, 8 unbeaten and just picked up 9 points from 9 points in the league and this is the first thing you can think about on a Sunday morning?

How the other half lives, I guess. 

20 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s bloody annoying!

The problem they're going to have is that they've spent £40m+ on an entire squad of top level Championship players that are all going to need replacing if they want to survive in the Premier League.

I’ve no problem in you saying you are better than everyone else, Dave. you are. I’ve been more 🙄 with Longers’ and sympatheticclaret’s ‘little owd Burnley’ routine.

You’ve ‘rubbed folk up the wrong way’ by acting like an obnoxious arse most weeks. Carry on posting like the above and no problem.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The problem they're going to have is that they've spent £40m+ on an entire squad of top level Championship players that are all going to need replacing if they want to survive in the Premier League.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

I think a good few of them could play in the Premier League.

We gave United a game in the cup and battered Bournemouth at their place.

Not all of them will make it. But I think enough of them will. The bottom half of the Premier League isn’t all that.

Edited by DavidBrent

47 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think that’s a problem which all the clubs in the championship would like to have

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

£40 million eh That’d get you one of Mudryks legs, take your pick. And he doesn’t even get to start.

Think about it this way. When we finished second to get promoted, the core of that team remained in the squad for our premier league and league cup winning season the year after. We finished 10th.

Burnley have absolutely pissed this league but how many of those players could form the nucleus of a team that could do similar next year?

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Think about it this way. When we finished second to get promoted, the core of that team remained in the squad for our premier league and league cup winning season the year after. We finished 10th.

Burnley have absolutely pissed this league but how many of those players could form the nucleus of a team that could do similar next year?

Muric

Roberts, Beyer, Ekdal, Taylor

Cullen, Brownhill

Zaroury, Benson

All more than good enough I’d say. 

See how the striker develops. Short of a midfielder and I think we’ll probably buy Maatsen - who will also be good enough.

We’re not competing with Chelsea and Mudryk. We’re competing with Crystal Palace - and they have James McArthur and Matete.

• Like 1

The other thing - if we go up and come down again …… so be it.

In the same way it’s tough for Championship clubs to compete with Parachute Payment clubs it’s impossible for clubs our size to compete with about 60% of the Premier League. 

Even if we’re the best run club in the country (which we were for a while, and arguably you were pre-Venkys) your shelf life inevitable ends. It’s the nature of the beast for clubs our size.

16 minutes ago, DavidBrent said:

In the same way it’s tough for Championship clubs to compete with Parachute Payment clubs it’s impossible for clubs our size to compete with about 60% of the Premier League. 

Even if we’re the best run club in the country (which we were for a while, and arguably you were pre-Venkys) your shelf life inevitable ends. It’s the nature of the beast for clubs our size.

By going up and down Burnley have secured their future, at least as far ahead as we can see. Getting on the Parachute Paymnets ride is the way to go!

Having said that payments will probably be reduced in the future.

I'd like to see a scheme where clubs were rewarded for producing their own talent! We'd do well!

4 hours ago, DavidBrent said:

Even if we’re the best run club in the country (which we were for a while, and arguably you were pre-Venkys) your shelf life inevitable ends. It’s the nature of the beast for clubs of our size 

Woah Woah Woah - you may be the better club for now but you’ll never be as big as us 😀

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Woah Woah Woah - you may be the better club for now but you’ll never be as big as us 😀

"Lancashire's Most Historic Football Club", is how I refer to us in my WhatsApp conversations with my old schoolmate who follows That Lot.

It really, erm, "hacks" him off!😉