BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• chaddyrovers changed the title to Summer Transfer thread 2022

Gonna suggest someone who should be signed for the academy team.

Name: Jaiden Bartolo
Position: Centre-Forward
Current Club: 🇬🇮 Manchester 62 FC
International: Gibraltar U17 - 5 caps, 2 goals
1 goal scored vs Faroe Islands U17 10 September 2021 (Result: W 2-1)
1 goal scored vs Bosnia-Herzegovina U17 7 October 2021 (Result: L 1-6)
Season stats:
Gibraltar Intermediate League (U23 League): 2 apps, 4 goals
Gibraltar National League: 4 apps, 5 goals

Made his U23 debut on 10 February 2022 against Lynx U23, scoring 4 goals as a substitute in a 7-4 win.
Made his first team debut on 12 February 2022 against College 1975, starting the game and scoring one goal.
Scored first senior hat-trick on 5 March 2022 in a 4-1 win against Lynx.

Seems to be making a big impact over there and is part of a crop of youngsters making moves abroad, with several now in Spain (Thomas Recagno - Atlético Zabal, Tyler Carrington - CD Estepona, Rafi Emrani - RB Linense, Nicholas Pozo - Cadíz, Jesse Gomez - Algeciras) and a few in England (Carlos Richards - Derby County, Evan Busto - Rotherham United, Liam Jessop - Fleetwood Town). Considering he was rushed into the first team as soon as the league's rules allowed them to, it's clear his club sees big things ahead for him and with the right coaching could turn into a good goalscorer at a decent level. Not like Blackburn haven't scouted there before either, and with Gibraltar league games now being streamed on demand it's easy to watch his performances online too (for example, yesterday's game where he scored a hat-trick).

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

At least the club are lining up Breretons replacement early 

I would suspect he would go into the under 23's first before we start to hopefully develop him for the first team

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

1 goal in 11 in non League. He will fit in.

maybe look at number of teams who are scouting him and reporting interested in him. 

Barely in mind he is 18 years old. 

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

It's a bit early to be talking about this don't you think? 

We have no idea how far down the table we are going to fall yet and that will be a big factor in signings. 

Glad to see you in a positive mood on a lovely Sunday morning.

Nope I don't. 

and who says we are going to fall down the table?

4 hours ago, inflikted said:

Gonna suggest someone who should be signed for the academy team.

Name: Jaiden Bartolo
Position: Centre-Forward
Current Club: 🇬🇮 Manchester 62 FC
International: Gibraltar U17 - 5 caps, 2 goals
1 goal scored vs Faroe Islands U17 10 September 2021 (Result: W 2-1)
1 goal scored vs Bosnia-Herzegovina U17 7 October 2021 (Result: L 1-6)
Season stats:
Gibraltar Intermediate League (U23 League): 2 apps, 4 goals
Gibraltar National League: 4 apps, 5 goals

Made his U23 debut on 10 February 2022 against Lynx U23, scoring 4 goals as a substitute in a 7-4 win.
Made his first team debut on 12 February 2022 against College 1975, starting the game and scoring one goal.
Scored first senior hat-trick on 5 March 2022 in a 4-1 win against Lynx.

Seems to be making a big impact over there and is part of a crop of youngsters making moves abroad, with several now in Spain (Thomas Recagno - Atlético Zabal, Tyler Carrington - CD Estepona, Rafi Emrani - RB Linense, Nicholas Pozo - Cadíz, Jesse Gomez - Algeciras) and a few in England (Carlos Richards - Derby County, Evan Busto - Rotherham United, Liam Jessop - Fleetwood Town). Considering he was rushed into the first team as soon as the league's rules allowed them to, it's clear his club sees big things ahead for him and with the right coaching could turn into a good goalscorer at a decent level. Not like Blackburn haven't scouted there before either, and with Gibraltar league games now being streamed on demand it's easy to watch his performances online too (for example, yesterday's game where he scored a hat-trick).

There must be 100s round here like him...

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A new summer transfer thread 3 months too early, title spelt incorrectly and all about a no mark non league player.  🤷‍♂️

Almost like you have the choice whether to post in it or not….

• Like 6

one player I would target whether we went up or not would be Barnsley Midfielder Callum Styles. 

On the right back situation given that Nyambe is leaving and Zeefuik seems injury alot then do we need a new right back signing or is James Brown good enough quality if we don't go up? I don't know enough on him or seen enough of him to comment on that

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

one player I would target whether we went up or not would be Barnsley Midfielder Callum Styles. 

On the right back situation given that Nyambe is leaving and Zeefuik seems injury alot then do we need a new right back signing or is James Brown good enough quality if we don't go up? I don't know enough on him or seen enough of him to comment on that

When I suggested Styles in January you pulled me up on it 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, islander200 said:

When I suggested Styles in January you pulled me up on it 

what did I say? 

Given I was banned from this site  and I suggested him on another Rovers site and twitter that we sign him as Replacement for Rothwell. Think I suggested Styles and Williams for Replacements from Rothwell  

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I posted a story last week that we had bid accepted for him in January 

Yeah I'm talking about when i suggested him as a player I'd like to be brought in in January.Il look for the post later ,it's in the January transfer thread 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Yeah I'm talking about when i suggested him as a player I'd like to be brought in in January.Il look for the post later ,it's in the January transfer thread 

Are you sure it wasn't O'Riley from MK Dons actually?