BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think that's right, but it's much less a feature of his game than it used to be. He seems much more disciplined in his decision making now than he was even 1-2 years ago. I think the penny might've dropped a little earlier had he been paired with a wiser head in defence earlier in his career. I know Mulgrew was experienced but he was never really a defensive leader in that sense. 

Yes, he has got better, but that was until very recently in a back 5 were there’s less temptation to be drawn out.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, he has got better, but that was until very recently in a back 5 were there’s less temptation to be drawn out.

That's a fair point. I don't think he's looked too different when played in a four this season either, which he was for the first months of the season and from time-to-time since, but I accept that's a pretty small sample. 

34 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Do you not remember how awful he was when he played for us? League 1 standard Winger for me 

He was very good indeed against Sheffield United, but other than that I agree. Plus there's the fact that he's recovering from a serious injury to consider.

I wouldn't be dead against it if he came here for buttons as a squaddie on loan - there is some ability there - but I'd hope there would be much better options for us out there. 

On 03/05/2022 at 11:56, RoversClitheroe said:

Do you not remember how awful he was when he played for us? League 1 standard Winger for me 

He was poor when he started playing for us. He was just starting to look good when he got injured. I think he looked a handful upon his return from injury, short-lived as it was. I'd consider loaning him again, depends what other options we have. Probably the only one of the loanees we should be able to get again.

On 03/05/2022 at 12:26, Torgeir said:

Wouldn't take Poveda back solely because Leeds seemed like they were a pain to deal with when he got an extensive injury.

Very fair point. It would need to be a kinder loan contract from our perspective this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We have Hedges and Markanday as left footed right wingers, it seems to be over-stocking to get a third of a similar ilk so I wouldn't sign him again.

To describe him as "awful" is hyperbolic in the extreme though. Mixed bag in mainly cameos.

Hedges should never be a starter for us, and Markanday can operate through the middle as well I believe - and so can Poveda. But I see your point and we need someone to play on the left side to replace BBD to avoid seeing Gallagher there on a regular basis.

37 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Hedges should never be a starter for us, and Markanday can operate through the middle as well I believe - and so can Poveda. But I see your point and we need someone to play on the left side to replace BBD to avoid seeing Gallagher there on a regular basis.

I’ve got a radical plan for that - why don’t we put a left footer out on the left side. Too obvious ?

• Like 3

I dont see the problem with players playing on their wrong side, it can lead to more goals. Brereton has played from that left hand side and scored lots this season. Obviously with both of those mentioned, the big question is regarding their ability which is a bit of an unknown.

Let’s hope the outgoing recruitment department have made up a list of players. Looks like we will be scouting the lower leagues for permanents then maybe loans from premier league to fill gaps.

need at least two right backs, two centre backs, two centre mids, left winger and a striker in my eyes. 
maybe promote Carter as one of the centre backs or that Phillips youngster we keep hearing about?

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont see the problem with players playing on their wrong side, it can lead to more goals. Brereton has played from that left hand side and scored lots this season. Obviously with both of those mentioned, the big question is regarding their ability which is a bit of an unknown.

Interesting you say their “wrong side “ . I know which one I’d rather play against as a full back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

I would like to see Zeefuik and Khadra back next year, preferably for low fees. 

Zeefuik just needs to settle in, he is quick for sure, and Farke will want a fast RB.

Zeefuik at £3.5M is a none starter for me. I’d much prefer the Barnsley RB. 

• Like 4

On 03/05/2022 at 10:06, joey_big_nose said:

I reckon like Shane Duffy Lenihan is a better player than people give him credit for. Out of the trio who are leaving (Lenihan, Nymabe, Rothwell) Lenihan is the one who will get a modest Prem career in my opinion.

I think he'll be thinking like that, especially, if he can break into the Ireland squad/side as a regular. I'm sure that becoming international regulars has helped Duffy and Hanley's careers, not just in their development but even simply in their reputations. It must be a disappointment for Lenihan that he hasn't done more at international level given the weak state of the Rep Ireland squad, relatively speaking.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well we’ve Hedges and Markanday to choose from, take your pick ?

Hedges isn’t a starter in a side challenging for promotion. Markanday unproven but is hopefully versatile enough to operate R/L/C. I would look to fill that position with someone that prefers to play there. 

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Hedges isn’t a starter in a side challenging for promotion. Markanday unproven but is hopefully versatile enough to operate R/L/C. I would look to fill that position with someone that prefers to play there. 

Does anybody get to play where they prefer under Mowbray ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces