BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Have you considered he knows stuff before he puts things out, he just puts it out when he can do?

Not really no.Why come out and say anything about it?

Clubs know Styles is available, of course they do ,he isnt a league 1 player and Barnsley are a selling club.

It's not personal,Rovers fan seems a sound fella etc but I just don't think has insight,he goes through the official channels at the club and they are not going to be telling him who or who we haven't bid for,expressed an interest in.Why would they if they don't want it out there?

8 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

With a 50% sell on clause - I would agree

Just coming to this thread for the first time today; and I must say I like this idea. (I'll do the "thumbs up" emoji in a minute, @DavidMailsTightPerm !)

A large sell-on clause might deter a Continental buyer and give us some degree of input into any deal.

• Backroom
48 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's 100% as the news is already out there when he writes about it.Nobody at the club is giving him anything.

On this Style story, do you really believe that the club if we are in for him would say to Rich " yes we have bid Rich, £2.5 million but don't tell anyone just yet"

Like iv said seems a sound fella but id challenge you to show me one exclusive, that hadn't been somewhere else beforehand?Even in January his understanding we had an interest in Markanday on loan few hours later confirmed by the club it's a permanent deal.

The likes of Nixon and other nationals have contacts that are external agents,someone at the selling club.

Brittain Rich was nowhere near and Morton again it was already reported it was a done deal before he gave him a mention 

Actually yes, I believe it completely. It's exactly how White and Cryer operated with the club too.

They were regularly told things so they could prepare potential reports ahead of time. It's part of the trust of being a local paper journo.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Not really no.Why come out and say anything about it?

Clubs know Styles is available, of course they do ,he isnt a league 1 player and Barnsley are a selling club.

It's not personal,Rovers fan seems a sound fella etc but I just don't think has insight,he goes through the official channels at the club and they are not going to be telling him who or who we haven't bid for,expressed an interest in.Why would they if they don't want it out there?

He's essentially a mouthpiece for the club most of the time when it comes to transfers, and that's not a bad thing.

That seems quite cheeky from West ham, I mean £30million + for someone who is arguably an equivalent talent to BBD? And the paper is saying Ben is worth half that?

I know it's paper talk & to be taken with a pinch of salt but we should be looking for a much better deal for our prized asset!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Surely we raid Scandinavia at one point this window, I’d bet a lot on that happening 

Isn't that quite difficult, post-Brexit?

A lot of the young, talented, affordable players you'd want don't qualify for a work permit. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bennisfromheaven said:

That seems quite cheeky from West ham, I mean £30million + for someone who is arguably an equivalent talent to BBD? And the paper is saying Ben is worth half that?

I know it's paper talk & to be taken with a pinch of salt but we should be looking for a much better deal for our prized asset!

The remaining length of contract does weaken our hand though. Especially with foreign clubs lurking who could pre-sign him for free in Jan. If he had 2+ years left his market value for his profile would probably be about 20-25 million. With a year left, 15 is probably about right unless there's a bidding war. Come January we won't be getting more than about 10 at best.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bennisfromheaven said:

Give it a rest, Scamacca is a far superior talent to BBD and has 4 years on his deal, the two are incomparable.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Give it a rest, Scamacca is a far superior talent to BBD and has 4 years on his deal, the two are incomparable.

Really? I can't say I have seen a lot of him. Granted the contract situations are very different but I see how he warrants double the valuation of BBD other than having an "exotic" name for a bit longer!

Ben is without doubt our main goal threat at the moment, the most likely player to score 20 goals this season. Take those goals away, give forest their share & spend half the remainder if we're lucky? 

Ben was a special investment and should continue to be! Give him a bump, it will cost but if he starts the season like last year we could also be looking a special return for that investment!

12 minutes ago, Bennisfromheaven said:

Really? I can't say I have seen a lot of him. Granted the contract situations are very different but I see how he warrants double the valuation of BBD other than having an "exotic" name for a bit longer!

Ben is without doubt our main goal threat at the moment, the most likely player to score 20 goals this season. Take those goals away, give forest their share & spend half the remainder if we're lucky? 

Ben was a special investment and should continue to be! Give him a bump, it will cost but if he starts the season like last year we could also be looking a special return for that investment!

Keeping hold of him wouldn't be a smart idea, even with a new contract, too much risk involved, sell now whilst his stock is at his highest it likely ever will be for us.

19 minutes ago, Bennisfromheaven said:

I haven't seen the player whatsoever, and I doubt many on here have. But I'd have to say 16 goals in Serie A probably trumps 22 in the Championship.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Keeping hold of him wouldn't be a smart idea, even with a new contract, too much risk involved, sell now whilst his stock is at his highest it likely ever will be for us.

He wont sign a new deal so its hypothetical but if he did, why would his stock now be likely as high as it will ever go for us? He is 23 years old.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He wont sign a new deal so its hypothetical but if he did, why would his stock now be likely as high as it will ever go for us? He is 23 years old.

Makes sense if you think he will go back to BB next season though. Even if he notched 22 again I don't think it would go up more than a few million unless we somehow went up, as there is a bit of a ceiling on Championship players. Maybe another few million if he hit 30 or shone even more for Chile. On the other hand if he scored 7 again his value would probably half.

A dramatic loss of value is probably more of a possibility than a dramatic increase in value. So there is some logic to it. Though personally I think he is more likely to continue as is, or improve, than become a bit shit again. And an increase of a few million is still an increase.

Heard from a source that Breretons representatives were hard to deal with. This statement was before he got called up to the international scene. His image and reputation has grown massively, Not sure how reliable the info was but I just hope that with his partner being pregnant he would prefer to stay closer to home and signs a new deal for now. Still young and plenty of opportunities to come

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I’ve always throught around 17m for Brereton is about right this summer. Needs to hurry up.

I wonder if one of the Centre backs we are after is Ryan Porteous at Hibs, one year left on his deal so will be relatively cheap.

Not sure we are going for cheap on the CB, after the links to Anel and Davies. Suspect they want a rock they can rely on. Wise, since Ayala has unreliable availability to put it mildly, and Wharton is still relatively inexperienced at this level although he had a good season. It would be unfair to frequently put the burden on him, especially if we line up with 3 CBs at any stage. Course, if we want two CBs, one could be relatively cheap as you say. I suspect if we get two though, we will buy one and loan one, since we have Carter and Phillips coming through who, if not ready this season we may consider to be next season.

7 hours ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Give it a rest, Scamacca is a far superior talent to BBD and has 4 years on his deal, the two are incomparable 

Is he? Based on what? 

You're right about the contract aspect though which is ultimately what will lower the fee.