BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

How does it work though would he still stay here on peanuts until next season?

Can a player transfer/resign from a scholarship?

During your registration period you may only be released if all parties are in agreement (the Club, Academy Player and parents).

As an alternative, any party may ask the Football Disciplinary Commission (FDC) to provide a decision on the termination request by making a written application providing full reasons for the request.

For further information on Football League Contracts at there website

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so looks like he he stays on his scholarship until it ends in summer 23. Bit awkward for all concerned if true and he is going to leave next summer. caveat article form 2016 so may have changed

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Fling him out the squad pronto then if this is true.

Then we'll watch him disappear never to be heard of again.

if he wants to go down that route then then he can **** off,no doubt he`ll get lost in spurs massive player pool and by the time he`s 23 he will have played a few league cup games and have been loaned out 6 times,probably end up playing for barnet,that scenario has happened hundreds of times

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Im not an expert on it either but I thought there was meant to be a benefit to having a Cat 1 Academy in that PL Clubs can't just cherry pick your best youngsters for the compensation calculation but I'm guessing that doesn't apply when (yet again) we've allowed the player to get out of contract.

So in recent times that's Armstrong (reduced fee) Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, and now potentially Phillips.

Impressive going if it comes to that.

That's not how it works. 

It goes to tribunal, who determine the value of the player. They also add a sell-on clause and a training fee.

If the compensation is £250k then either Spurs have someone on the tribunal, or he's not as good as we think.

Also, as I've said previously, Phillips' mum will want to get off Twitter for a while if he shafts the club like this. 

36 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The footballing pyramid is class isn't it......

I mean the PL submitted a proposal to turn the Championship, L1 and L2 into their Minor League clubs the other day.

It's shit. Greed has ruined football I'm afraid. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean the PL submitted a proposal to turn the Championship, L1 and L2 into their Minor League clubs the other day.

It's shit. Greed has ruined football I'm afraid. 

don`t they want their reserve/u23`s to to compete in the lower leagues and cups as they do in spain,not sure it`s going to work in this country tbh

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's not how it works. 

It goes to tribunal, who determine the value of the player. They also add a sell-on clause and a training fee.

If the compensation is £250k then either Spurs have someone on the tribunal, or he's not as good as we think.

Also, as I've said previously, Phillips' mum will want to get off Twitter for a while if he shafts the club like this. 

No way the comp would be 250k. It will be nothing like his true value, but would expect it closer to 1mill + bonuses. 

If he has decided on Spurs there is also a decent chance they'll try to buy him now. Obvious that the club won't invest much in him if he is to leave at the end of the season.

However let's wait until anything is official before starting any mayhem. And his poor mum should be left alone on twitter

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What can he do though? If the wage offered is a good one by Rovers standards then Phillips either signs or he doesn't. If he can get triple at Spurs and his entourage are getting him to sign it then we can't compete. I think Waggott et al were hoping 1st team football would sway it. Lets hope it does. 

• Like 2

Regarding Philips and other stand out youth players, there should be a fixed  % of future transfer fee paid to the player developing clubs .

Ie now with him potentially signing a pro contract with spurs at 17 , rovers should get 30% of future fee. Previous club 10%

It might slightly put the big fish off, from youth player poaching 

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

What can he do though? If the wage offered is a good one by Rovers standards then Phillips either signs or he doesn't. If he can get triple at Spurs and his entourage are getting him to sign it then we can't compete. I think Waggott et al were hoping 1st team football would sway it. Lets hope it does. 

Not tell the press and fans the situation is resolved?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It seems whilst still on a scholarship both clubs have to agree a fee for the player if player decides to move. Once the scholarship ends (and because Rovers have offered a pro contract) it will again be up to the 2 clubs to agree on the compensation. If they can't agree it then goes to a tribunal.

The Harvey Elliot move from Fulham to L'pool is discussed in this article Determining the level of compensation for out of contract football players - LawInSport

So then we can just turn down the paltry 250k and let it go to tribunal.If we take 250 k for him with no sell on then it will be an absolute joke and even though we could be described as a basket case club I don't think even we would be daft enough to do that.

Fairly standard for when player transfers go to tribunal a 20% sell on is added 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Not tell the press and fans the situation is resolved?

Because the contract was agreed in principle. I'd imagine it was all drawn up and all he had to do was sign it on his 17th birthday.  He appears to have reneged on that agreement...probably cos Spurs have offered him a lot more money. 

I can't stand Waggott FWIW...I just don't think the blame for this is on him. The club couldn't do anymore UNLESS the wages offered on his Pro deal are shite. 

On telling the press, no idea, maybe he was asked, maybe he just likes to blow his own trumpet. I doubt it has changed anything. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He appears to have said there was an agreement - but as we know it can't be binding. You just want to run Waggott down.

You believe what you want. I know what he's up to. He'll tell anyone and everyone what they want to hear but in the end fails to back it up.

September 2021 was around the time he was telling fans Lenihan was days off signing his new deal. 

Not a word that he comes out with can be relied upon.

I hope it makes you feel better about things telling yourself it's never an issue at Rovers' end and always something else out of our control. Won't get us anywhere though.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Regarding Philips and other stand out youth players, there should be a fixed  % of future transfer fee paid to the player developing clubs .

Ie now with him potentially signing a pro contract with spurs at 17 , rovers should get 30% of future fee. Previous club 10%

It might slightly put the big fish off, from youth player poaching 

Yep, it's scandalous, the current system is utterly corrupt.  

• Like 2