BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

What that article does confirm is that in general Waggott is full of shite - 'confident' of getting Lenihan to sign.  

Which is precisely my point.

Plenty of folk are keen to take Waggott's word for it, not just in this instance but in most other areas of concern.

"We've done a,b,c"

"We've offered x,y,z"

"We've got big bids on the table for new players"

"We've done all we can"

"It's not our fault"

Time after time stuff he comes out with then doesn't happen. I just don't get why people are so keen to believe the party line when he's got such a track record for bullshit or saying things that don't happen.

Player after player depart for nothing, costing the club millions in lost player value, yet rather than question what the hell people like Waggott are up to instead it's easier to look away from the club - FFP rules, crowds, income - all the usual easy excuses. Responsibility starts at home. 

And lets be honest we are only talking about Ash Phillips now because of the lack of CBs we have following another exodus this summer. If we'd have recruited properly up to this point we wouldn't even be considering putting him in the squad.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean the PL submitted a proposal to turn the Championship, L1 and L2 into their Minor League clubs the other day.

It's shit. Greed has ruined football I'm afraid. 

Yeah I read that.

What was it? Premier League will chuck us a few more scraps from the table but we had to be contractually obliged to play some of their U23's, develop them and get very little in return. 

"Greed has ruined football", never a truer word has been spoken.

• Like 3

The Phillips rumour is no more than the Styles, Bowler or JPvH rumours.

Let’s just see how it pans out.

For all we know, he might be ready to press the button on his pro contract with Rovers and is looking forward to making his debut for us this season.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah I read that.

What was it? Premier League will chuck us a few more scraps from the table but we had to be contractually obliged to play some of their U23's, develop them and get very little in return. 

"Greed has ruined football", never a truer word has been spoken.

the top six are the culprits,they want to run the game for themselves

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Which is precisely my point.

Plenty of folk are keen to take Waggott's word for it, not just in this instance but in most other areas of concern.

"We've done a,b,c"

"We've offered x,y,z"

"We've got big bids on the table for new players"

"We've done all we can"

"It's not our fault"

Time after time stuff he comes out with then doesn't happen. I just don't get why people are so keen to believe the party line when he's got such a track record for bullshit or saying things that don't happen.

Player after player depart for nothing, costing the club millions in lost player value, yet rather than question what the hell people like Waggott are up to instead it's easier to look away from the club - FFP rules, crowds, income - all the usual easy excuses. Responsibility starts at home. 

And lets be honest we are only talking about Ash Phillips now because of the lack of CBs we have following another exodus this summer. If we'd have recruited properly up to this point we wouldn't even be considering putting him in the squad.

Any inquiries should be made directly to Waggott himself. If not then stop whining.

He's a right good bloke and makes a top notch brew.

You can't just blame Saint Steven for everything, after all how can it be his fault that players are leaving in droves without any replacements, there are 2/3rds the number of season ticket sales that we should be getting, the stadium in a state of disrepair and so on.

Don't you know there was some work done on the pitch over summer, all is fine and dandy. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Just when I thought I couldn't get more miserable and morose about a Rovers transfer window, along comes another punch to the gut.

Don't blame the lad, don't even blame Spurs, we'd do exactly the same in their position (if we were a switched on club), regardless it's pretty grim news. 

Worst of it all, I naively thought the thread title change was referring to Lenihan and Nyambe. 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Silas said:

Just when I thought I couldn't get more miserable and morose about a Rovers transfer window, along comes another punch to the gut.

Don't blame the lad, don't even blame Spurs, we'd do exactly the same in their position (if we were a switched on club), regardless it's pretty grim news. 

Worst of it all, I naively thought the thread title change was referring to Lenihan and Nyambe. 🤦‍♂️

don`t believe everything you read on here😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the top six are the culprits,they want to run the game for themselves

Yeah definitely.

Although I hate Newcastle and want them to fail unceremoniously with their new found wealth, the top 6 were quick to get some new rules pushed through to stop Newcastle spending stupid amounts. Pretty sure they were the main reasons the Newcastle takeover was delayed for so long.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

What that article does confirm is that in general Waggott is full of shite - 'confident' of getting Lenihan to sign.  

In my opinion when the shit hits the fan he just tells people what they want to hear to ward off criticism.

Lenihan about to sign a new deal, Phillips situation under control, new £2m state of the art pitch for next season etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's not how it works. 

It goes to tribunal, who determine the value of the player. They also add a sell-on clause and a training fee.

If the compensation is £250k then either Spurs have someone on the tribunal, or he's not as good as we think.

Also, as I've said previously, Phillips' mum will want to get off Twitter for a while if he shafts the club like this. 

Didn't Fulham get in excess of £4.2m for Elliott via tribunal?

If that's the case then we should be looking at a couple of million easily for Phillips minimum unless the tribunal is biased in favour of the "big" club.

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

The Phillips rumour is no more than the Styles, Bowler or JPvH rumours.

Let’s just see how it pans out.

For all we know, he might be able to press the button on his pro contract with Rovers and is looking forward to making his debut for us this season.

Whilst I completely agree with your point, these sort of rumours (I.e. players you ideally don't want to leave leaving) tend to come to fruition compared to potentially amazing incomings.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Heard Phillips is close to agreeing pro terms with Spurs, Rovers expecting to get 250K compensation with no sell on fee and not happy about it…

HE can then wank off ..: shitty after the interview and a chance to get first team football here

let him stay with the u 18s then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If that's the case then we should be looking at a couple of million easily for Phillips minimum unless the tribunal is biased in favour of the "big" club.

Fulham got £1.5m plus a further £2.8m in contingencies dependent upon the player's performance. Elliott had already played in the Premier League when he moved to Liverpool.

The £250k quoted for Phillips is clearly too low and probably just a case of Daniel Levy trying his usual hardball negotiating - which in the past has been known to blow up in his face.

If the player is as good as some are saying perhaps our best course of action is to keep him for the season -which from some of the posts above it appears we can do - hope that he is good enough to play quite a few games, plays well, and then the tribunal will place a high valuation. Even better we might get promoted and can then afford a much better offer..........

Should we really be guaranteeing playing time to a 17 year old? If that’s what he’s demanding or we are using to sway him let him go, every minute anyone plays should be fully earned by hard work not to fend off vultures.

sounds like this one might not be on waggot and more on the system but it just seems like everything at rovers is an issue. The poor handling of Mowbray leaving, the lack of proactivity with players contracts, moving at a snails pace to hire a new manager and DOF, the slower then slow work in the transfer market, season ticket and match day ticket prices. Everything just seems to be slow, backwards, incompetent or all 3! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We know they will be.

I think our pay structure is at fault.

Why can't Phillips stay until he's 24 and earning £4k pw🤠

Always just one bad tackle or fall from the end of a career.

What would you advise your son to do in these circumstances?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If the player is as good as some are saying perhaps our best course of action is to keep him for the season -which from some of the posts above it appears we can do - hope that he is good enough to play quite a few games, plays well, and then the tribunal will place a high valuation. Even better we might get promoted and can then afford a much better offer..........

Might be a first for us, but agreed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I know clubs have extensive scouting systems and don’t base who they sign on what a manager says in the press but I never fully understood why Mowbray was talking 16 year old Phillips up so much this time last year 

I wonder if Robbie Cotton is still playing!?

• Like 2