BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8.4M is insulting, but he will go this window I don’t doubt it. I’m sure we have replacements lined up, don’t panic. 

As a side note I’m getting bored senseless of Radio Lancashire and the Telegraph keep asking JDT about signings. It’s the same answer every time - when will they realise that Greg buys them and JDT coaches them? 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Jaybes said:

As good as he’s been, feel that spent wisely, £10-12m would go a long way to getting a v good if not better replacement in on a 3-4 year deal. Chance for us to play a blinder here (or totally balls it up).

Fingers crossed.. 

Like who?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

8.4M is insulting, but he will go this window I don’t doubt it. I’m sure we have replacements lined up, don’t panic. 

As a side note I’m getting bored senseless of Radio Lancashire and the Telegraph keep asking JDT about signings. It’s the same answer every time - when will they realise that Greg buys them and JDT coaches them? 

You can see he is starting to get fed up with those questions too. 

21 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Strange one Nice.

Although so was Kasper going there as well I guess.

Rather let him go for nothing than take anything like 10m though tbh.

Aaron Ramsey has gone there too. Can’t let this drag on for too long. Hopefully will tempt others to get involved. Big loss but can’t let him go for nothing.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I was always taught "don't be afraid to ask a stupid question". Shame on you if you repeatedly ask it though.

It has been blatantly obvious since the start of the summer, and even before then given the loan status of Van Hecke and uncertainty on Lenihan, that signing a CB was essential. 

Yet here we are, 2 weeks from the window shutting, having not signed a CB, and seemingly the only significant progress on that front has been to try and get another loan from Liverpool and we now have to sit around waiting for them to decide what is happening.

Now if after all that time and opportunity we still can't or won't get a CB in - of critical importance - despite claims of a good budget regardless of the Brereton situation - then I don't think the omens are good for a Brereton replacement to be completed in a matter of days.

For all of Broughton's work - and I am impressed with what I have seen from him so far - it is clear that getting bodies in is still an issue here, with only 3 signings to date. The key of course is that ultimately he might be the best D of F around but if he's working on Venky time or with no money then he's not going to be able to get the job done. 

Anyhow - the media crew will be happy as they can divert the positivity of our excellent start away and turn it into panic stations about losing our key man. That's the way they like it around here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

What can they do though? They have every right to ask the questions because the fans want to know. 

The problem is that Broughton (apparently) has said he won't talk about transfers until the transfer window has shut. If he won't give interviews then the media will keep asking the questions of the people who will  i.e. JDT.

Broughton needs to man up and give an update. It doesn't have to be in-depth. Problem solved. 

Why are folk desperate for Broughton to give a running commentary on the transfer window? It’s quite clear that he will come out and talk after the window closes.

Not only that but he’s provided a small written explanation of each signing to date on the club website.

If I was him I’d prefer to be judged on concrete signings rather than lip service to the local media.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Why are folk desperate for Broughton to give a running commentary on the transfer window? It’s quite clear that he will come out and talk after the window closes.

Not only that but he’s provided a small written explanation of each signing to date on the club website.

If I was him I’d prefer to be judged on concrete signings rather than lip service to the local media.

Running commentary? No, an update, so that Q's aren't constantly directed art JDT. Because if he doesn't give an update  Q's will keep on getting directed at JDT. And it's fairly clear JDT is getting annoyed by them. 

And JDT should not be accounting for Broughton's failures in the transfer window. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What if he's sold and replaced with Styles and two of Evjen / Bowler / Birmančević?

That'd be good business. We have to hope Broughton and JDT have a contingency plan in place. 

Yeah id be happy enough with that. Plus JPVH.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It has been blatantly obvious since the start of the summer, and even before then given the loan status of Van Hecke and uncertainty on Lenihan, that signing a CB was essential. 

Yet here we are, 2 weeks from the window shutting, having not signed a CB, and seemingly the only significant progress on that front has been to try and get another loan from Liverpool and we now have to sit around waiting for them to decide what is happening.

Now if after all that time and opportunity we still can't or won't get a CB in - of critical importance - despite claims of a good budget regardless of the Brereton situation - then I don't think the omens are good for a Brereton replacement to be completed in a matter of days.

For all of Broughton's work - and I am impressed with what I have seen from him so far - it is clear that getting bodies in is still an issue here, with only 3 signings to date. The key of course is that ultimately he might be the best D of F around but if he's working on Venky time or with no money then he's not going to be able to get the job done. 

Anyhow - the media crew will be happy as they can divert the positivity of our excellent start away and turn it into panic stations about losing our key man. That's the way they like it around here.

I agree that 1 if not 2 CB’s are needed before the window shuts, but you fail to mention that we bid for both Anel and Ben Davies but both deals failed to come off.

Sharpe stated in the telegraph that a £3m bid had gone in but he opted for the higher wages on offer in Sheffield.

I will be with you to criticise the club if defenders aren’t brought in or any money from a hypothetical sale is not reinvested, but I’m keeping my powder dry for the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Running commentary? No, an update, so that Q's aren't constantly directed art JDT. Because if he doesn't give an update  Q's will keep on getting directed at JDT. And it's fairly clear JDT is getting annoyed by them. 

And JDT should not be accounting for Broughton's failures in the transfer window. 

To be honest I think they’d keep asking the silly questions anyway. It’s what generates those hits, much more so than who might not be available for selection.

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

To be honest I think they’d keep asking the silly questions anyway. It’s what generates those hits, much more so than who might not be available for selection.

Why are Q's about transfer updates 'silly'?  Every footie journo in he land asks about them. The problem at Rovers is the dysfunctional set-up whereby the bloke who should be answering them has gone into hiding, leaving JDT to answer them.