BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t give a shiny shite about ‘passing games’, ‘playing the right way’ and all that - results, results, results is all that matters to me and he got plenty to have us consistently around the top 6 until December 2023.

I will judge JE exactly the same way as we await said win as we go into game eight of his reign. The wins start today with a 1-0 off Gally’s shin after 90 minutes of hoofing it? Sounds good to me. 

10 games 0 wins for JE

• Like 2

On 29/03/2024 at 09:44, jim mk2 said:

Both Mowbray and Tomasson both blew big chances to get in the playoffs. The collapse in form in the latter half of those 2 seasons were similar but it felt worse under Tomasson because we had been in the top 6 right to the very end only to fail at the last hurdle. The game at Preston will wrankle for a very long time.

There's a rose tinted view of Tomasson because of his fluent passing game but forgotten also were many dreadful performances when the team did not compete and gave away some of the silliest, softest goals I've ever seen through unnecessary mistakes at the back.

I liked Tomasson but he outstayed his welcome and was allowed to continue in post far too long. In the end he had lost interest and was actually damaging the club. 

The Preston game does wrankle but blame Hedges and then Scott Wharton and Hyam for that one.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2024 at 23:30, JHRover said:

As designed by those in control the 'anti JDT' stuff has gone down a treat on the Venkygraph, Facebook and twitter. Legions of fans now using this as 'evidence' that the problem here was JDT, that he had lost the dressing room, that the players weren't happy under him and that things should be fine now we've got Eustace in charge.

It really is that simple to pull the wool over the eyes of so many so quickly.

All I know as a supporter who has seen an awful lot of crap in the last 12 years is that JDT delivered more in less time than anyone else, that we went nearer to cracking the play-offs than under anyone else, that we went nearer to Wembley than under anyone else and this was despite being given zero backing during January and working with extreme limitations. 

Obviously as a humble supporter and not a 'pro' I'm not privy to what goes on in private but whatever did go on clearly didn't do us much harm last season or the first half of this season as we sat in or close to the top 6 despite slashing and burning the squad, deliberately.

I don't personally care what individuals thought about the manager. What matters is results. Give me last season under JDT above any other season we've had under relentless mediocrity and failure under these wretched people. 

Anyhow, happy camp back on. Content to plod along in the bottom half of the Championship for the next 4-5 years if we are lucky, Keeping pondlife like Waggott in well paid employment as he continues to gut the club, cutting costs and quality until its retirement day and there's nothing left but 6000 fans rattling around Ewood reminiscing about the 80s.

At least the senior pros will enjoy themselves and not get upset at a winner demanding more of them. Maybe one day St Tony will come home and tell them more about what wonderful human beings they all are.

Nailed it there.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2024 at 09:44, jim mk2 said:

Both Mowbray and Tomasson both blew big chances to get in the playoffs. The collapse in form in the latter half of those 2 seasons were similar but it felt worse under Tomasson because we had been in the top 6 right to the very end only to fail at the last hurdle. The game at Preston will wrankle for a very long time.

There's a rose tinted view of Tomasson because of his fluent passing game but forgotten also were many dreadful performances when the team did not compete and gave away some of the silliest, softest goals I've ever seen through unnecessary mistakes at the back.

I liked Tomasson but he outstayed his welcome and was allowed to continue in post far too long. In the end he had lost interest and was actually damaging the club. 

It felt far worse under Mowbray as we'd seen him fail season after season. With JDT it felt like the club was going in the right direction, then badly let down in January. It felt like with better backing there was finally a chance.

Sadly a legion of c***s came along and ruined it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, booth said:

It felt far worse under Mowbray as we'd seen him fail season after season. With JDT it felt like the club was going in the right direction, then badly let down in January. It felt like with better backing there was finally a chance.

It’s not like it was the first time is it ? I felt the same when we employed Lambert and Irvine and Co.

1 hour ago, booth said:

They didn't just come along, they've been here for 14 years.

• Like 2