BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Again not surprised the players weren't happy, especially the defensive ones which were hung out to dry by JDT suicide football. If I was left in regular 3 vs 1 scenarios or being given a hospital pass in their own area whilst being closed down by the opposition I would feel the same.

Either way it didn't need to be said, just go out and win some matches. There is far too much talk from the players, manager, DOF at the moment without the results to go with them.

• Like 3

Best league finish since relegation and the closest we've come to Wembley in the FA Cup both last season.....so not a clue what Wharton is banging on about, it's worth noting some of his mistakes at the end of season could be good reason as to why we didn't make the playoffs in the end.

As others have said, it's loser talk, laying blame at someone no longer around.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, superniko said:

Best league finish since relegation and the closest we've come to Wembley in the FA Cup both last season.....so not a clue what Wharton is banging on about, it's worth noting some of his mistakes at the end of season could be good reason as to why we didn't make the playoffs in the end.

As others have said, it's loser talk, laying blame at someone no longer around.

the players will be getting away with a more relaxed regime under eustace as manager,thats why they are being so complimentary about him,jdt was extremely driven and if you wer`nt doing it on the pitch then you wer`nt playing in saturday

• Like 3

• Backroom

I’d rather players, managers and anyone interviewed showed more honesty rather than talking in platitudes so for that I say fair play to him 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d rather players, managers and anyone interviewed showed more honesty rather than talking in platitudes so for that I say fair play to him 

But if he's being really honest he will admit for large parts of last season he was nowhere near the levels he had been previous. That's the reason why he wasn't playing much. Carter was much better.

Edited by Hasta

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'd rather he looked himself in the mirror instead of blaming someone else for his own failures. Wharton's attitude is typical of the modern footballer.

• Like 1

It's disappointing that Scott has come out with this. It seems to me that his grievance started with not getting in the team for the Burnley match (which Tomasson screwed up in) and the good form of Hyam and Carter coupled with his individual errors meant he wasn't picked. That's football and to bleat about it now doesn't do him any favours.

It will be interesting what Eustace does when Carter is fit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Probably instructed to do so by Waggott and shadow man. Blame the external factors, never hold those inside the club responsible for our failings.

Agreed.

He's being paid by the club.

Jdt isn't here anymore.

This is a timely interview when the team is down the bottom and instead of taking responsibility the club put out interviews with players moaning about last season.

Very stupid.

Last season was our best run in and opportunity to get promoted since them lot took over and they shanked it.

Players like SW are to blamed.

I can't see JE getting us to 7th next season 

• Like 1

I've just read the piece by the crybaby Scott Wharton.

Disgraceful behaviour.

No wonder JDT alledgedly lost the dressing room with shysters like Wharton running it as a so called senior player.

He's honest? you are taking the fecking piss.

• Like 3

Yet more displays of absolutely pathetic behaviour from the shittest squad we've ever had. 

I have absolutely no time for any of them. They are soft as shit and get outdone, out muscled and easily brushed aside by anyone and every one. Soft cunts the lot of them. 

Not one of these soft crybabies would last more than four seconds with Souness, Hughes, Allardyce, Dalglish or even Roy Hodgson. 

The reason we are so shit, the reason we automatically lose a game when going a goal down, the reason we failed to make the playoffs and the reason we'll be relegated maybe this year and definitely next is because of the shit soft arsed players we have. Fuck the lot of them. 

Fuck off Scott Wharton. JDT is a Champions League winner, you are a second tier dolloper. I know who I would have gotten rid of from this club. 

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 7

I found Scott Wharton interesting about JDT's man management style, playing style and him being dropped for the Burnley game. 

Scott is still feeling gutted about being dropped by JDT for the Burnley game which JDT did ballsed up. 

Scott Wharton wasn't at his best form last season but was that not down to being a bit part player and lack of game time. Which is fair comment but JDT did over achieved and players seem to enjoyed playing under JDT. 

Catch 22 situation here.  

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I found Scott Wharton interesting about JDT's man management style, playing style and him being dropped for the Burnley game. 

Scott is still feeling gutted about being dropped by JDT for the Burnley game which JDT did ballsed up. 

Scott Wharton wasn't at his best form last season but was that not down to being a bit part player and lack of game time. Which is fair comment but JDT did over achieved and players seem to enjoyed playing under JDT. 

Catch 22 situation here.  

Remember when we kept saying the players weren’t happy with JDT and you kept denying it and quoting one of the new players as saying he’s loving playing under JDT. Well it seems Brittain, Wharton and several others couldn’t, or wouldn’t, buy in to what he was trying to achieve.

That style of football you championed so much was hated by the players, and ultimately they saw to it that performances dropped away until they got rid of him. Unfortunately we are now finding out that under more conventional tactics, they are actually pretty average and JDT had them over performing. If I was Brittain or Wharton I’d be keeping quiet now and working hard, not coming out doing that interview. Especially when relegation is still a real worry. What a prick.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Remember when we kept saying the players weren’t happy with JDT and you kept denying it and quoting one of the new players as saying he’s loving playing under JDT. Well it seems Brittain, Wharton and several others couldn’t, or wouldn’t, buy in the what he was trying to achieve.

That style of football you championed so much was hated by the players, and ultimately they saw to it that performances dropped away and they got rid of him. Unfortunately we are now finding out that under more conventional tactics, they are actually pretty average and JDT had them over performing. If I was Brittain or Wharton I’d be keeping quiet now and working hard, not coming out doing that interview. Especially when relegation is still a real worry. What a prick.

The players were happy last season otherwise would we finish 7th last season? 

We were 7th in December but then the wheels came off and we were in free fall. Maybe some players wanted a change of tactics or how set plays were done or some tweaks to the playing style. 

I still want us to play good attacking football whilst being good defensively and score goals from set pieces.

We didn't need to be so open in play looking back or don't play inverted full backs or play out from the keeper as we discussed earlier

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We were 7th in December but then the wheels came off and we were in free fall.

Yeah Andy Bayes shoots Gregg down on that one.

Good attacking football, solid defensively and scoring from set pieces? Not sure Eustace has got that memo yet.

Wharton isnt the first to slate Tomasson and is seemingly another made up that he has gone. We could probably do with actually winning a game under the new manager before hearing another player spout hot air about how glad they are of the change.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Good attacking football, solid defensively and scoring from set pieces? Not sure Eustace has got that memo yet.

Wharton isnt the first to slate Tomasson and is seemingly another made up that he has gone. We could probably do with actually winning a game under the new manager before hearing another player spout hot air about how glad they are of the change.

They're just happy that things are back to the good old days when they weren't ever held to account for being shit and a bunch of soft cunts.

• Like 2

We were in freefall under Tomasson and going down. 

Some of the football under him, especially earlier this season, was as good as we've seen for a good while, but he obviously lacked the nous to turn around the form when a different approach was required. 

We were/are in a tailspin, hopefully Eustace can pull that nose up before we crash land into League 1.

• Like 3