BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

We are two years away from a World Cup. UEFA has 16 qualification slots and Sweden have a full qualification campaign to prepare for starting in a year's time.

Most managers would love a crack at qualifying for and going to manage at a World Cup.

He'll get a fair crack of the whip and they'll be focused on getting there.

Beats wasting his career away here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yep i think all the venky waggott, etc.. Shenanigans created a very convenient smoke screen for him in the end

I was wondering about that.

Probably convenient for Swag too. A cheap way to rid himself of a turbulent manager, who openly satirised his bullshit. 

• Like 4

Good luck JDT

So his CV reads Double Swedish Champions, Rovers, Sweden. Quite a smorgasbord with the relish in the middle.

I wonder when Wahlstad wins his next cap?

Unlike Norway and Denmark, the Swedes are lacking any truly outstanding players coming through at the moment unless I have missed something. A seriously tough assignment to get them to the competitive levels Sweden have been at in the past. 

Interesting article: "They were cutting the budget" - Manager on leaving 'difficult situation' at Blackburn Rovers, pleased with present job - Sport Witness

He has confirmed he was talking to the Swedish FA since December:

Jon Dahl Tomasson left the club earlier this month but talks with Sweden first took place towards the end of December, a month after Janne Andersson stepped down from his post.

He revealed this when asked to share what he felt when he first got a call from Sweden, and his comments are relayed by Aftonbladet.

“We’ve been talking since before Christmas. The situation at Blackburn was a bit different then. But I got the perfect feeling right away that I wanted to be part of that journey. The conversations we had were extremely positive and I got a ‘wow’ feeling that I really want to be involved,” Jon Dahl Tomasson explained.

Writing was on the wall since then - he was checked out clearly, hence the lack of willingness to change tactics or grind out results? Once the budget got cut and he got peed off in the summer, we should have parted ways. Ultimately Venkys are the reason he left.

I am sure he will do well with them and go on to have a good managerial career at a European club. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danishfan said:

JDT presented as Swedens new head coach - press conference in English 🙂

https://www.svenskfotboll.se/nyheter/landslag/2024/02/presskonferens-jdt/

He has been in talks with Sweden since Christmas. He talks a bit about why he left Rovers.

Same ambitions/visons for Sweden as he had for Rovers.

I found it on YouTube

• Like 1

“I left Blackburn because it was a difficult situation,” he said. “Of course, they cut the budget. I signed up for a project which changed, that was the reason.”

What a shocker that’s a first in football. Unheard of in the championship. 🤔

We will see how this cozy little number goes. 

There is an expression Winners never quit and quitters never win. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 12

5 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

“I left Blackburn because it was a difficult situation,” he said. “Of course, they cut the budget. I signed up for a project which changed, that was the reason.”

not many managers would have put up with the idiots,chancers,spivs and incompetents that roam around the ewood hierarchy,not to mention indian fraudsters who sell the best players and keep the money

5 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

i don`t think many managers would have put up with the idiots,chancers,spivs and incompetents that roam the ewood hierarchy not to mention indian fraudsters who sell players and keep the money

Edited by simongarnerisgod
not sure
  • Like 6

Can't but help wonder how much the distractions of his negotiations with Sweden which were clearly going on during the slump contributed to it either consciously or unconsciously - he was clearly disillusioned with the hierarchy but it was almost as if he had lost interest /motivation to change anything on the pitch. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Interesting how one of the female journalists went immediately to the point of asking about the defensive side of the game. She's clearly seen our goals against column. 

Jdt not taking any responsibility for the teams shite form and predictable kamikaze "style of play" 

Won't be long until hes taking all the credit for the likes of youngsters like A wharton. 

The guys now coming across as the the most manipulative manager we've had since kean, only difference is jdt is smarter and more of a likable personality and gave us some good times before it went to 💩 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 12