BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

That's another of the wage bill .

Not really, for the time being, Liam Holt is with Sweden just for this week, it is yet to be decided if it will be long term.

Guess Liam is doing it in his spare time, in a week he would normally have time off?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

Surely, player trading is chiefly a responsibility for the Director of Football.

I wonder if Broughton was aware of what Waggott and Pasha were up to?

If he was then it was totally out of order not involving JDT in discussions.

If he wasn't, then obviously he still wasn't aggrieved enough to take the moral high ground like JDT did and negotiate his own departure.

Speaks volumes.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If he was then it was totally out of order not involving JDT in discussions.

If he wasn't, then obviously he still wasn't aggrieved enough to take the moral high ground like JDT did and negotiate his own departure.

Speaks volumes.

Broughton will hang on as long as he can.

There won't be a queue of clubs wishing to acquire his services.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would he leave? He is hardly going to walk into a similar job at a similar or bigger club, and why would he give up a job which benefits him and his family over a transfer issue.

Professional pride?

Just now, Danishfan said:

Professional pride?

Come on. Hes in a job of a better prestige and pay packet than he likely will ever get again. You would throw that away because you arent happy that other staff members were trying to organise transfers?

4 hours ago, RoverDom said:

It's a sad state to be in but I would prefer a manager who loses games but is shouting at the top of his voice about how shit the club is rather than a manager who gets wins and but blows peas up waggots arse. 

We haven't got either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Come on. Hes in a job of a better prestige and pay packet than he likely will ever get again. You would throw that away because you arent happy that other staff members were trying to organise transfers?

Well, he has experience from working in Scandinavia and could probably get a new job here.

I don´t know, but who would want to stay in a job, where you have been humiliated and disrespected? Money isn´t everything.

Edited by Danishfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

He’s hardly ripping up trees but IF it was Gally they were looking to offload on loan behind JDTs back, then coupled with the McGuire ‘balls up’, then surely the owners, Waggott and Sohail were intent - or at least comfortable - with the prospect of seeing this club get relegated this season.  

Relegation has been the sole aim this year. They have done as much as possible to make it happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Either permission for extra spending is too slow to come through, they don't agree to it or Waggott and shadow man don't even ask them not wanting to cause any turbulence it's fundamentally getting permission from India to do something that is the issue.

I think all 3 scenarios come in to play at various times.

Especially point 3 when there are enquiries about buying the club or requests to cut ST prices and fill the place up.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I think all 3 scenarios come in to play at various times.

Especially point 3 when there are enquiries about buying the club or requests to cut ST prices and fill the place up.

The owners have meddled in the club's affairs since day one, especially transfers.

I have never bought this badly advised argument it's just all too convenient and deflects blame onto people other than venkys.

They are the once constant.

8 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The owners have meddled in the club's affairs since day one, especially transfers.

I have never bought this badly advised argument it's just all too convenient and deflects blame onto people other than venkys.

They are the once constant.

The first mantra at Ewood is don't rock the boat just do as you're told even if you don't agree it's right.

Second one is keep it buttoned and don't let anything get back to India that might disrupt or end the gravy train comfort zone even it it is detrimental to progress.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The first mantra at Ewood is don't rock the boat just do as you're told even if you don't agree it's right.

Second one is keep it buttoned and don't let anything get back to India that might disrupt or end the gravy train comfort zone even it it is detrimental to progress.

All of the above.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

But no one left on loan so why would jdt be annoyed?

You wouldn’t be annoyed about your boss’s boss specifically working to undermine you and line their pockets while doing so?

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was told last night that on the last day of the window Pasha and Waggott arranged a loan deal for a player Tomasson rated behind his back. Tomasson got wind of this and asked the player who told him it was true but he was of the understanding that Tomasson had agreed to it. Tomasson went ballistic at those two and went to town on them, it was said to me that it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Being the cowards that are they were scared they would be called out in his press conference the day before the QPR game and stopped him doing it. This ties in with the 'ask Steve and Pasha' comment after the QPR game.

And Broughton knew nothing of this scurrilous deal.

I was told the name of the player but it would be unfair to name him.

Why would it be unfair to name the supposed player? 

And if it was a player tommason actually wanted then why would it be such a big issue for tommason? Surely GB is the only one that would really have thecriggt to be put out by it being done behind his back

9 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Think this confirms who stopped the incomings.

Quite telling isn’t it how we were promised an update on what happened in the transfer window, during the international break. No sign of that yet though. Either no one has the guts to do it, or they haven’t paid the author of fairy tales he fee yet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

But no one left on loan so why would jdt be annoyed?

I bet I could give you 20 reasons why JDT was annoyed and he was only with us for 18 months. As for me and hopefully you, about 100 reasons. 
Travis and Buckley left on loan for starters so there are two, immediately.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

My first thought was Gallagher for the un named player. Ties in with JDT liking him and him being on a big wage to get off the books.

Alternative shout maybe someone like Garrett, who JDT liked and while not on a big wage we were desperately thin in that area so could see JDT going off on one if he was going aswell as Trav and Wharton.

• Like 1