BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Two types of manager in the world. Those who are willing to play the Venky game and those who aren't. 

JDT and Lambert weren't. Realised they'd been conned, just like the rest of us, and knew for the sake of their sanity they needed to get out of it quickly.

The rest were just grateful to have a job here and put up with it.

Pretty much sums up every single manager we've had up to now.

Which category will Eustace be in? Time will tell I suppose.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Pretty much sums up every single manager we've had up to now.

Which category will Eustace be in? Time will tell I suppose.

More importantly, will he be successful ?

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Didn’t take long for people to start blaming JDT and to subsequently take the heat off Venky’s and Waggott.

BRB- just off to hang my head against a brick wall.

I'm already here, I'll save you a spot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

“I left Blackburn because it was a difficult situation,” he said. “Of course, they cut the budget. I signed up for a project which changed, that was the reason.”

What a shocker that’s a first in football. Unheard of in the championship. 🤔

We will see how this cozy little number goes. 

There is an expression Winners never quit and quitters never win. 

He's a Dane managing Sweden. When Sweden announced the appointment there were loads of comments saying they can't believe they've appointed a Dane etc. Pressure will be on him. Hardly Mowbray's five years at Rovers levels of cosiness, is it?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Didn’t take long for people to start blaming JDT and to subsequently take the heat off Venky’s and Waggott.

BRB- just off to hang my head against a brick wall.

Absolute nonsense (to quote another poster🙄

It is possible to think they're all a load of egocentric wanks for various individual reasons but everybody with at leastvhalf a brain knows that the Raos are ultimately to blame for the overall shit show circus the last dozen years have been. 

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Jdt not taking any responsibility for the teams shite form and predictable kamikaze "style of play" 

Won't be long until hes taking all the credit for the likes of youngsters like A wharton. 

The guys now coming across as the the most manipulative manager we've had since kean, only difference is jdt is smarter and more of a likable personality and gave us some good times before it went to 💩 

Good little work out for the updated👍 👎. You're welcome👍

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Others may disagree but for me JDT had the makings of a fantastic manager. If they had only backed him in January 2023, I think we may well have gone up.

This season, he had his legs taken from beneath him and was left to front a club in crisis. Despite this, until injuries and the paper thin squad was exposed we were riding high in the table and playing the best football for many years. The fact that he eventually got worn down by Swag and the off field incompetence, I certainly won’t be holding against him.

He was a breath of fresh air and tried to breathe new passion, aspiration and ambition into a near dead club and a long suffering and dwindling fan base. Eventually, he may have failed but I think he gave it everything he had. For a short while it felt like we might be getting our Rovers back but as we all know, it is very difficult to beat the system / authority no matter how hard you try.

I would give that post ten likes if I could.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Others may disagree but for me JDT had the makings of a fantastic manager. If they had only backed him in January 2023, I think we may well have gone up.

This season, he had his legs taken from beneath him and was left to front a club in crisis. Despite this, until injuries and the paper thin squad was exposed we were riding high in the table and playing the best football for many years. The fact that he eventually got worn down by Swag and the off field incompetence, I certainly won’t be holding against him.

He was a breath of fresh air and tried to breathe new passion, aspiration and ambition into a near dead club and a long suffering and dwindling fan base. Eventually, he may have failed but I think he gave it everything he had. For a short while it felt like we might be getting our Rovers back but as we all know, it is very difficult to beat the system / authority no matter how hard you try.

Brilliant post. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Fantastic post. 

• Like 1

Each game that passes is proving how good a manager this guy was... to have us where we were with what he was working with was a minor miracle...

And please save the 'he's history' replies... I am not over it and won't be for a long time, best thing that happened to our club in years.. not seen football played like it was for over 20yrs.. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Aye 4 points out of 30... 

Cracking

Yes was going through a very very bad patch, similar to other managers.. he needed some help, the club hung him out to dry and we will always be wondering what could have been...

Think he will do well with Sweden and better quality players

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Yes was going through a very very bad patch, similar to other managers.. he needed some help, the club hung him out to dry and we will always be wondering what could have been...

Think he will do well with Sweden and better quality players

He did need help yes... but he spat the dummy out. Hinted at stuff but in the end another taking the Judas shhhhh money. 

Makes my piss boil

JDT was fairly over-rated as a manager here imo. There's no doubt he had us playing an attractive brand of football at times but like Mowbray before him in his first season he managed to miss out on a play off place when it seemed impossible to do so.

In his second season the players appeared to have completely given up on whatever it was he was asking them to do and we were hurtling towards relegation long before his departure. Its no good playing pretty football if you're conceding 2-3 goals and losing every week.

All that said he was clearly very ambitious for the Club and was a man of integrity, unlike the rest of senior management. No Coach or Manager should be expected to work under conditions whereby  the Club's primary transfer target gets sabotaged either deliberately or by incompetence every year. It's a shame he didn't take up another Club job so we could have seen once and for all what we did or didn't miss out on.

The Sweden gig is pretty much a free hit for him. As long as he gets them playing some nice stuff then I don't suppose too much pressure will be put on him in terms of results. A bit like the working conditions here which seemingly he didn't like.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You seemed to rate him pretty highly when he was here (which was noticeable as you don’t rate many folk 😅)

I liked the fact he wanted the Club to be ambitious and given the fact that footballing operations essentially boiled down to Waggott Broughton and him saw him as the Club's only real hope in the long term.

Ultimately though, results didn't match the hyperbole as likeable as he is/was.

As far as Eustace is concerned I don't really get the apparent hate towards him. His job is to keep us up. If he achieves that he will have succeeded no matter how ugly it gets. After that however, even if we stay up this season, I  don't see how playing in the current manner is sustainable in the long run.