BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

You wouldn’t be annoyed about your boss’s boss specifically working to undermine you and line their pockets while doing so?

Haha of course. I understand all of that I was just unclear about the specifics of that transaction. The club sold Adam loaned out trav and bucko and a bunch of other fuck ups so why was this specific loan such a big deal 

6 hours ago, lraC said:

I bet I could give you 20 reasons why JDT was annoyed and he was only with us for 18 months. As for me and hopefully you, about 100 reasons. 
Travis and Buckley left on loan for starters so there are two, immediately.

Yep for sure, I just meant about the tsf arbitro was referring too. It's not new them lot doing stuff like this behind JDTs back 

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was done behind his back.

12 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I know it's only a friendly but JDT not having a good night in Portugal. 20 minutes to play and 5-1 down. 

JDT's style at International level will either turn out to be a roaring success or complete disaster there'll be no middle ground.

He'll achieve things or be sacked pretty quick.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tomphil said:

JDT's style at International level will either turn out to be a roaring success or complete disaster there'll be no middle ground.

He would need a top squad and a top budget to bring success with the way he plays. Unless he learns the defensive side of the game he wont go very far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

He would need a top squad and a top budget to bring success with the way he plays. Unless he learns the defensive side of the game he wont go very far.

Well hes got some higher standard players now and i think they'll paste a lot of lesser and maybe even similar other teams but i'd expect quite a few mullerings against the strong countries.

Be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Maybe he'l blame the Swedish bus !

Edited by tomphil

• Backroom
2 hours ago, tomphil said:

When you play the Game of Thrones…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I wonder how he is seen by the Swedish public. I think he is their first foreign manager and being a Dane might not sit well, but then again he did manage Malmo.

Some of the Swedes are very upset/frustrated, because he has chosen to speak in English with the media, instead of speaking Danish/Scandinavian. Some Swedes find him charming and intelligent. In football, Denmark and Sweden have a history of rivalry. Some Swedes call us Danes and JDT for "Danish Devils". A lot of Swedes (according til social media) are positive, but some are negative, because he is Danish. Some Swedes have not forgiven him for the way he celebrated his two goals against Sweden 20 years ago. He also get critised for not singing the Swedish nationalsong last night. He has said, he is working on learning learning it, he has it on his phone and is practicing it 🙂

JDT seems to have seriously pissed of a Swedish reporter during his time in Malmø - this reporter is writing a lot of shit about him, calling him and all Dutch and Danish people arrogant and seems to delight in yesterdays loss.

But a lot of the Swedes seem to be positive 🙂

Personally, I will be having a hard time on June 5th DEN-SWE friendly, but of course I will be chearing for my country, but wont be too upset if Sweden wins 🙂 Win/win 🙂

Edited by Danishfan
Addition
  • Like 4

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video/20796297/se-landslagets-presskonferens-i-efterhand/

At the end of this prematch interview before tonights match Sweden-Albania ( go to ca.16.30 min - the interview is in English), Jon is asked, why he didn´t pick Leo Wahlstedt for Swedens internationals.

I think, his answer was very diplomatic 😂😆😁

Edited by Danishfan

22 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video/20796297/se-landslagets-presskonferens-i-efterhand/

At the end of this prematch interview before tonights match Sweden-Albania ( go to ca.16.30 min - the interview is in English), Jon is asked, why he didn´t pick Leo Wahlstedt for Swedens internationals.

I think, his answer was very diplomatic 😂😆😁

Cant listen - think need a VPN.

Humor me.....what did he say?

37 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Cant listen - think need a VPN.

Humor me.....what did he say?

In short: "Leo is a young player, who needs to develop. He is on the list as somebody, who could be picked in the future. But you have to look at the whole squad, and Leo was not in goal for Rovers this week."

But the look of JDTs mimic and bodylanguage, when he was asked this question, was quite funny - he obviously didn´t like the question 😂

Edited by Danishfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, neophox said:

JDT was the right manager at the wrong club. We now got an steady Eddie trying his best to get draws playing boring football. Had we got decent owners we would had been in the premier league. Malaise of a club.

If we had decent owners we'd have never been out of the premier league.

• Like 1

I can't see this posted anywhere but not a big fan of this interview with Wharton here. He fails to address the reason he wasn't played much towards the end of last season is as he was looking a bit shit every time he played, coupled with his incredibly costly slip at Deepdale. A lot of finger pointing at JDT but it appears not much at himself.

The players don't seem to acknowledge that for a large part of last season JDT has us competing at a level above what many of us thought we were capable of. It's becoming clear that player attitude is as much to blame as JDT for our fall from grace. Of course, in that situation if the manager has lost the players then he has to go. However dont come on bleating about it when it's you that cost us at the end of last season and have been a large part of our shit run this season.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

On 22/03/2024 at 10:26, roverblue said:

We didn't have a top squad or a top budget last year - any semblance of investment in January and he takes a very, very average Championship squad up. 

27 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I can't see this posted anywhere but not a big fan of this interview with Wharton here. He fails to address the reason he wasn't played much towards the end of last season is as he was looking a bit shit every time he played, coupled with his incredibly costly slip at Deepdale. A lot of finger pointing at JDT but it appears not much at himself.

The players don't seem to acknowledge that for a large part of last season JDT has us competing at a level above what many of us thought we were capable of. It's becoming clear that player attitude is as much to blame as JDT for our fall from grace. Of course, in that situation if the manager has lost the players then he has to go. However dont come on bleating about it when it's you that cost us at the end of last season and have been a large part of our shit run this season.

Basically he challenged them to think for themselves and be better and a lot of them didn't like it - they're much comfortable with a basic Brummy being pally with them and telling them exactly what to do. 

S. Wharton was basically unplayable last season. 

• Like 2

I like Wharton he's one of us and it's good to see him back playing well again but in all honesty he struggled with JDTs style more than others.  He wasn't alone in that but he also fell away a bit the season before under a different style with TM.

He was out because he was making basic defensive errors, not alone again, and that was mainly down to him. Poor though that it seems there was no arm around the shoulder and the dropping him for the Burnley game was another of JDTs many cock ups.  Not sure what he was trying to prove there but i'd wager that was the start of an uneasy relationship between Scott and the head coach.

What i did like in that interview is how gutted he obviously was and still is he was dropped from that game, lad was nearly choking up.

Barnes isn't putting him in the back of the net that day like he did Hyam !

• Like 2

Poor from Wharton to come out publicly criticizing JDT. Let's not re-write history Scott....you were crap for a season and haven't pulled up trees this year.

JDT set high standards and took no prisoners, likely having played at the highest level with world class players. How many of our squad will get anywhere close to his achievements in the game?

JDT was never going to work at Rovers under this setup and owners. His standards were too high and we were never going to have the players with the ability or character to play how he wanted. He had thrown in the towel from Jan onwards.

I think the players will like Eustace and come out saying he is great as they have an easier ride - doing what they've done before and with a coach who settles for less.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

If that is Wharton's attitude then perhaps he should look at himself, rather than blaming someone who achieved far more in his career than Wharton would if he played for 50 years. Let's not forget last season that manager took us to our highest league position since 2012. Also Wharton hardly banged the door down to get a start last season he was more a hindrance than a help whenever he did play.

It's clear that JDT was a shock to the players this wasn't a bloke who spent most of his career in the 2nd division with Middlesbrough. This is a man who has played at the highest level of international and club football, who played for one of the greatest managers of all time at one of the world's biggest clubs. He had very high standards and it seems like that was too much for a number of our feeble minded squad.

Also it's all very well blaming the manager for the squad's short comings but they still haven't won a match under the new manager. Some them would be better of looking in the mirror if they want someone to blame. I've seen some poor teams during my time following Rovers but this is one of the softest, most entitled and most unlikeable that I have seen.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4