BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers you have always been consistent in praising Frank Lampard and his ability as a manager. Would you employ him if you was in power at either Leeds or Southampton?

strange question to be asked on Rovers fans forum. 

Honest answer I don't know if I would given the current circumstances at either club and whether he would suit the squad and the strengths of the squad suits him. 

Looks like Leeds are going to appoint former Ajax head coach Alfred Schreuder who I don't know anything about. 

I have no idea who Southampton will appoint but I would appoint Jesse Marsch or Kjetil Knutsen. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

strange question to be asked on Rovers fans forum. 

Honest answer I don't know if I would given the current circumstances at either club and whether he would suit the squad and the strengths of the squad suits him. 

Looks like Leeds are going to appoint former Ajax head coach Alfred Schreuder who I don't know anything about. 

I have no idea who Southampton will appoint but I would appoint Jesse Marsch or Kjetil Knutsen. 

Why is it, in a Premier League thread?

He was a manager from a Premier League so presuming you felt it was a harsh dismissal it seemed a reasonable question to wonder whether another club would consider appointing him in your opinion if you rate him.

Circumstances/suiting squad seem like half arsed excuses, what even is his style as having seen Everton numerous times under his management, I didn't see one.

Southampton appointing Marsch would be hilarious, may aswell start planning away travel to Championship sides. I went to see Ajax this season and kept half an eye on them, their fans hated Schreuder, not sure he is the answer.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Circumstances/suiting squad seem like half arsed excuses, what even is his style as having seen Everton numerous times under his management, I didn't see one.

When you appointing a manager/head coach who look for someone who suits the squad and what the strengths of the team is. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Southampton appointing Marsch would be hilarious, may aswell start planning away travel to Championship sides.

lets see if Southampton have someone lined up first to take over. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I went to see Ajax this season and kept half an eye on them, their fans hated Schreuder, not sure he is the answer.

No idea on Schreuder but lets see if they can get this one over the line. Rumours he was there today watching Leeds 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It was merely a question I thought was a very valid one considering how chaddy rated Lampard at Everton, whether he thought fellow relegation battlers looking for a manager would consider him.

It was reasonable question to ask on a Footballing messageboard and we are talking football. If people don't want read then don't read it but there is no squabble going on just a debate/chat on football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

When you appointing a manager/head coach who look for someone who suits the squad and what the strengths of the team is. 

lets see if Southampton have someone lined up first to take over. 

No idea on Schreuder but lets see if they can get this one over the line. Rumours he was there today watching Leeds 

What is Lampard's style?

I am not convinced that Schreuder would be a wise appointment. For example Dusan Tadic is a left winger who was often played ineffectively on the right at Ajax, and an aging Klaasen was often played over Kudus who is a really talented attacking player who impressed for Ghana at the World Cup. He didnt last very long at Ajax with them off the pace.

The VAR team had a bad weekend; ESPN - VAR mistakes

The only one I saw live was West-Ham v. Chelsea. How Soucek wasn't called for handball is beyond me.

We've had lots of discussion on here on how to improve the VAR system. I'd have more than one person in the room, and rather than a central clearing house why don't they have a VAR official at each game?

• Backroom

Will never understand why they didn't stick to the original initiative of using it for clear and obvious errors. They're making things unnecessarily complicated by checking to see if the hair on a player's kneecap has strayed offside. 

If there's human error with VAR as well then you might as well scrap it. That's literally what it's supposed to be eliminating. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, DE. said:

Will never understand why they didn't stick to the original initiative of using it for clear and obvious errors. They're making things unnecessarily complicated by checking to see if the hair on a player's kneecap has strayed offside. 

If there's human error with VAR as well then you might as well scrap it. That's literally what it's supposed to be eliminating. 

They have gone so far away from "clear and obvious". I've said this before but if it takes minutes to adjudicate it's neither clear or obvious.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Absolutely spot on. If it's simply  an official in the VAR room making a mistake instead of the ref, who doesn't get the chance to watch an incident over and over, the whole exercise becomes completely pointless.

For me VAR is an absolute disaster and needs to be scrapped BUT if it's to remain then I think they need to change the offside rule to require clear daylight. I can't believe anyone thinks it's a good idea to have a brilliant goal chalked off because someone has a nasal hair offside. That's as far from "clear and obvious" as it gets.

Conversely the lengths VAR go to to NOT overturn a bad non offside related decision from the referee, because it supposedly wasn't a clear and obvious error, is astonishing. Offside and non offside decisions are adjudicated to a completely different standard.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely spot on. If it's simply  an official in the VAR room making a mistake instead of the ref, who doesn't get the chance to watch an incident over and over, the whole exercise becomes completely pointless.

For me VAR is an absolute disaster and needs to be scrapped BUT if it's to remain then I think they need to change the offside rule to require clear daylight. I can't believe anyone thinks it's a good idea to have a brilliant goal chalked off because someone has a nasal hair offside. That's as far from "clear and obvious" as it gets.

Conversely the lengths VAR go to to NOT overturn a bad non offside related decision from the referee, because it supposedly wasn't a clear and obvious error, is astonishing. Offside and non offside decisions are adjudicated to a completely different standard.

Agreed. The parameters for what is offside clearly need to change. Having it as any part of the body which the player can score a goal with is ridiculous. A player can be clearly onside but if the stride of the attacker and defender are opposites then the attacker can be adjudged offside when in reality if the shot was 0.1 seconds earlier or later they'd be onside. Same with players angling their bodies when pushing off for a sprint.

Daylight would be a good option. Or make the line about 3x fatter to give a fairer degree of flex. Another option would be for players to wear some kind of tracker around their hips. This being their central point where power comes from which is more representative of where the player is positioned, instead of a toe being marginally offside. I'm sure this could be automated too, stopping all this faff of drawing lines on the pitch. That should only exist for fan communication to stop us all being in the dark around decisions. 

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The VAR team had a bad weekend; ESPN - VAR mistakes

The only one I saw live was West-Ham v. Chelsea. How Soucek wasn't called for handball is beyond me.

We've had lots of discussion on here on how to improve the VAR system. I'd have more than one person in the room, and rather than a central clearing house why don't they have a VAR official at each game?

I tell you how to improve VAR system be scraping it. Causes no end of problems with the game and massive time delay to the game. 

How VAR didn't given handball for Soucek great save I don't know

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I tell you how to improve VAR system be scraping it. Causes no end of problems with the game and massive time delay to the game. 

How VAR didn't given handball for Soucek great save I don't know

it should only be used for contentious and goal line incidents,let the officials run the game

• Like 1

The failure to award the Soucek one was a major mistake by the person/people running VAR and the referee, but did it "cause no end of problems" when the decision wouldn't have been given anyway?

VAR isn't perfect and I am still not convinced but it is factual that more correct decisions are made with it rather than without it.

30 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it should only be used for contentious and goal line incidents,let the officials run the game

Goal line technology only

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The failure to award the Soucek one was a major mistake by the person/people running VAR and the referee, but did it "cause no end of problems" when the decision wouldn't have been given anyway?

VAR is still based on people opinion in those incidents. 

VAR is causing problems every week cos it still based on people opinions and is taking far too long to make a decision and still no communication to fans inside the stadium 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

VAR isn't perfect and I am still not convinced but it is factual that more correct decisions are made with it rather than without it.

I would scrap it and go back to the old system which was better for me. 

Jesse Marsch will become Southampton next head coach and just imagine if he relegates his former team Leeds now. 

Leeds have been turned down by 6 different people now for the head coach job and the current 2 front runners are Nuno Espirito Santo from Saudi Arabian side Al-Ittihad and Steven Gerrard. It been reported that it would cost Leeds 8 mil to get Nuno from Al-Ittihad 

Such a strange appointment, Marsch nearly relegated Leeds last season (went from 16th to 17th) and has been doing poorly again this season, he has signed a lot of his own players for decent money (many from previous clubs) and it makes no sense for Southampton to appoint him. Nor Gerrard for that matter who isn't a good manager.

• Like 1

Marsch saved Leeds from relegation after they were going down when Bielsa was sacked by them 

Yes Leeds did buy alot of players that suited Marsch but then sacked him and can't replace him. Clearly didn't have a plan who they would replace him with and alot of coaches don't fancy moving right now. 

Southampton have moved quickly to replace Jones. 

Like I said any club should have a plan and shortlist who they would replace their current head coach/manager before sacking him.