BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rugby Union

Yes super stuff by Ireland den.

Hammered in 1st test, they rode their luck last weekend when Ta'avao was sent off in 1st half, but today was exceptional by Ireland, historic.

Hoping England can do the same shortly against Aussies, flicking between Lancs v Yorkshire game too. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Yes super stuff by Ireland den.

Hammered in 1st test, they rode their luck last weekend when Ta'avao was sent off in 1st half, but today was exceptional by Ireland, historic.

Hoping England can do the same shortly against Aussies, flicking between Lancs v Yorkshire game too. 

Watching cricket, recording Ruggers 

• 1 year later...
  • Backroom
24 minutes ago, Gav said:

England in Rugby World Cup semi final and not a mention.

If the singing of the national anthem is anything to go by we’ve won hands down.

Cant see us beating SA tonight, but:

COME ON ENGLAND 

Probably because it’s the football messageboard. Might be in ICBINF?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

England in Rugby World Cup semi final and not a mention.

If the singing of the national anthem is anything to go by we’ve won hands down.

Cant see us beating SA tonight, but:

COME ON ENGLAND 

You mean that embarrassing royalist GB dirge. You can keep it. 'Pathetic anthem' goes well with a boring, passion less toff sport.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

You mean that embarrassing royalist GB dirge. You can keep it. 'Pathetic anthem' goes well with a boring, passion less toff sport.

Go and sleep it off would be my advice 👍

Kicks are winning the game right now from St Helens born ‘Toff’ Owen Farrell and I bet the manager is well chuffed, ‘Cumbrian born and bred Toff’ Steve Borthwick.

Edited by Gav

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Go and sleep it off would be my advice 👍

Kicks are winning the game right now from St Helens born ‘Toff’ Owen Farrell and I bet the manager is well chuffed, ‘Cumbrian born and bred Toff’ Steve Borthwick.

I've no idea what you're on about, it's 9.30am where I am. 

Anyways, this is a thread about England football not royalist egg chasing slathering soo..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I love winding up people here about the egg chasing. 

"Did you see the rugby last night?"

"Nah mate, I only like games that require skill to play."

Watch them spit feathers for 15 minutes. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I love winding up people here about the egg chasing. 

"Did you see the rugby last night?"

"Nah mate, I only like games that require skill to play."

Watch them spit feathers for 15 minutes. 

When you’ve had one sheep you’ve had then all.......

Edited by Gav

Dull as dishwater game. Any neutral or football fan tuning in hoping to see some entertainment would have turned off after 30 minutes. Kick, kick and kick again. Was there a line break in the whole game ? Did any of the backs get a real running chance. 1 try from a yard out in 80 minutes. The scrums are a joke. When I first started watching rugby the scrums were a means to get the forwards out of the way to give the backs a run at their opponents with the ball in hand. Now scrums are just a means of getting penalties. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dull as dishwater game. Any neutral or football fan tuning in hoping to see some entertainment would have turned off after 30 minutes. Kick, kick and kick again. Was there a line break in the whole game ? Did any of the backs get a real running chance. 1 try from a yard out in 80 minutes. The scrums are a joke. When I first started watching rugby the scrums were a means to get the forwards out of the way to give the backs a run at their opponents with the ball in hand. Now scrums are just a means of getting penalties. 

Awful conditions, torrential rain for the full 80 minutes, it was never going to be a spectacle. 

On the other hand the France v SA quarter final was the best rugby match I've possibly ever seem from any code, it was simply fantastic from start to finish, SA winning 29-28 with the last kick of the game, tremendous. 

I thought England's performance last night was excellent and very unlucky to lose. England were written off before the world cup but instead Borthwick and the players have proved them wrong. I hope we win on Friday night and finish 3rd in this world cup. Plenty to work on after the world cup. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’ll be damned if I know what the forward pass rule is anymore.

The linesman's tight there.

Can understand it on breaks when they're not up with play.

It's the VAR virus. They bottle it and figure a replay will rule out any try.

But very few breaks are trys. So we just end up with it being flung forward regularly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silas said:

The linesman's tight there.

Can understand it on breaks when they're not up with play.

It's the VAR virus. They bottle it and figure a replay will rule out any try.

But very few breaks are trys. So we just end up with it being flung forward regularly. 

The ref’s right there too…

One of the put ins at the scrum (2nd half) avoided the front row entirely - that wasn’t  given either.

• Like 1