BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Only minor update,

I have sent my emails and responses to the owners, who have acknowledged reciept,

Be interesting what their take is, but i suspect they will ask the questions which is the norm when reached out to

Good work Glen. I made my own plea to SWag a couple of months but didn't get even an acknowledgment or otherwise...

Really hope someone listens for a change!

Not counting the teams set to go up or down either end and those coming in or arguing London boroughs or wider areas just going town by town etc Blackburn is set to be the 3rd smallest town in the Championship next season.

On top of that it sits in one of the most condensed hemmed in football areas in England and has the unfortunate weight of being one of the most deprived low income economies.

We have one of the largest grounds with the most unused capacity yet it seems we will be the 5th most expensive season ticket club in the division.

It really is beyond silly now how these gravy train riders and absent owners run this side of the club, well actually they don't run it they just leave it to chance obviously.

Price to your market John Williams said that after he learned the hard way. Bolton and PNE have realised this in recent years as well. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Just imagine seeing sales trickle away to nothing and the solution is to *hike* prices for a second time 🤦‍♂️

I think it was Mike Tyson that said something like "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".

Last summer was chaos all around. I suspect the club will be happy with another 2,000 on top of the existing 7,000, and that'll do for the bottom line. We certainly won't get there over the next two or three months unless a very good transfer window comes to our rescue.

Depressing to say "get there" - to 9,000 season ticket holders. A shame the empty seats at Ewood are the fall guys for a very static financial target.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2023 at 20:29, tomphil said:

Not counting the teams set to go up or down either end and those coming in or arguing London boroughs or wider areas just going town by town etc Blackburn is set to be the 3rd smallest town in the Championship next season.

On top of that it sits in one of the most condensed hemmed in football areas in England and has the unfortunate weight of being one of the most deprived low income economies.

We have one of the largest grounds with the most unused capacity yet it seems we will be the 5th most expensive season ticket club in the division.

It really is beyond silly now how these gravy train riders and absent owners run this side of the club, well actually they don't run it they just leave it to chance obviously.

Price to your market John Williams said that after he learned the hard way. Bolton and PNE have realised this in recent years as well. 

Bradford nearing 15,000, two tiers below. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Bradford nearing 15,000, two tiers below. 

They brought in bold pricing years ago and have retained big crowds,  i think they started at £150 once. 

Despite being way bigger than Blackburn there are many similarities with the town and that City.  They get some support from the Asian community as well and their execs there obviously recognise and understand their core market.

Makes me laugh Rovers doing all this work in Blackburns community then thinking lots will just turn up paying hundreds for STs on the back of a school day out at Ewood.

It's never going to happen you have to price to your own market not a generic one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Just seen a post from the club that only mentions that Friday is claim your seat deadline, no mention of a second price hike … praise the fecking lord.

I think that is because we are not in the play-off final.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Just seen a post from the club that only mentions that Friday is claim your seat deadline, no mention of a second price hike … praise the fecking lord.

The third phase is probably just the releasing of all non-renewed seats to anybody rather than a second price increase. Where did that come from, anyway? Or was it just an assumption?