BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

Laughable commercial operation down there. 
In answer to the newly created thread around one thing you’d change it would be getting rid of clowns like Waggott and the school kid in charge of marketing and getting some people who are competent and live and breath the club in running the show. 
Wouldn’t be hard to find for £300k a year 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

I have a feeling the system is such that they have to take the seat map offline in order to manually change things (make unavailable seats from non-renewers available for purchase). They've been at it for 33 hours. Is it really the case that so many haven't renewed, yet? Or are they actually having a change of strategy?

My heart sinks when I read that our club is delighted with 7,000 ticket sales during the Super Saver period when the likes of Ipswich Town have sold 21,000. The outward appearance of operations at the club is amateurish. That's usually a tone set from the top.

• Like 9

you ar`nt going to attract many new fans with the pricing policy,simples,no one in the commercial dept has a clue about the local area or the fanbase,feckin amateurs all of them

not surprised ipswich have sold over 20000 season tickets,it`s in the middle of nowhere and they don`t compete with other teams or other sports,one sniff of success and they all start flocking

49 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not surprised ipswich have sold over 20000 season tickets,it`s in the middle of nowhere and they don`t compete with other teams or other sports,one sniff of success and they all start flocking

Suffolk has a population of 760,000 and one league team.

Lancashire has a population of 1.495m, so slightly under twice as many and 7 league teams.

• Like 4

We all know about our demographics and geography, however we could always still compete with a lot of sides when it came to crowds regardless - but now we could well be 23rd in the average attendance list of the second division (only probably Rotherham lower) next season. 

We are now a top half third division club gate-wise, despite spending pretty much two full seasons in the top 6 of the Championship, nothing more then needs to be said about the rank incompetence of the commercial operation of this football club, nothing more needs to be said of how utterly out of touch they are.

Yet, nothing, ever changes.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Completely unrelated to us but I was reading something odd earlier about Bournemouth fans having to paying extra 14 quid on top of renewal prices to get 2 tickets to watch their women's team? As for as I could tell it was compulsory unless I've misunderstood, their own fans seemed a bit unsure too.

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Completely unrelated to us but I was reading something odd earlier about Bournemouth fans having to paying extra 14 quid on top of renewal prices to get 2 tickets to watch their women's team? As for as I could tell it was compulsory unless I've misunderstood, their own fans seemed a bit unsure too.

It is probably something to do with the small capacity at Bournemouth. Supply and demand.

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

My 5 has just become a 2 week trip to Egypt in August, f*** em.

Brothers 2 is now a 1 week break in Greece,

My mate, not bothering either.

Did you get a reply to the e-mail you sent in the other week?

I remember reading a few years ago that 25% of Ipswich ST holders at the time came from Colchester.

Also they didn't have 21k season ticket holders when they were a middling/struggling championship side.

Sadly we will remain one of the smaller home supports in the division again from one of the smallest towns with higher end ST prices and biggest stadiums.

Clueless.

• Like 2

If does, but considering claim your seat was flagged as last Friday it’s dragging on longer than last year.

Just the lack of comms that annoys me. Why can’t they just put a post out: ‘we are at the end of the claim your seat period and are processing seat transfers. They will be back on sale on x day.’

A load of folk have been paid since Friday and may be interested (theoretically, not at these prices), so keep them in the loop…

We still don't know how much they'll be either as prices were based on last year's rates until the claim your own seat deadline.

You'd like to think common sense would prevail and prices remain as they are. A further increase would certainly count me out on principle.

14 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

We still don't know how much they'll be either as prices were based on last year's rates until the claim your own seat deadline.

You'd like to think common sense would prevail and prices remain as they are. A further increase would certainly count me out on principle.

you and a lot of other prospective buyers

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, goozburger said:

You'd think the club aren't aware that my spreadsheet is waiting to bear the good news. 😩

Perhaps the club don't want the real figures announced, before the ones given at the fans forum ?

4 minutes ago, Doogs said:

We just need the sauce for the burger to crack on.

Maybe they've got some beef with me.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Perhaps the club don't want the real figures announced, before the ones given at the fans forum ?

Maybe they'll release them on Fryday.

• Like 1