BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I'm making a general point....our record shows JDT generally gets these things wrong 

Our record shows we saw out the first 16 times we went 1-0 up.

A minor point, but when did the "barmy army" chant get replaced by "blue and white army" instead, amongst the Rovers fans?

I first noticed it during the Sheff United cup game and have been hearing it since, including against Luton. Is it a recent thing?

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Always been two separate chants, no?

‘Manager x’s blue n white army’

and

‘Uncle Jack’s Barmy Army’…

You're right, those two chants are separate and are still around.

I'm referring to two other chants though.

For as long as I can remember, from early 90's till recently there was a chant where just the words "barmy army" were repeated.

"Barmy army, barmy army, barmy army".

It now seems to have been replaced by:

"Blue and white army, blue and white army, blue and white army".

Small thing, but I was just wondering when the latter had started up.

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The end of that inane barmy army couldn't come soon enough.

Blooo Army etc is so much better.

Fair enough. It probably is nostalgia, but I quite miss it myself.

I can remember the ground rocking on many an occasion to "barmy army" alone, especially when we were putting the big guns to the sword.

Oh well, in with the new then. The main thing is to get an atmosphere going and for us to get out of this Division.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Fair enough. It probably is nostalgia, but I quite miss it myself.

I can remember the ground rocking on many an occasion to "barmy army" alone, especially when we were putting the big guns to the sword.

Oh well, in with the new then. The main thing is to get an atmosphere going and for us to get out of this Division.

It was good when it was in fashion but it became outdated a while back, it fit better when we were a decent Prem side with good crowds.

Some far better chants than that have bitten the dust in the modern era.  I still think though that when the BBE gets rocking it's one of the best 'ends' as in behind the goals in this league.

Just very few and far between these days but the players clearly respond to it.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2023 at 17:09, Upside Down said:

Along with maggot and co sabotaging the transfer of players in January, it's these games that have ensured another season of failure.

If we'd have played these games with some effort and passion we'd have easily picked up at least five or six points.

Sabotage crossed my mind but I felt in the end they are probably too thick to conjure up a plan like that 

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Sabotage crossed my mind but I felt in the end they are probably too thick to conjure up a plan like that 

Whether deliberate or not it was still sabotaged. 

Suspiciously, they always seem to take the course of action that sees us locked into this division.