BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

3 hours ago, Bethnal said:

On paper, the Leicester lineup is absolute madness and they’ve tried to play in a progressive way but I think they’re very fortunate to be up here against Coventry.

Ellis Simms is an £8m paperweight, cannot see him scoring and have no idea how Everton have got that kind of fee for him. I simply don’t know what any scout has ever seen in his play.

I think Leicester away is late in the season, but I would absolutely fancy ourselves against them.

There were some on here that fancied Simms....I'd have been devastated if we'd got him for free never mind 8 million.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 4

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s an enormous step up from League 1. Some big clubs at the top end of it these days, but there’s also a dozen plus sides down there that you can stroll past if you have a decent budget.

You look at Ipswich's side and there's a lot of players there who are unproven in this league, have been relegated from the Championship or transferred from the Championship to League 1 last season. Think the hype around Ipswich might be a bit much, if they finish mid-table they'll have done well with their current squad imo. They look incredibly nervous every time Sunderland come forward. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Dack and Evans shown on camera watching on. The dream team back together. Evans is injured, unsurprisingly.

There's an international break coming up - he'll be saving himself for that.

Sunderland look devoid of ideas without Diallo. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Silas said:

Championship Hirst vs League 1 Hirst.

Two totally different players it seems. 

Seems so, maybe nerves as it was a complete air kick, and he's had the fewest touches in the first 30 minutes or so. Granted Ipswich have spent most of it defending. had a few decent chances though, Sunderland looking dodgy in defence in the rare instances they've been threatened.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There's an international break coming up - he'll be saving himself for that.

Sunderland look devoid of ideas without Diallo. 

From what I've read Evans is out until the new year with a long-term injury, so won't be back for some time.

Lots of domination from Sunderland but little threat so far. Set pieces been poor, but no surprise there. With that said they should be 1-0 up, that Bellingham miss was a shocker.

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

You look at Ipswich's side and there's a lot of players there who are unproven in this league, have been relegated from the Championship or transferred from the Championship to League 1 last season. Think the hype around Ipswich might be a bit much, if they finish mid-table they'll have done well with their current squad imo. They look incredibly nervous every time Sunderland come forward. 

Evidently they've got money to burn, so we'll see what their squad looks like come September.

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Evidently they've got money to burn, so we'll see what their squad looks like come September.

Why do you think so? Nixon has been the only one saying this, but I haven't seen any evidence of it, and no Ipswich fans are anticipating big signings. They had a big budget for League 1, but then so did we.

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

That was a good decision by the referee, Clarke was looking to go down the second he got into the box.

He's been falling over repeatedly, think the ref got wise to it pretty quick. 

• Like 1

Some of the Attendances in the second tier this weekend:

Sunderland.       42,000

Leeds                 36,000

Leicester            31,000

Boro                    29,000

Bristol City         27,000

Norwich             26,000

Stoke                  22,000

As someone mentioned crowds now at a level not seen since the 1950's...What 'cost of living crisis'?

Just hope we can build on our gates as hopefully the season progresses in the right direction.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1