BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Burnley should be top Billing on MOTD.

There is often a footballer who I admire and wish Rovers had him. I'm not talking about superstars like Messi and Ronaldo but certain ones who come to play at Ewood.

Billing is one of them. Gyokeres of Coventry was another. Way back there was the Coventry player, Gary McCallister. It's a bit like seeing a very pretty girl and knowing you have no chance but you can still dream. (For me that was a LONG time ago🤭)

Having said that, Millwall once came to Ewood and beat us 2-0. A blonde-haired lad called Taylor ran the show for them. He fell into that category and we later signed him. He was pretty poor for us. So there you go.

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

There is often a footballer who I admire and wish Rovers had him. I'm not talking about superstars like Messi and Ronaldo but certain ones who come to play at Ewood.

Billing is one of them. Gyokeres of Coventry was another. Way back there was the Coventry player, Gary McCallister. It's a bit like seeing a very pretty girl and knowing you have no chance but you can still dream. (For me that was a LONG time ago🤭)

Having said that, Millwall once came to Ewood and beat us 2-0. A blonde-haired lad called Taylor ran the show for them. He fell into that category and we later signed him. He was pretty poor for us. So there you go.

Maybe the very pretty girl would have been poor too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bazza said:

Drink more beer and go for an ugly one. Get rid, in the morning.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sounds like Mason Mount has hit the ground running at Utd - not. Why did they buy him in the first place ?

Could have had Maddison for £20 Million less. Yet some know nowts (and Southgate until recently) would rather have had Mount). It’s a funny old game.

• Like 1

Mount has always been overrated. He is an average number 10 whose main attribute is his ability to run around. He clearly isnt nearly as useful as the petulant Fernandes and he lacks the intelligence to play deeper or the ability to play wider. A bizarre signing.

United surely need to be thinking of letting Ten Hag go. Theyve lost as many as they have won and what will more time achieve when they are so lacking in any clear strategy and tactical plan, when they do win its more down to individuals.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Could have had Maddison for £20 Million less. Yet some know nowts (and Southgate until recently) would rather have had Mount). It’s a funny old game.

You know what I think about Mount- the archetypal modern midfield player. He can run a bit, pass the ball a bit, tackle a bit, head it a bit, shoot a bit - but he’s not outstanding at any one thing. Not a “ Man Utd player “  playmaker in a million years but it’s because they’re signing players like Mount that they’re in the mess they are in now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Mount has always been overrated. He is an average number 10 whose main attribute is his ability to run around. He clearly isnt nearly as useful as the petulant Fernandes and he lacks the intelligence to play deeper or the ability to play wider. A bizarre signing.

United surely need to be thinking of letting Ten Hag go. Theyve lost as many as they have won and what will more time achieve when they are so lacking in any clear strategy and tactical plan, when they do win its more down to individuals.

If they do blow Ten Hag out who do they get ? The guy at Spurs is doing a good job there but going to Old Trafford is a big step up. I honestly think Utd have got themselves into the position were nobody can save them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If they do blow Ten Hag out who do they get ? The guy at Spurs is doing a good job there but going to Old Trafford is a big step up. I honestly think Utd have got themselves into the position were nobody can save them.

It is a good question regarding a club whose problems obviously lie beyond who is in the dug out. I am not sure exactly who decides on transfers, im guessing Ten Hag must have had a big influence hence deals for the likes of Martinez and the terrible signing of Antony, but there is no signs of anything coming together. The summer saw loads more money spent, maybe Onana is starting to settle but Mount was a waste of money and Hojlund might turn out well in time but he is not ready at the moment to be who they pin their hopes on.

United will always be able to attract big names but I couldnt tell you across Europe who would stand out as a good pick. An obvious name in this country would be De Zerbi but he would be better off staying where he is.

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

not sure Maddison would have gone United when Spurs was in for him. I have been very impressed by their manager Postecoglou so far. Has a clear way of playing 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You know what I think about Mount- the archetypal modern midfield player. He can run a bit, pass the ball a bit, tackle a bit, head it a bit, shoot a bit - but he’s not outstanding at any one thing. Not a “ Man Utd player “  in a million years but it’s because they’re signing players like Mount that they’re in the mess they are in now.

What is a "Man Utd Player" these days? The Ferguson's days have long gone. This ownership problem and what Jim Ratcliffe is going to do if he does buy 25% of the club. There is so many problems there like run down stadium, training factilities that need updating and improving, then appointing a sporting director. Ten Hag did a good job last season but I agree with what Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Micah Richards and Roy Keane were saying post match we don't know what Ten Hag playing style is still after 18 months there. Both Neville and Keane still backing Ten Hag 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not sure Maddison would have gone United when Spurs was in for him. I have been very impressed by their manager Postecoglou so far. Has a clear way of playing 

What is a "Man Utd Player" these days? The Ferguson's days have long gone. This ownership problem and what Jim Ratcliffe is going to do if he does buy 25% of the club. There is so many problems there like run down stadium, training factilities that need updating and improving, then appointing a sporting director. Ten Hag did a good job last season but I agree with what Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Micah Richards and Roy Keane were saying post match we don't know what Ten Hag playing style is still after 18 months there. Both Neville and Keane still backing Ten Hag 

Good question. We used to know what a “ Man Utd player “ was but not any more.

• Moderation Lead

@chaddyrovers It’s not that deep. Maddison is better than Mount at football and has been since they’ve both been around. Even a blind man on a galloping horse can see that. Compare their numbers season upon season and it’s embarrassing for those that want to defend Mount tbh.

• Like 1