BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

Premier League fixtures are out and some interesting opening games. 

6 games live on TV. 

Sky Sports are showing Dingles vs Man City Friday 11th August, Newcastle vs Villa 5.30pm Saturday 12th August, Brentford vs Spurs 2pm Sunday 13th, Chelsea vs Liverpool 4pm Sunday 13th and Man Utd vs Wolves 8pm Monday 14th. 

TNT Sports are showing Arsenal vs Forest on Saturday 12th August 12.30pm  

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don't you value my contributions as a Premier member?

I think it’s more not understanding when people say ‘they don’t give a shit’ but comment anyway. If I didn’t care about something, I wouldn’t comment about it….

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

More than half moved away from the normal 3 o clock kick off. Wont somebody think of the fans.

That's it opening day of the season. 

They will be plenty of games being moved for Europa League teams like Liverpool, Brighton, Villa and West Ham to Sunday games without the TV coverage. Maybe time to reduce European competitons then or number of teams playing in them then or is that OK? 

There are only three scheduled games for clubs in October and November but seven in December. There are International breaks in these months plus another in September with a Winter break scheduled for January when there are only two league matches (plus FA Cup) arranged.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There are only three scheduled games for clubs in October and November but seven in December. There are International breaks in these months plus another in September with a Winter break scheduled for January when there are only two league matches (plus FA Cup) arranged.

thanks a Dingle mate at work said they only had two games in Jan and no Boxing Day game he wasn't sure if they had a Winter break. so clubs will be moaning about fixture pile up's

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jodrell said:

thanks a Dingle mate at work said they only had two games in Jan and no Boxing Day game he wasn't sure if they had a Winter break. so clubs will be moaning about fixture pile up's

They’ve Liverpool at home on Boxing Day… must be a big fan to have not heard about that!

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's it opening day of the season. 

They will be plenty of games being moved for Europa League teams like Liverpool, Brighton, Villa and West Ham to Sunday games without the TV coverage. Maybe time to reduce European competitons then or number of teams playing in them then or is that OK? 

The Thursday night Europa League and Conference League participants obviously cant play on the Saturday so would make sense to have them as the Sunday games on those weeks or as much as possible. If say there are 3 Premier League games a weekend instead on TV. There is no need for a 1230 and 530 kick off AND a Championship game at half 12. Ditch the half 12 Prem game and have just one at half 5. That would be too convenient for fans though.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Thursday night Europa League and Conference League participants obviously cant play on the Saturday so would make sense to have them as the Sunday games on those weeks or as much as possible. If say there are 3 Premier League games a weekend instead on TV. There is no need for a 1230 and 530 kick off AND a Championship game at half 12. Ditch the half 12 Prem game and have just one at half 5. That would be too convenient for fans though.

or just get rid of one of UEFA competitions or reduce the number of teams playing in them. But no we can't do that can we. 

Dinner time PL kick offs have been happening for years and over 20 years now. Having 12.30 Saturday PL game is part of the footballing calendar and PL teams want the TV coverage and expose overseas aswell in places like the Far East aswell. 

You really hate TV being involve in Football even those that where most of the revenue comes from for PL teams and EFL teams going forward. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

or just get rid of one of UEFA competitions or reduce the number of teams playing in them. But no we can't do that can we. 

Dinner time PL kick offs have been happening for years and over 20 years now. Having 12.30 Saturday PL game is part of the footballing calendar and PL teams want the TV coverage and expose overseas aswell in places like the Far East aswell. 

You really hate TV being involve in Football even those that where most of the revenue comes from for PL teams and EFL teams going forward. 

I don't hate TV being involved. I hate it being involved to such a great extent and to the total disregard of match going fans.

Shouldnt be prioritising the bloody middle east before match going fans. But fine, have PL at half 12, Championship at half 5.

I would love to see us play in Europe again in my lifetime, ask a West Ham fan what they think of it. Makes lifetime memories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't hate TV being involved. I hate it being involved to such a great extent and to the total disregard of match going fans.

Shouldnt be prioritising the bloody middle east before match going fans. But fine, have PL at half 12, Championship at half 5.

There has been 4 to 5 PL games on TV for years after years. No reason to change that and given that PL and its clubs wants the coverage and money. 

The Championship will have different TV slots going forward which will be Friday night, Saturday dinner time and Sunday dinner time. 

Viewers/fans will have plenty of choices and as a consumer that what I want

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I would love to see us play in Europe again in my lifetime, ask a West Ham fan what they think of it. Makes lifetime memories.

The Europe comps are far too big and the Champions League format is a joke now. Its all biased to the big teams and where it should be just the League champions for each country. But UEFA won't want that tho would they

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There has been 4 to 5 PL games on TV for years after years. No reason to change that and given that PL and its clubs wants the coverage and money. 

The Championship will have different TV slots going forward which will be Friday night, Saturday dinner time and Sunday dinner time. 

Viewers/fans will have plenty of choices and as a consumer that what I want

The Europe comps are far too big and the Champions League format is a joke now. Its all biased to the big teams and where it should be just the League champions for each country. But UEFA won't want that tho would they

The reason the European competitions get bigger and why the Champions League is going to have an extra 64 games from 24/25 is because of TV money which ironically enough you are defending when it comes to the Premier League.

Edited by Ewood Ace