BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The reason the European competitions get bigger and why the Champions League is going to have an extra 64 games from 24/25 is because of TV money which ironically enough you are defending when it comes to the Premier League.

I would like the Champions league to be just for the league champions of each European nations. If not then rename and rebrand it cos its not the Champions league anymore in my eyes. 

I didn't know about the extra 64 games bit as I don't follow or watch the champs league or other UEFA comps will any great enjoyable or excitement. so what the format going to be now with the extra 64 games out of interest? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like the Champions league to be just for the league champions of each European nations. If not then rename and rebrand it cos its not the Champions league anymore in my eyes. 

It’s been like that now for 30 years, dinosaur! Don’t you know the clubs enjoy the money and coverage!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't know about the extra 64 games bit as I don't follow or watch the champs league or other UEFA comps will any great enjoyable or excitement. so what the format going to be now with the extra 64 games out of interest? 

This is about as good an explanation as I can find for the upcoming rather convoluted new format.

Champions League revamp - How the competition will work from 2024-25 - ESPN

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

There has been 4 to 5 PL games on TV for years after years. No reason to change that and given that PL and its clubs wants the coverage and money. 

The Championship will have different TV slots going forward which will be Friday night, Saturday dinner time and Sunday dinner time. 

Viewers/fans will have plenty of choices and as a consumer that what I want

The Europe comps are far too big and the Champions League format is a joke now. Its all biased to the big teams and where it should be just the League champions for each country. But UEFA won't want that tho would they

You're right about the European comps.

The rest is bollocks. The money that has come from tv coverage has been nothing but detrimental to the game for 20 years. 

• Like 1

Great news that Martin Tyler is leaving, should have happened years ago.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

There has been 4 to 5 PL games on TV for years after years. No reason to change that and given that PL and its clubs wants the coverage and money. 

The Championship will have different TV slots going forward which will be Friday night, Saturday dinner time and Sunday dinner time. 

Viewers/fans will have plenty of choices and as a consumer that what I want

The Europe comps are far too big and the Champions League format is a joke now. Its all biased to the big teams and where it should be just the League champions for each country. But UEFA won't want that tho would they

As ever, based on you. You don't have access to watch European games, ergo scrap it and continue with loads of games you can see.

If we got into the Premier League and your life/work suddenly meant that you missed half of our games due to so many changes in kick offs, you'd change your mind.

Or if we finished 5th-7th in the Premier League, I doubt you'd turn your nose up at the prospect of following Rovers in Europe/welcoming European sides to Ewood.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And yet attendances continue to rise.

plus the PL is global brand and Sky and other TV companies are part of this. 

Sorry to see Martin Tyler leave Sky and it will be interesting who replace him as the main Sky commentator for the coming season

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As ever, based on you. You don't have access to watch European games, ergo scrap it and continue with loads of games you can see.

Firstly don't like the format of champions league and the fact that it isn't just league champions of each country but teams who finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I would rather move it back to the format of the early 90's but it won't happen so I will give up on it

I can buy them but I wouldn't watch them so its pointless me buying BT Sport package. I only watch the 2 finals cos 2 English teams were there and it was free on Youtube. As it been 2 non English teams I wouldn't have watch it at all. 

If we got into the Premier League and your life/work suddenly meant that you missed half of our games due to so many changes in kick offs, you'd change your mind.

I don't miss Rovers home league games. Only Covid force me to miss them. That's it

Or if we finished 5th-7th in the Premier League, I doubt you'd turn your nose up at the prospect of following Rovers in Europe/welcoming European sides to Ewood.

I've seen Rovers play in Europe and it was enjoyable 

Just seen that Man City's 1894 club (or something like that) are urging City fans to boycott the Charity Shield game due to the stupid 5:30pm KO, saying that it's about time fans were taken into consideration.

I hope they're successful as it'd be great to see a half empty Wembley for that game & would send out a clear message. Unfortunately, I can see it being a couple of hundred that don't bother & it won't even register. 

• Like 1

Someone find jonathon Pearce and get him signed up 💪 or go left field and get the lad off the Diaz highlights from the chile game against the Dominican the other night  who loves shouting gol gol gol gol spice it up abit and do something abit different 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86

Sky have signed Peter Drury up to replaced Martin Tyler as the main PL commentator 

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like Sky need to cut costs despite their extortionate pricing.

Not that Geoff Shreeves will be missed.

Sky are cutting their cost according and looking to streamline their operations and don't want a loads of reporters around the grounds for match days. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Chelsea have spent relentlessly since being taken over by their “investment group”, buying some of the best players in the world for hundreds of millions of pounds seemingly without any FFP concerns. 

Suddenly, all of the ‘old’ players on huge contracts they don’t want - Aubamayang, Ziyech, Kante, Mendy, Koudibaly are moving to Saudi for not only increased contracts but fees. Seems Lukaku is coming back from his loan at Inter and moving to Saudi too.

Very very interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Chelsea have spent relentlessly since being taken over by their “investment group”, buying some of the best players in the world for hundreds of millions of pounds seemingly without any FFP concerns. 

Suddenly, all of the ‘old’ players on huge contracts they don’t want - Aubamayang, Ziyech, Kante, Mendy, Koudibaly are moving to Saudi for not only increased contracts but fees. Seems Lukaku is coming back from his loan at Inter and moving to Saudi too.

Very very interesting. 

As if by magic: 

Embarrassing.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Or clever.

Depends on what you’re willing to compromise for success. They’re a complete morale-less black hole, previously owned by a Russian oligarch and now puppeteered by Saudi cash converters. I’d honestly rather not complete at the same level as them. Let them go and mess around with their nonsense super league. Bring back football without sports washing. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

Depends on what you’re willing to compromise for success. They’re a complete morale-less black hole, previously owned by a Russian oligarch and now puppeteered by Saudi cash converters. I’d honestly rather not complete at the same level as them. Let them go and mess around with their nonsense super league. Bring back football without sports washing. 

I have never been able to fathom you not wanting us to be back in the Premier League. Surely undermines any desire to be successful.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never been able to fathom you not wanting us to be back in the Premier League. Surely undermines any desire to be successful.

I’d love us to be able to compete in the Premier League without having to compromise the values of our town and the people we represent. 

I’ve no interest in competing in the premier league if it means compromising the values I associate with the club. I’ve no interest in being in the premier league if we cannot compete and lose to the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea and soon to be Qatar owned Manchester United most weeks.