BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’s a really good article in my paper today regarding the new Bournemouth manager. Referring to his previous team Rayo - 

“ Unlike the typical small promoted team, Rayo did not park the bus. They took it on a ride and it was wild. “ He doesn’t want the game to be under control, he wants things to happen “ says their midfielder Mario Suarez. “ Rob in the oppositions half, be direct, open the pitch, get into the area “

” Organised chaos may be one way of putting it and it’s a description Iraola likes. In fact , he says “ I prefer too much chaos to too much organisation. I prefer to play at a high pace, even if that means a touch of hastiness, than play at a slower pace and have a bit more control “ Only one side won the ball more in La Liga last year; only one side lost it more. “

” Iraola talks about “ volume “ As Alvaro Garcia puts it ; “ If they’re a los of crosses, lots of people arriving in the area, lots of attacks …..if there are three crosses in the same move, one will come off, it’s a matter of time “.

Sounds like the football I grew up with. Death to “ Keep Ball “.  It’s be interesting to see how he goes on at Bournemouth. “ Three crosses “ , that’s about our ration for a whole game. “ Lots of people arriving in the area “. He’s playing my song.

As I said in the other thread, get it down the channels and bang it in the box.

SSSHEEEAAAAAARRREEEEEEERR!!!!!!

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Strange appointment that, not sure why they have decided to re-appoint Roy, a 75 year old bloke, as their manager again. Seems incredibly lazy.

He came I'm last season to save them from the mess Viera left them in and he did a good job and kept them up. 

But that was surely the short term plan and they were doing their homework and getting a list of managers together in the background who could come in this season? 

How are they going to push forward with such short term planning. Don't think they will go down but another season of just staying up seems to be all they are bothered about.

21 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Strange appointment that, not sure why they have decided to re-appoint Roy, a 75 year old bloke, as their manager again. Seems incredibly lazy.

He came I'm last season to save them from the mess Viera left them in and he did a good job and kept them up. 

But that was surely the short term plan and they were doing their homework and getting a list of managers together in the background who could come in this season? 

How are they going to push forward with such short term planning. Don't think they will go down but another season of just staying up seems to be all they are bothered about.

They thought he is the safer option with redevelopment happening at Selhurst Park shortly. 

They considered 4 other managers who were Fonseca, Cooper, Rodgers & Potter but It was Hodgson who they went for cos the squad knew him, did well there and steady but safe option

On 08/07/2023 at 11:38, goozburger said:

After being mostly billed as not good enough or consistent enough for Manchester United for the past several years, I'm having a bit of a chuckle at David de Gea being described as a legend in social media circles now that he's left.

I'm surprised that he lasted that long. He had good games but made too many mistakes, wasn't that good with his feet, and was awful at saving penalties. 

Paper talk had him on stupid money too. Ten Hag has done well to get rid. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I see that Everton have signed Ashley Young. It's impressive that he's still getting Premier League contracts at 38 but he's not going to be transformative. 

Have Everton no money?

They had their Russian Oligarch funding removed when the war broke out, spent a fortune whilst they had investment which has resulted in very little resale value but high contracts and have hundreds of millions of investment into their new stadium. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

They had their Russian Oligarch funding removed when the war broke out, spent a fortune whilst they had investment which has resulted in very little resale value but high contracts and have hundreds of millions of investment into their new stadium. 

I didn't know that Everton's overlord was sanctioned too. Abramovich got all the attention.

They really are in a pickle then. Gordon got them a few quid. Maybe Onana is next out. He and Pickford are about all they have left who is worth anything. 

I've written enough on here about the absolute disaster that Everton's signings have been over the last few years. They have signed some dross. Dele Alli is back with them now too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I see that Everton have signed Ashley Young. It's impressive that he's still getting Premier League contracts at 38 but he's not going to be transformative. 

Have Everton no money?

Everton are in a financial mess and they have a new stadium to be pay for. Its a awful situation there and it down to the owner just throwing money at the problem, no proper transfer plan and a number of different types of head coaches and managers just didn't help the problem there

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I didn't know that Everton's overlord was sanctioned too. Abramovich got all the attention.

They really are in a pickle then. Gordon got them a few quid. Maybe Onana is next out. He and Pickford are about all they have left who is worth anything. 

I've written enough on here about the absolute disaster that Everton's signings have been over the last few years. They have signed some dross. Dele Alli is back with them now too.

Yes he did get sanctioned and they were in mess before cos of poor signings from different managers/head coaches plus no control or plan from the owner