BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

20 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Law of Northern upbringing? I'd say your the one with strange upbringing. I'd rather anyone (except dingles) over scousers . I hate the bin dippers with a passion . 

Who would you rather get relegated Jim? Burnley or palace, Bournemouth or a west ham

In no particular order of preference Palace, Brentford, Fulham, West Ham, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Brighton. Bournemouth etc. Any of them will do. 

24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

So people can’t just prefer different things to you, nah?

Of course. It’s one person’s opinion. Feel free to disagree. No need to get upset 

32 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

In no particular order of preference Palace, Brentford, Fulham, West Ham, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Brighton. Bournemouth etc. Any of them will do. 

So not Burnley?

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Of course. It’s one person’s opinion. Feel free to disagree. No need to get upset 

Seems like you were the one upset, alluding to people’s upbringings, tbf.

• Like 1

No Jim’s quite right to point it out - it is all down to upbringing, my dad instilled in me local pride, the importance of heritage and passing down the baton between generations when supporting your local club, indeed it is what ‘the club’ is - and to have nothing but contempt for the local glory hunting Liverpool and Man Utd ‘fans’ and for them to ‘win’ as little as possible.

Thank you dad.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No Jim’s quite right to point it out - it is all down to upbringing, my dad instilled in me local pride, the importance of heritage and passing down the baton between generations when supporting your local club, indeed it is what ‘the club’ is - and to have nothing but contempt for the local glory hunting Liverpool and Man Utd ‘fans’ and for them to ‘win’ as little as possible.

Thank you dad.

+1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

So people can’t just prefer different things to you, nah?

I can’t get excited about any of the Premier League teams. To me it’s like the reply Eisenhower reputedly got when he asked his leading scientific adviser how the Russians had managed to launch a satellite before the USA. “ The thing is Mr President - their Germans are better than our Germans “.

There’s not much local allegiance going on. It’s not like when we had four Blackburn born lads in the front five of the team in the old first division back in the day.

• Like 2

forest just released a statement about the var official,claiming him to be a luton fans,the var official turned out the notoriously hopeless stuart attwell,wether he`s a luton fan is up for debate,what is clear though is that he`s an incompetent buffoon,who should`nt be anywhere near football

• Like 4

Just watched the 3 Forest penalties. The two fouls definitely are, and possibly the hand ball is as well.

The problem is referees are too shit scared to give penalties now incase it’s over-ruled, so they just leave it to VAR. And in this case VAR is hiding behind the ‘not clear and obvious’ rule despite them being fairly clear.

I’d love to take a forward make those challenges on a defender leading to a goal and the ref/VAR play on.

Edited by Hasta

12 hours ago, Hasta said:

Just watched the 3 Forest penalties. The two fouls definitely are, and possibly the hand ball is as well.

The problem is referees are too shit scared to give penalties now incase it’s over-ruled, so they just leave it to VAR. And in this case VAR is hiding behind the ‘not clear and obvious’ rule despite them being fairly clear.

I’d love to take a forward make those challenges on a defender leading to a goal and the ref/VAR play on.

For me the two challenges are fouls but I don’t think the Forest player’s exaggerated fall for the first helped their cause.

With the handball I’d day it falls into the ‘seen them given’ category but for me it’s one that should never be given.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

For me the two challenges are fouls but I don’t think the Forest player’s exaggerated fall for the first helped their cause.

With the handball I’d day it falls into the ‘seen them given’ category but for me it’s one that should never be given.

That's how I saw it.

Atwell, hmmmmm, best not opine, it would be impolite.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2024 at 16:33, simongarnerisgod said:

forest just released a statement about the var official,claiming him to be a luton fans,the var official turned out the notoriously hopeless stuart attwell,wether he`s a luton fan is up for debate,what is clear though is that he`s an incompetent buffoon,who should`nt be anywhere near football

And yet it has been announced that he will be a VAR official at the Euros