BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Women's World Cup 2023

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Rather like the men's game then

Actually you're wrong. The game was improved across all levels 

I am not saying it hasn't improved. What I am saying is that the level is still poor. I once got a trophy for being the most improved player of a season. What that meant, was that I was really shit, and I became just shit.

Just now, rigger said:

I am not saying it hasn't improved. What I am saying is that the level is still poor. I once got a trophy for being the most improved player of a season. What that meant, was that I was really shit, and I became just shit.

It isn't poor, it's great to watch. The level of skill and nous and commitment on show at Wembley tonight was the equal of anything in the men's game.

May I kindly suggest you open your eyes and your mind

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

It isn't poor, it's great to watch. The level of skill and nous and commitment on show at Wembley tonight was the equal of anything in the men's game.

Have you ever watch womens football below internatinal level. I know during the 90's I used to watch the Rovers womens team regularly, the skill and fitness levels were less than schoolboy level. Nothing much has changed, except more publicity. 

• Backroom
14 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

At the absolute tip-top it’s a good watch.

The recent Utd vs City game was 90mins I’ll never get back. It needs the standard of goalkeeping to increase hugely imo.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

At the absolute tip-top it’s a good watch.

The recent Utd vs City game was 90mins I’ll never get back. It needs the standard of goalkeeping to increase hugely imo.

I was behind the goal at the Den when Wahlsted (sp?) let one in through his fingers. Worse than anything I've seen in the women's game and far worse than Earps's blooper last night 

England women are a joy to watch. Nederland played equally well. Spain are the best.

I watched England on ITV4 and switched once or twice to BBC 2 for York v Wigan. Chalk and Cheese!  Lionesses far better. I love 'em.

42 minutes ago, bazza said:

England women are a joy to watch. Nederland played equally well. Spain are the best.

I watched England on ITV4 and switched once or twice to BBC 2 for York v Wigan. Chalk and Cheese!  Lionesses far better. I love 'em.

Would you say that the lionesses would beat either York or Wigan. I would doubt it very much.

16 hours ago, rigger said:

Would you say that the lionesses would beat either York or Wigan. I would doubt it very much.

Bit of a daft question, Rigger. England v Netherlands was lovely flowing football. York v Wigan was a very scrappy game not enjoyable to watch.

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Bit of a daft question, Rigger. England v Netherlands was lovely flowing football. York v Wigan was a very scrappy game not enjoyable to watch.

So what is your answer yes or no, in your opinion would the Lionesses beat either York or Wigan ?

Edited by rigger

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

The physical advantages men have mean York and Wigan would beat the Lionesses.

This should not be the measure of how good the Lionesses are.

Also the fact that the York and Wigan players are better footballers, might have a bearing.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

So what is your answer yes or no, in your opinion would the Lionesses beat either York or Wigan ?

Two different types of football. I never said that the women could beat the men. I said I preferred to watch the England women than the Wigan men.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Also the fact that the York and Wigan players are better footballers, might have a bearing.

That is rubbish. Why have you turned into a WUM?