BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Women's World Cup 2023

Another shit handball call there. Ping it up at her upper arm from point blank range, impossible to evade, free kick.

Meanwhile a couple of very obvious fouls against us haven't been given in the last 10 or so.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Like kicking the ball away (automatic yellow card) and time wasting by changing corner kick taker (automatic yellow card)?

They’ve learnt a lot from their Spanish male counterparts

Regardless of the ref, England have been abysmal and bu far the worse team. Granted I only saw since the 60th minute, but I've seen a single shot in that entire time. Spain have created chance after chance and deserve to win.

• Like 6

• Backroom

The abysmal standard of refereeing, massively aiding Spain's excessive use of the dark arts, made it a frustrating final to watch. 

With that said, England didn't look like scoring the entire game really. Just that one shot which hit the bar. Otherwise the attacking standard was very poor, although their goal aside Spain were no better. They just had that one clinical moment, and we had none. Not sure if the occasion got to our attackers, but they looked a shadow of what we've seen over the past couple of years. 

• Like 3

England totally outplayed.

Given that we were lacking in quality, the one thing you can do is use good old English methods –get it in the mixer. So in injury time you send forward Millie Bright and bring on another big striker. But in 13 minutes, I don’t think one good cross/ball forward came in except for a big up and under which Bright won and the last corner of the game which was too close to the keeper. Poor.

Enjoyed the world cup though. At least the women can get to finals.

16 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

You can still win when a few players have a bad day but not the whole team,only the GK came out of that with any credit,they won the Euro's last year so it was strange that it seemed like the occasion got to the whole team.

Yeah, we looked like 11 players who’d just met up on the car-park an hour before the game. We never really came up with a coherent way of playing. Spain had one and they stuck to it.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, we looked like 11 players who’d just met up on the car-park an hour before the game. We never really came up with a coherent way of playing. Spain had one and they stuck to it.

Generally quite average until the semi-final when we peaked.

Too many froze today in their big game.

It happens, as I know from experience and you never ever get that back. Ever.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

We hit the bar and Hemp had a good chance ... Spain were the better footballing side and played a poor Referee like a fiddle ...

The Champagne House, Pol Roger, sent Churchill a dozen bottles of his favourite Champagne every month from the end of the War until his death for his services to France, I wouldn't be surprised to see regular cases of Rioja Reserva winging it's way to Florida on the same basis ... 

6 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

We hit the bar and Hemp had a good chance ... Spain were the better footballing side and played a poor Referee like a fiddle ...

The Champagne House, Pol Roger, sent Churchill a dozen bottles of his favourite Champagne every month from the end of the War until his death for his services to France, I wouldn't be surprised to see regular cases of Rioja Reserva winging it's way to Florida on the same basis ... 

The ref was out of her depth but we didn’t lose because of that. We were never at it right from the kick off unfortunately. We totally lost what bit of shape we had at the end, we ended up playing ale house football. They were quicker, fitter, had a better first touch, and dare I say it - they looked leaner. 
We looked like the England men’s team - a lot of huff and puff but we’ll never blow your house down.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The ref was out of her depth but we didn’t lose because of that. We were never at it right from the kick off unfortunately. We totally lost what bit of shape we had at the end, we ended up playing ale house football. They were quicker, fitter, had a better first touch, and dare I say it - they looked leaner. 
We looked like the England men’s team - a lot of huff and puff but we’ll never blow your house down.

I thought that the England women’s team looked far larger shall we say than Spain.