BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Women's World Cup 2023

25 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Difference between men's and womens game is the football brains. The male players see passes much quicker and better.  

Try watching it without comparing it, not easy but I've got better at it. It doesn't help when the media do it constantly. 

There's been a rumpus over the women's keeper's shirt, apparently you can't buy a replica. First thing Matterface did on Talksport yesterday was compare it to Pickford's shirt. That was his solution, do what the men do.

They really can't help themselves. They think they're helping but they do the game a disservice. 

Ps, any win is a good win. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Less than 7000 on for todays match Japan v Costa Rica.  No public Aus TV broadcasts outside of Aus games.(A few more in NZ).

I thought they wanted it to be an event to showcase women's football

That game was in Dunedin, South Island, NZ which explains the small gate.

It was televised live internationally to a lot of countries.

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That game was in Dunedin, South Island, NZ which explains the small gate.

It was televised live internationally to a lot of countries.

but not for free in Australia where the competition is co located.

Edited by 1874

I have found the games quite entertaining.  Slower than the mens game but just two footy teams going for it.  No rolling around no harrassing the ref no play acting bit like the men's game used to be.. I like it.

• Like 1

Only 1 of the first 20 games had both teams score (3 now with Canada and USA matches). Certainly still a decent gulf between levels, and you notice it a lot more on a player by player basis. Great coverage for it long term though, it's only going to get better and better. 

I'm expecting the knock out stages to be entertaining

• Like 1

All the players who can make a bit of time for the team are getting injured... Williamson, Mead and now Walsh. You need those players. 

Also, I know she scored the winner at the euros but Kelly just isn't very good - she's got some speed but the vision, end product and decision making just isn't there. 

• Like 1

Russo is playing like a striker who needs a goal, she's letting herself get pulled out of position chasing things she shouldn't be chasing. Against Haiti she got in the way of other players a couple of times rather than taking a position for a pass or to close down a rebound. I think if she scores one she'll relax a bit and get more. 

9 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Russo is playing like a striker who needs a goal, she's letting herself get pulled out of position chasing things she shouldn't be chasing. Against Haiti she got in the way of other players a couple of times rather than taking a position for a pass or to close down a rebound. I think if she scores one she'll relax a bit and get more. 

Yes, she's got a decent shot so we need to see more and also on target, work the keeper.