BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Does anyone else think RoversTV needs more content or perhaps an overhaul?

The interviews are great between the presenter and the team but you get the same regurgitated content in the local papers and online so it doesn't feel like you're getting extra content.

Other clubs are showing friendlies, lots of pre-season content - whether serious or fun. I saw during the season other clubs do pre-game and post game chat, yet we have a few interviews and no friendly highlights whatsoever. Even during the season the highlight package is just a replay of the entire game. I used to quite enjoy the 10-15 minute extended highlights of each game which showed a bit more action than the goals shown on TV. 

It would be great if you could watch pre-season games, academy games, or even archived games from many years ago. I'm sure other fans have a lot more ideas too.

Do you subscribe and what are your thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

Does anyone else think RoversTV needs more content or perhaps an overhaul?

The interviews are great between the presenter and the team but you get the same regurgitated content in the local papers and online so it doesn't feel like you're getting extra content.

Other clubs are showing friendlies, lots of pre-season content - whether serious or fun. I saw during the season other clubs do pre-game and post game chat, yet we have a few interviews and no friendly highlights whatsoever. Even during the season the highlight package is just a replay of the entire game. I used to quite enjoy the 10-15 minute extended highlights of each game which showed a bit more action than the goals shown on TV. 

It would be great if you could watch pre-season games, academy games, or even archived games from many years ago. I'm sure other fans have a lot more ideas too.

Do you subscribe and what are your thoughts?

I agree with all you say and IMO we have just about the most lame offering in the Championship.

It is unlikely to improve anytime soon as all clubs offerings will have to be revamped to accommodate the big changes in the televising and streaming of EFL games from the 2024/25 season.

Yes Rovers TV should be showing friendlies of our club.  don't know if the clubs where our friendlies are being held don't want it showing. I do agree it should show all under 21's and under 18's home games at least plus highlights of away games at least if possible

this pre-season goal highlights have been available on Twitter 

• Like 1

Like everything at this club, it is a downgrade on what was/should have been offered.

Despite what some of their boot lickers will tell you, venkys do not fund anything at this club other than the bare minimum. Hence the state of the pitch, the stadium, rovers TV, season after season of failure, the training ground sale, maggot, last January etc etc etc.

It's just one more thing that shows how little the club think of the fans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Rovers TV should be showing friendlies of our club.  don't know if the clubs where our friendlies are being held don't want it showing. I do agree it should show all under 21's and under 18's home games at least plus highlights of away games at least if possible

this pre-season goal highlights have been available on Twitter 

When RoversTV was launched one of its selling points was that it would show youth games and highlights. That happened a little at the start but then just died out. The same with friendlies.

Highlights and goals should always be on RoversTV first, FFS it's the club's TV channel!

They can use Twitter too for those who bury conscience and support the fascist Musk. Not everyone uses Twitter ttf.

I will no longer support RoversTV until they at least shown a willingness to sort themselves out and do not expect that to occur prior to the changes in the televising of EFL games in the 2024/5 season.

I can get every PL and EFL anyway via high speed fibre.

58 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is Niall Ennis out long term?

Rovers extremely quiet on him.

Ennis has had groin problems since at least April this year. Such injuries are slow healers and will affect general fitness through training limitations.

Sigurdsson also carries a groin issue that pre dates his signing at Rovers.

52 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Don't think so. Seems his fitness has been well-below par since moving from Plymouth Argyle. Clearly nowhere near ready if he isn't involved today or tomorrow.

Rovers have been back in training now for almost a month. His fitness must have been poor if he can't get up to speed in that time. We will have played six games by tomorrow and he hasn't featured at all. With the league starting on August 5th and only two games in the interim I can't see him being in the squad for the West Brom game.

I can't watch a Rovers game so is it going to be the easily available friendlies of Wigan, Boro, Watford or Cardiff or the PL Arseholes v Manure or Saudi lackeys v Brighton.

Nahhhh ., I'll watch England Women, the Ashes and finish of with the darts and hopefully a win for Nathan in the semis.

Thanks Rovers for being so fucking useless in operating a TV station and making my choices easy.

I might watch a bit of Wigan v Everton though, depends if it's raining at OT at 2 pm UK time

Edited by AllRoverAsia

On 21/07/2023 at 12:06, AllRoverAsia said:

Ennis has had groin problems since at least April this year. Such injuries are slow healers and will affect general fitness through training limitations.

Sigurdsson also carries a groin issue that pre dates his signing at Rovers.

Why on earth are we taking on players who are carrying long term injuries that require a long, slow recovery period, meaning they will probably be unavailable for the first few games of the season. Then they will need to get up to speed before joining the squad. Crackers. Then again, this is BRFC. 

8 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Why on earth are we taking on players who are carrying long term injuries that require a long, slow recovery period, meaning they will probably be unavailable for the first few games of the season. Then they will need to get up to speed before joining the squad. Crackers. Then again, this is BRFC. 

Following a scan it's now reported that Sigurdsson is out for 8 weeks and will not feature until mid Sept at the earliest.

Groin injuries are notoriously slow healers and will inhibit attaining peak fitness until fully healed. They are prone to reoccur as has happened with this player.

• 2 weeks later...

Just trying to buy a match pass for tomorrow's game and yet again I'm unable to pay.... Little wheel just spins forever. 

Don't know if its my tablet or the website but this shit started in February. 

Ah well, I'll save a few quid by watching dodgy streams instead. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Anyone outside of UK can watch the game on RoversTV?

Signed up for the season and i cant watch the first game!

I'm the same just bought a monthly video pass and all I get is a message saying unauthorised country...Australia.

I'm pissed off big time.

Great thing about Malta, the market is so small the broadcasters can't remotely get the advertising revenue to get rights so I never have the problem of Rovers TV games not being accessible.

Except today I probably missed 10 minutes including the Markanday goal through the feed dropping!

3 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Anyone outside of UK can watch the game on RoversTV?

Signed up for the season and i cant watch the first game!

If your country of residence has a broadcasting partner that is showing the game (or, more technically, has bought the rights to show the game), then you cannot watch it on RoversTV from that location.

6 hours ago, jw_ said:

I'm the same just bought a monthly video pass and all I get is a message saying unauthorised country...Australia.

I'm pissed off big time.

I did the same after having my match day pass cancelled. So paid £25 for the monthly pass and had the same as yourself. 

When buying a pass it says its for those outside of the UK and NI. Then when you've actually paid it's as Goozeburger says.... Broadcasting partners etc... Only 6 European countries were able to view today's game!!! And where I am, Sweden, wasn't one of those. 

Pain in the arse. 

• Like 1