BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 16/09/2023

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

We’re playing superb, but JDT needs to be whistling over the German 4th div lad now and tell him to get his bib off. 

We can’t spend any longer watching Gallagher prance around upfront. 

Prancing sounds altogether more agile than anything I’ve ever seen Gally do.  May I suggest “lumbering”?

• Like 2

Good first half, but we should be 3 or 4 up.

Dolan’s chance was harder to miss - Gallagher’s not far behind.

Thought Brittain was excellent, I’ve been a big fan since he joined.

Pears deserves credit as well, he’s been good so far.

Just feels like we’re carrying players, like Dolan, Gallagher and Hedges. If we want to be in the top 6, these guys just aren’t good enough.

Hopefully a good second half and 3 points.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

We’re playing superb, but JDT needs to be whistling over the German 4th div lad now and tell him to get his bib off. 

We can’t spend any longer watching Gallagher prance around upfront. 

Gallaghers been great in everything except finishing.... for me id probably bring Telalovic on for Dolan and move Gallagher onto the left.

Need Gallagher on to defend the set pieces too!

Only other player at threat is I think Travis. Must be tempting to bring JRC on for him as hes played some poor passes. But again he's been good defensively.

Anyway great performance all round. We are a very good team imo. Just need to add finishing and we are going places.

Funny half.

Sam Szmodics is clearly the talisman for this season. Trav is maintaining a good level of performance and I hope he continues to do so for a long time. Adam Wharton looks better today than he has done in the past couple of/few games.

They’ve not looked entirely woeful, as they’re intentionally sitting off us, but they’re pinning all their hope on their number 9 (who does look a good player) and set pieces. Not exactly the forward-thinking genius that they make him out to be, is Carrick.

They have to come up with something at half time, which means we should be properly prepared for a reaction and to exploit any vulnerabilities that arise.

That set piece coach can’t come soon enough. Players are marking the wrong counterparts currently. We’ve been warned in that half, so it needs to be fixed for the second half.

• Like 2