BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 16/09/2023

Boro in bad form at the moment so they're either going to turn it around or will further in a slump.

Hopefully the best manager we've had in the venkys era can get a tune out of his dirty dozen (minus one) and send them smoggy bastards back home with a slapped arse.

3-0 The new striker with two and a Lewis Travis 30 yarder.

• Like 2

my team 

Wahlstedt

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering 

Tronstad Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Moran 

Telalovic

Subs:- Pears, Hill, Wharton, Garrett, Travis, Sigurdsson, JRC, Leonard, Gallagher 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

In an ideal world, Telalovic or Ennis and Sigurdsson will be able to start although I suspect not on either. Hedges, Moran and Szmodics will equate to neat and tidy passing up until a certain point but no punch in attack.

Travis needs to stay in, we need his leadership and his energy and he has been our best player this season. Hopefully Rankin Costello is also fit and the inclusion of the new keeper is obviously critical.

Ideally:

Wahlstedt

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Wharton

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson

Ennis

With Telalovic starting if Ennis isnt fit enough.

Sadly, I expect Pears in net, Gallagher up top, Hedges for Sigurdsson who with Ennis will still not be fit enough to take part. Telalovic at a push on the bench.

• Like 3

Think this will be a draw, so I'll go for a 1-1. Carrick and Boro simply need to get something from this, and I feel that they'll take the game to Rovers.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of team we'll put out after the international break, but I'd like to see the following:

• Wahlstedt as GK
  • JRC into midfield
  • Ennis or Telalovic as the central striker
  • Sigurdsson on the bench at least

I'd say 1 of those is possible (the goalkeeper) 😅.

Gallagher always bags against Boro, so would not be surprised to see him get the nod up front.

• Like 3

However many they bring they'll certainly crow about it that's for sure, right up there with dingles and Leeds on blowing their own trumpet.

I'd expect c3k so Waggot will be in wonderland.

As for the game i think we know how this will pan out as there's no better team to play when you haven't won for ages than BRFC 

Rovers  0   Smoggies   2

More post match hard luck stories.

Extremely early in the season but I had expected Boro to be close to a 100% win record at this stage, not 100% loss.

I rate Carrick and they seemed to have made the best use of the window of clubs not rolling in parachutes or player sales to the PL.

I watched the extended highlights of Boro 3-0 defeat at Coventry and 2-0 defeat home to QPR. Amazing how they failed to score in either game- they look very dangerous coming forward.

Midfield and defence are lacking in belief so Rovers will get chances to miss the target as well.

Carrick looked lost on the touchline in both games offering nothing except misery.

A real toss-up this one. If Boro get one goal they might get a bagful against us. One thing is for certain, there is no way Pears could replicate the man of the match performance Begovich produced up at Boro. JDT has to give Leo the shirt in goal.

At least Bucko can't replicate his needless red card again which proved so costly last season.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 14:36, chaddyrovers said:

my team 

Wahlstedt

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering 

Tronstad Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Moran 

Telalovic

Subs:- Pears, Hill, Wharton, Garrett, Travis, Sigurdsson, JRC, Leonard, Gallagher 

It's not clear to me if Telalovic is expected to come in as a starter or not. On experience it looks like Ennis and Gallagher will be well ahead of him?

• Like 2

Haven't been on this site for a month or so, my tablet broke down just got a new one. Before a ball was kicked on Saturday, I was saying to a friend this one could be a stumbling block after the easy efl cup tie. We have time to put things right with the international break. We could have Sigurdsen and the new signing from Monchengladback in contention for the Boro game. Hopefully we will make it fortress Ewood again for this one.

I personally don't like the 2 in the middle, we seem to get overrun pretty easily. I'd prefer a 3rd in the middle, even if it means dropping Szmodicz or having Szmodicz as a winger out of position if he's undroppable. 

Leo 

Brittain     Carter    Hyam   Pickering

Travis    Garret     Wharton 

Moran                                 Szmodicz

Ennis 

If Siggy is fit I'd start him instead of Szmodicz, If Ennis isn't fit I'd start Telalovic upfront.  I would like Travis dropped for Tronstad but again we just don't know how good Tronstad or Garret can be in the championship .. we may be stocked in CM but we are not stocked with quality.

• Like 1

I can understand that pears couldn’t be dropped while playing well so it was a case of waiting for a clanger and many predicted Leo taking the position after international break which seems to be the case, I took a bit of stick on social media for saying pears is not good enough as a number 1 and I’ve been proven right, great number 2 though best since mark bunn but he’s prone to a clanger which he had at Plymouth so now jdt has to take the opportunity to get Leo in. Good to hear sigurdsson and ennis will be back even though especially in siggis case he’s not entirely fit so his pre season starts then but least he isn’t far off but I don’t think we will see the best of him till closer to Christmas hopefully ennis can get past his injuries too rather than what Plymouth did and stick him on needles which has caused his issues at rovers so goes to show their regard for player welfare, I’m pretty sure they will be used for their own mini pre season in the central league cup games. 

Whalstedt

JRC        Carter       Hyam      Britain

Travis    Wharton  szmodics    

Hedges.   Gallagher  Moran                          

• Like 1

I hate games like this - Boro have been awful in the first few games, whereas we've played pretty well (even if all results haven't gone our way).

It's like when an opposition striker has gone on a 16-year run without a goal before playing us.
You know exactly what's going to happen and you're unable to do anything to stop it.

All I can hope of is Wahlsted starting in goal, JRC moving into midfield and some of the new forwards playing.

• Like 5

Boro winless and desperately need something to kick start their season. 

Like a Christmas morning, they come downstairs and look under the tree to see a lovely, Rovers shaped present, gift wrapped with a bow. Tearing off the wrapping paper, opening the box and pulling out 3 points. 

Seems to happen to us all the time.

Frustratingly, none of Ennis, Sigurdsson or the new striker are likely to start, which means we're basically looking at the same team as Plymouth but hopefully with Pears out and Leo in, at the very least.

• Like 6

Hoping a (muted?) desire to see our new signings in the flesh will bring a few out on Sat.

The Plymouth result popped our semi-inflated optimism about our transfer window performance, so hopefully we'll have most of the signings at least on the bench.

Also, please note that there are plenty of Rovers players to vote for in the NW Football Awards.

Please vote! V easy...

https://www.northwestfootballawards.com/vote-nwfa-2023/

• Like 1

I did the stadium tour at the weekend and was reliably informed that 'Boro have asked for and been given the whole Darwen End. 

In good news this will hopefully mean the Rovers will be removed and replaced across the seating correctly in time for Sunderland!

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

I did the stadium tour at the weekend and was reliably informed that 'Boro have asked for and been given the whole Darwen End. 

In good news this will hopefully mean the Rovers will be removed and replaced across the seating correctly in time for Sunderland!

Or hopefully it is binned and replaced with proper lettering with white seats. The current bin liners over the seats routine just another cheap Waggott stunt that reflects poorly on our club IMO.

I'm not aware of any other club in the leagues or even non-league that decides to stick white bin liners over its seats for lettering. Even Accy Stanley have white seats spelling 'Stanley' in their stands.

Edited by JHRover