BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 16/09/2023

18 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Pears is not a solid Championship goalkeeper. Always a mistake waiting to happen, quite regularly gifting away points. He has had good games at times, but so did the likes of Walton and Steele. The fact that he hasn't been dropped yet reflects badly on JDT.

Pears is ideal for our bench.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/15/boss-boosted-by-rankin-costello-return/

Yep, Ennis out for another two weeks, even though he was diagnosed with just two a couple of weeks ago. Also had an "illness". This lad is going to exceed Grella's time on the sick bench.

You can't say all the warning signs weren't there. People can try to be as positive as they want, but it's looking like a highly risky signing - given the years involved - that is going to backfire.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/15/boss-boosted-by-rankin-costello-return/

Yep, Ennis out for another two weeks, even though he was diagnosed with just two a couple of weeks ago. Also had an "illness". This lad is going to exceed Grella's time on the sick bench.

You can't say all the warning signs weren't there. People can try to be as positive as they want, but it's looking like a highly risky signing - given the years involved - that is going to backfire.

And if this new lad kicks on and Gallagher will be first choice you would imagine he might fall right down the pecking order with Leonard waiting in the wings

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23793224.tomasson-doubles-rovers-deadline-day-stance/

Pears looks like starting tomorrow. Has a real blind spot towards him.

Certainly appears his understanding of the 3rd player is not the story we were given yesterday.

I still don't get the feeling that he is content with the moving goalposts of this summer, and don't know the odds,  but it must be short that he won't see out the season.

Just now, glen9mullan said:

still don't get the feeling that he is content with the moving goalposts of this summer, and don't know the odds,  but it must be short that he won't see out the season.

jdt must be enjoying the english game and life over here,most likely sees the rovers job as a challenge,any other up and coming manager would have ****** off by now,with the shambles behind the scenes

i think we`ve got him till next season,he`ll definately be off at the end of this one,unless by some miracle,he gets a proper budget in january and we somehow get promoted

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23793224.tomasson-doubles-rovers-deadline-day-stance/

Pears looks like starting tomorrow. Has a real blind spot towards him.

I like JDT a lot, but he loses a lot of credit from me if he doesn't drop Pears after his last two performances.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ennis played in 45 games last season. Does that really sound injury prone to you? He passed his medical here aswell. He just seems unlucky with injuries 

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Certainly appears his understanding of the 3rd player is not the story we were given yesterday.

I still don't get the feeling that he is content with the moving goalposts of this summer, and don't know the odds,  but it must be short that he won't see out the season.

If he wasn't happy here surely he would walk out but he hasn't. If everything he has accepted the challenge and he does enjoy developing young players. His man management is excellent and I do feel that we should be targeting a playoff place this season. 

The info I had (and they've been pretty solid with everything they've passed me) is that JDT was happy for Buckley to leave on loan.

Reading between the lines, that might have been on the condition that Burke also came in on loan.
And since that didn't happen, he's now taking the 'I never wanted Buckley to leave' stance.

He has however always been very reactive/proactive in terms of replacing an underperforming player. After Plymouth, you'd expect that Pears has to sit on the bench.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ennis played in 45 games last season. Does that really sound injury prone to you? He passed his medical here aswell. He just seems unlucky with injuries 

If he wasn't happy here surely he would walk out but he hasn't. If everything he has accepted the challenge and he does enjoy developing young players. His man management is excellent and I do feel that we should be targeting a playoff place this season. 

You keep on mentioning 45 games last season despite being pulled up on it. 45 APPEARANCES Chaddy. In the league (38 apps) he played 1839 minutes in total. Which equates to around 20 full games, or an average of 48 minutes across the 38 appearances.

As a comparison, Dominic Hyam made 1 more league appearance than Ennis, yet he totalled 3433 minutes in total.......spot the difference. 

• Like 7