BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

33 minutes ago, Wixxy2 said:

It was Cheston who made the pronouncement. Not the fat cunt.

To think we had people at the club like him who stood there doing the dirty work for their pieces of silver knowing not only was it poor from a football perspective but that it would decimate the fanbase even more.

If Charlie had anything about him other than riding the gravy train he'd have walked on principle.

5 hours ago, Wixxy2 said:

It was Cheston who made the pronouncement. Not the fat cunt.

They're all the same to me, these leeches who infest our club. Away with them.

18 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23830108.championship-horrendous-position-new-proposal/

'Competative or merely sustainable'?...sadly I'm damn well sure we all know where Rovers stand 

This is insane. So not only will they refuse to abolish parachute payments they will also allow clubs in receipt of it to spend/lose a greater % amount than everyone else in the championship? Pretty much guaranteeing a constant yo-yo fo clubs between the leagues whilst the rest of us scrap about for the dreggs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

This is insane. So not only will they refuse to abolish parachute payments they will also allow clubs in receipt of it to spend/lose a greater % amount than everyone else in the championship? Pretty much guaranteeing a constant yo-yo fo clubs between the leagues whilst the rest of us scrap about for the dreggs.

This is why our owners shouldn't have cut the wage bill by 15% but actually maintained it and used the £5m raised to buy a proven striker that we need. Back GB, JDT and the players to achieve promotion this coming season. This is what our CEO and Pasha should have been saying to the owners when these discussions were happening about this. Yes it a risk but its could be worth hundred of millions to Rovers if we get promote and even if we yo-yo the first season we could bounce back and stay there that time and become this PL sustain club that GB has spoken about 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Take it this court case is going to take place any day now, so everything can be nicely ironed out and that warchest will be unlocked for January?

I hope they all get thrown in jail. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Take it this court case is going to take place any day now, so everything can be nicely ironed out and that warchest will be unlocked for January?

Worryingly it could end up the opposite, we know Waggot had to use transfer money to pay the bills over the summer as it was reported Venkys arent allowed to send any money overseas. If thats still the case how will we pay the bills this month and next as we cant flog anyone now?

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Is there even a court case ?

Seems to be an investigation which could go on forever and poke into many dark corners whilst assets have been frozen. If they are hit with a fine to get them unfrozen and are refusing to pay it then it might go to court. If there is a pending court case for tax dodging it could get very messy indeed.

However these people probably have 100s of millions of liquid cash and personal assets so it shouldn't be too difficult to get some into the club if they really wanted.

Can't dodge company tax that way though eh.

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Is there even a court case ?

Seems to be an investigation which could go on forever and poke into many dark corners whilst assets have been frozen. If they are hit with a fine to get them unfrozen and are refusing to pay it then it might go to court. If there is a pending court case for tax dodging it could get very messy indeed.

However these people probably have 100s of millions of liquid cash and personal assets so it shouldn't be too difficult to get some into the club if they really wanted.

Can't dodge company tax that way though eh.

In all likelihood this was not that big a deal. Just another convenient excuse for venkys to slash the budget even more.

People wax lyrical about how super duper wealthy they are yet all we ever see is cutbacks. I have my doubts as to whether they have the liquid cash available for funding something like this.

I see we lost 20million again this year. At least one thing has been consistent throughout their tenure.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with Morans  goal . Coventry never had the ball on their own pitch but yet again we are blunt up top . It’s going to be the story of our season . We all new we needed a proven goalscorer and it’s showing badly now why we all said we needed one

Edited by Oldgregg86

28 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

In all likelihood this was not that big a deal. Just another convenient excuse for venkys to slash the budget even more.

People wax lyrical about how super duper wealthy they are yet all we ever see is cutbacks. I have my doubts as to whether they have the liquid cash available for funding something like this.

I see we lost 20million again this year. At least one thing has been consistent throughout their tenure.

Totally agree, there has been a big reduction in profit in one of their companies and to me that was the biggest issue the tax and investigation have just compounded it but a cut was on the cards anyway.

A 15% cut on a 15 mill budget is c2.25 million which is massive to the club but nothing to them, is it really worth it for the harm it does.

On 04/10/2023 at 09:42, roverblue said:

That nicely sums up the motivation behind the proposal.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

An Australian millionaire has bought Southend United. How unlikely is that? But here's been plenty of other examples.

Provides the answer to those who think we are doomed if Venkys decide to go away.

A non-exhaustive list of clubs that have been taken over since Venkys arrived here:

Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds (twice), Hull, Huddersfield (twice), Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Derby (twice), Nottingham Forest (twice), Birmingham, Wolves, Aston Villa (twice), West Brom, Coventry, Ipswich, Southend, Watford, Reading (twice), Swansea, Bournemouth (twice), Southampton (twice), Portsmouth, QPR, Fulham, Charlton (twice), Crystal Palace, Blackpool, Burnley, Everton, Wycombe, Oxford, Peterborough, Bolton (twice), Wigan (twice), Salford, Stockport, Swindon.

An exhaustive list of clubs that have gone bust due to financial troubles during that time:

Bury

(still exist albeit after a few years' hiatus and much lower down the pyramid).

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A non-exhaustive list of clubs that have been taken over since Venkys arrived here:

Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds (twice), Hull, Huddersfield (twice), Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Derby (twice), Nottingham Forest (twice), Birmingham, Wolves, Aston Villa (twice), West Brom, Coventry, Ipswich, Southend, Watford, Reading (twice), Swansea, Bournemouth (twice), Southampton (twice), Portsmouth, QPR, Fulham, Charlton (twice), Crystal Palace, Blackpool, Burnley, Everton, Wycombe, Oxford, Peterborough, Bolton (twice), Wigan (twice), Salford, Stockport, Swindon.

An exhaustive list of clubs that have gone bust due to financial troubles during that time:

Bury

(still exist albeit after a few years' hiatus and much lower down the pyramid).

Thanks, you don't have to convince me! Don't forget Wrexham!

But if Venkys pull the plug on our club we are finished. Rubbish isn't it?

But where are the potential buyers? Why is no one showing any interest?

Surely, it there was legitimate interest in buying BRFC then I would expect someone to have made a bid because surely Venkys have to realise its the right time to faff off and leave.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 47er said:

Thanks, you don't have to convince me! Don't forget Wrexham!

But if Venkys pull the plug on our club we are finished. Rubbish isn't it?

I think the point being made by a few us is that as far as we know there is nobody else crazy enough to take it on.

What happened to the local business men who were interested way back when? Has anyone heard from them in recent times, forgotten their names?

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Surely, it there was legitimate interest in buying BRFC then I would expect someone to have made a bid because surely Venkys have to realise its the right time to faff off and leave.

There has to be a willing seller and it appears that everyone and his wife knows, they do not wish to sell.

Exactly why they don't want to sell is up for debate, as it makes no sense them staying around, to either lose £20m per year, or reduce the funding and see us begin to falter.

For what it's worth, my theory is, there is some dark secret hidden away and would come out, if due diligence was carried out.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Club isn't for sale. Venkys have spurned offers in the past. But you know all this.

Keep sticking to the script.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I think the point being made by a few us is that as far as we know there is nobody else crazy enough to take it on.

What happened to the local business men who were interested way back when? Has anyone heard from them in recent times, forgotten their names?

If the club were to be put up for sale the buyers would emerge. You've got it the wrong way round.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, roverblue said:

How many houses have you put offers in for that aren't being advertised as for sale?

I suspect none.

It's the same principle here. Nobody is going to waste their time trying to talk to people who don't want to talk, and nobody is going to go public with interest until they know there is a deal to be done.

So until or unless the scum in India decide they are leaving then nobody will make noises about taking over. It doesn't mean there isn't anyone.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, roverblue said:

The two Ian’s. 

That offer they made would look so tempting now and I do wonder if Venky’s regret refusing to listen.

a I did have a chat to Ian Battersby, shortly before that offer was made and I’m certain, it was genuine too.

I guess that ends further weight to my theory that they are hiding something. 

• Like 1