BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

An hour or two on a plane how from Norwich versus 4 or 5 hours just sat on a coach.

It's a no contest and anyone who questions it has a hole in the head, try and remember most of them have just played 95 mins of football.

Did they fly for the Plymouth game or go on the coach?

If anyone’s ever driven down to Plymouth they’ll know what a stupid decision it would be. Right J*B?

14 hours ago, philipl said:

I am amazed Swag's bus doesn't come with lie flat seats and physio tables.

Seriously 

Why would it? It’s not our bus, it’s a coach hire we have a lease on. It’s not bespoke and we couldn’t make it so even if we wanted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, booth said:

Did they fly for the Plymouth game or go on the coach?

If anyone’s ever driven down to Plymouth they’ll know what a stupid decision it would be. Right J*B?

Jesus Booth, I’d forgotten about that. Thanks for ruining my Saturday! Keith Chaplin-Mabbutt - scumbag! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J*B said:

Why would it? It’s not our bus, it’s a coach hire we have a lease on. It’s not bespoke and we couldn’t make it so even if we wanted. 

Swag's interview convinced me that is what we were getting.

Of course we could - they are common in North and South America. 

https://napaway.com/ 

Edited by philipl

We could do a lot of things re comfort if we owned our own bus.

This weekend, for example I imagine somebody else is using it, like for the FA Cup final when some United fans rented it… though I suppose they would enjoy some lie flat seats and physio tables after 8 pints.

Edited by Mattyblue

20 hours ago, tomphil said:

Coach everywhere this season it seems.

That's absolutely stupid. I once had to travel to Cornwall and they paid for our air travel down there. Didn't take long.

For professional footballers the least travel time the better for obvious reasons.

But as we know from the CEO, winning football matches is secondary these days, as long as we don't lose enough to go down.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

From Bloomberg this morning...

The Cephalopod Theory of Economic Development

One of the more fascinating terms to emerge in recent months is the “octopus class” of India. It may sound a little slimy, but it’s positively apt: The mollusc’s ability to stretch its tentacles into nooks and crannies is applied to the relatively small group of people who are driving India’s dramatic growth in consumption — everything from pricey World Cup Cricket tickets to Royal Enfield motorcyles to Birkenstock footwear.

Coined by Saurabh Mukherjea, the founder of Mumbai-based Marcellus Investment Managers, a portfolio advisory firm, it refers to the 200,000 families (about 1 million individuals) who have seen their wealth increase 16-fold over the last two decades. 

• Like 1

"SW replied that Jon Dahl Tomasson had a three-year contract that he was half way through and that nothing had been agreed to date on any extension to his current contractual position"

A cynic might say that's a clever way of saying JDT has no interest in discussing a new contract. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23952428.blackburn-rovers-update-finances-tomasson-future/

Sounds like a grim January, also sounds like whatever issue is going on will last until the end of the season.

That's another Telegraph article that I have written for no fee!

• Like 4

That article in the LT blames the changes in tax rules in India for lack of funding. It then goes on to say that Venky’s had to go to court to get the £11m released to send to the club. I am reliably informed that this will last us until February. At that point it is “hoped” that a precedent has been set and the funds required to keep us afloat until the end of the season are released, but what if they are not.

A recent article in the Indian press (a link to which has previously been posted on here) points out that illegal payments have been made by Venky’s from 2010 to date. Maybe that as opposed to tax changes has reduced the funding. 

As most know on here, property has been seized by the Enforcement Directorate, that Venky’s own in India. Given that article does not have an alleged in it and also says 2010 to date, my worry is that there are still on going questions being asked about the funding.

It may not be as straightforward as it sounds getting more funding released, which would lead to some really big issues.

Bragging about paying wages on time and buying a new bus, could well have a hidden message. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

"SW replied that Jon Dahl Tomasson had a three-year contract that he was half way through and that nothing had been agreed to date on any extension to his current contractual position"

A cynic might say that's a clever way of saying JDT has no interest in discussing a new contract. 

We wouldn't know unless they offer him one which i doubt Waggot has even considered.

This is the man who created the walk at the end of your deal Ewood culture before a DoF came in and assumed responsibility.

Getting a proper answer out of Waggott is proving to be a difficult task. A reply saying nothing has been agree is all well and good, but what about, has an offer been made to him, to extend his contract?

I fear that JDT is now pretty unhappy and the comments he makes almost weekly now appear to be a dig at him. 

18 minutes ago, lraC said:

Getting a proper answer out of Waggott is proving to be a difficult task. A reply saying nothing has been agree is all well and good, but what about, has an offer been made to him, to extend his contract?

I fear that JDT is now pretty unhappy and the comments he makes almost weekly now appear to be a dig at him. 

i get  the impression that jdt is`nt the only person around the club who thinks swag is a ****

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lraC said:

Getting an answer out of maggot?

Might as well just ask any pile of dog shit you see on the ground. It's exactly the same thing.

I for one am excited to see what will happen in the future with our chicken overlords. I'm sure whatever it is and no matter how bad, the brainless chumps who claim to be fans of this once great club will be lining up to lick their boots.

Those of us who have the intelligence higher than that of a single celled organism will be still looking on as everything we predicted has come to fruition.

Just sell the club you fucking scum.

• Like 1

With having to go to court each time to release funds and having to itemise in detail where those funds are going is a recipe for major problems down the line. All it takes is for a judge to be un persuaded by one payment and we are stuffed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

That article in the LT blames the changes in tax rules in India for lack of funding. It then goes on to say that Venky’s had to go to court to get the £11m released to send to the club. I am reliably informed that this will last us until February. At that point it is “hoped” that a precedent has been set and the funds required to keep us afloat until the end of the season are released, but what if they are not.

A recent article in the Indian press (a link to which has previously been posted on here) points out that illegal payments have been made by Venky’s from 2010 to date. Maybe that as opposed to tax changes has reduced the funding. 

As most know on here, property has been seized by the Enforcement Directorate, that Venky’s own in India. Given that article does not have an alleged in it and also says 2010 to date, my worry is that there are still on going questions being asked about the funding.

It may not be as straightforward as it sounds getting more funding released, which would lead to some really big issues.

Bragging about paying wages on time and buying a new bus, could well have a hidden message. 

Yes it was a neatly dressed article obviously toeing the club line again but given what has gone on to come to this it won't be the last of it. These things could drag on years if they get into legal wrangles and this money has come in when the club can't generate its own.

January then summer it can and no doubt will have to and even if/when this gets sorted it won't be long before something else rears its head.

Remember the wise words of the sometimes itk Northern Rover ?

'No matter how good things might seem sometimes at Rovers we are only ever a week or two away from a mad decision under these owners'

• Like 1