BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Immunotherapy

On 06/09/2023 at 14:48, DeeCee said:

Does anyone have any experience, self/family/friends, who have had it?

I start my treatment for lung cancer next week.

I hope all goes well with your treatment DeeCee. Hopefully a few Rovers wins can make it more bearable.

• Like 3

On 08/09/2023 at 03:20, DeeCee said:

It's where they pump stuff round your body that kick-starts your immune system

What is immunotherapy - Cancer Research UK https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/treatment/immunotherapy/what-is-immunotherapy

A walk through burnley town centre would do that! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

On 06/09/2023 at 14:48, DeeCee said:

Does anyone have any experience, self/family/friends, who have had it?

I start my treatment for lung cancer next week.

my brother in law is having it,he`s also got lung cancer,it makes you feel terrible  but in his case it`s stopped his tumour growing and shrunk it

good luck with it,hope it works as well as it does for my brother in law

• Like 3

14 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

my brother in law is having it,he`s also got lung cancer,it makes you feel terrible  but in his case it`s stopped his tumour growing and shrunk it

good luck with it,hope it works as well as it does for my brother in law

Aside from the feeling, its good that it is having a positive effect. 

• Like 1

All the very best with the course of treatment DeeCee. Keep us updated as many of us getting on in years might benefit from the same. A friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer so it may be of benefit for him.  Keep your chin up pal. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

How's it all going @DeeCee?

Had my pre treatment blood test local this morning before a 30 mile drive up to Plymouth for treatment on Wednesday.

They say they can't tell if it's working or not for 3 months which will be another month yet.

Tbh I'm stil not feeling ill from the cancer or the treatment yet so fingers crossed. 🤞 

Thanks for asking 👍

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Another biopsy this coming Tuesday, a visit to the Maxio facial surgery unit on Friday (to discuss future treatment, another scan on 1st December then more immunotherapy on 6th December.

(The cancer is in my neck and well which I omitted to put in my first post on this topic.  It's also Stage 4 so terminal as well, my treatment is all classed as palliative).

Got a tag to save me £1.30 every time I go over the Tamar bridge 🙄

7 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Another biopsy this coming Tuesday, a visit to the Maxio facial surgery unit on Friday (to discuss future treatment, another scan on 1st December then more immunotherapy on 6th December.

(The cancer is in my neck and well which I omitted to put in my first post on this topic.  It's also Stage 4 so terminal as well, my treatment is all classed as palliative).

Got a tag to save me £1.30 every time I go over the Tamar bridge 🙄

I’m so sorry to hear that - I hope you are coping as well as can be expected.

Very sad to hear how serious your condition is DeeCee. It’s also very inspiring to know how positive you are feeling under the circumstances. I hope you can stay upbeat, and just think how much money you are saving each time you go across the Tamar bridge. Drinks are on you mate. Cheers 🍻

• Like 2