BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Would you try two up front?

Given our lack of ‘cutting edge’ would anyone try having a second central striker?

Maybe something along the lines of…

Leo

Hill.         Carter.      Hyam.         Pickering

Tronstad

JRC.       Wharton A

Sammie

Ennis.       Leonard. 

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Given our lack of ‘cutting edge’ would anyone try having a second central striker?

Leo

Tronstad

JRC.       Wharton A

Sammie

Ennis.       Leonard. 

Hypothetical till we have 2 fit strikers available. We have 3, none of whom are outstanding goal-scorers, 2 of the 3 have hardly been available  and Leonard has missed a few too. Bloody nightmare.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't think they are good enough.

My logic (if it can be called that!) is if there’s two of them ‘up there’ it’s more likely one of them will score.

I guess it all depends on what, if anything, you’re taking away from elsewhere in the team.

Edited by wilsdenrover

45 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

My logic (if it can be called that!) is if there’s two of them ‘up there’ it’s more likely one of them will score.

I guess it all depends on what, if anything, you’re taking away from elsewhere in the team.

If you were one of the two centre halves what would you rather play against - one striker or two ? It’s obvious to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Leo

Tronstad

JRC.       Wharton A

Sammie

Ennis.       Leonard. 

It would leave the Full backs very exposed but with Szmodics in the position he plays presently it is like playing with two central forwards any way

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

It would leave the Full backs very exposed but with Szmodics in the position he plays presently it is like playing with two central forwards any way

That was a concern of mine too - more so on the left as I feel JRC could provide cover on the right (although maybe that’s asking too much of him).

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We haven't struggled to create chances this season, we've struggled to convert them.

Having more players up top failing to convert the fewer chances we'll create by having fewer players in midfield probably won't help!

I meant converting them - maybe cutting edge wasn’t the right phrase to use.

I see your point re your second paragraph.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

That was a concern of mine too - more so on the left as I feel JRC could provide cover on the right (although maybe that’s asking too much of him).

First half Saturday, JRC spent all his time playing ahead of Dolan. It was the main reason we were exposed in midfield especially Sammie so advanced as well.

There was little cover for Pickering on Saturday and little for Hill once Britain was replaced. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

First half Saturday, JRC spent all his time playing ahead of Dolan. It was the main reason we were exposed in midfield especially Sammie so advanced as well.

There was little cover for Pickering on Saturday and little for Hill once Britain was replaced. 

To someone who doesn’t attend it does sound like JDT likes committing a lot of men forward.

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

To someone who doesn’t attend it does sound like JDT likes committing a lot of men forward.

he does,unfortunately when we play the better sides they tend to cut  through our midfield at will leaving hyam and carter as the last two,as it stands we might as well play two up front because we need to score goals before we inevitably concede one,at the moment it`s not boring watching rovers,we either win well or lose badly,no draws allowed under the jdt watch🙂

• Like 2