BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Travis

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

It only makes sense if you are a Punatic

Just re reading the Lt article

"The 26-year-old didn't start any of the matches over the busy festive period and has completed 90 minutes once since November 10. 

Travis hasn't started a Championship match in central midfield since October the first, a 4-1 home defeat to Leicester City. Since, he's been used as a substitute or to fill in for injuries and suspensions at full-back."

Crazy.

I wonder if JDT wasn't allowed to play him due to costs ? I've read about that elsewhere, the most public one was Oxlaide at arsenal who had to be subbed before 75mins otherwise arsenal has to pay more, not saying that's the same but something like that perhaps in his contract, if he plays x games the he gets a bonus or something, knowing how the club are with money and they were so keen to get him off the books

"The 26-year-old, with just shy of 200 league appearances for the club, "

Maybe if he played that 200th game he was due a bonus?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just re reading the Lt article

"The 26-year-old didn't start any of the matches over the busy festive period and has completed 90 minutes once since November 10. 

Travis hasn't started a Championship match in central midfield since October the first, a 4-1 home defeat to Leicester City. Since, he's been used as a substitute or to fill in for injuries and suspensions at full-back."

Crazy.

I wonder if JDT wasn't allowed to play him due to costs ? I've read about that elsewhere, the most public one was Oxlaide at arsenal who had to be subbed before 75mins otherwise arsenal has to pay more, not saying that's the same but something like that perhaps in his contract, if he plays x games the he gets a bonus or something, knowing how the club are with money and they were so keen to get him off the books

I really wouldn't be surprised! Good shout!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Very well spotted. Hadn't worked that one out myself but makes sense.

It would be no surprise at all if he was due a bonus or payment for reaching 200 Rovers appearances and knowing the way we like to operate with 'add ons' suspect it was a hefty payment.

Waggott and the Indians will be all over such things and I've no doubt would instruct the manager and staff not to play a player due to this.

Scum.

• Like 1

Interestingly, Wiki (I know!) have him on exactly 200 league appearances so I wonder if it might be when he tops 200 apps? 

Not that I could believe that anything such like is remotely a possibility with such humble, well meaning & generous people running the show! 🙄

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sabino said:

When I as at school there was a joke going round that ended something like "absence makes the fart go Honda".

abscess.

Every time a bloke farted it made a sound like "honda". The doc examines him and finds an abscess in his rectum. The doc says you must have heard the saying.....................