BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Travis

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

I’d take him back in a heartbeat and it was a ridiculous decision to let him leave on loan. Imagine he will be back in next season as captain.

Travis strikes me as a Eustace type player. The problem for Travis is that Tronstad is bloody good. Interesting conundrum unless the two can fit together somehow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Travis strikes me as a Eustace type player. The problem for Travis is that Tronstad is bloody good. Interesting conundrum unless the two can fit together somehow.

The difference is Tronstad is hard working no-nonsense while Trav is hard working nonsense. He becomes too destructive sometimes. I rate him as a squad player but I think he has ambitions that go beyond that.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

The difference is Tronstad is hard working no-nonsense while Trav is hard working nonsense. He becomes too destructive sometimes. I rate him as a squad player but I think he has ambitions that go beyond that.

We've missed his grit in midfield in my opinion. Eustace knew exactly what he was doing moving JRC into midfield, who has a similar type of fight in his belly to Travis. Tronstad is a cool customer, and probably my favourite player this season, but he's not a shit-houser. You need a couple of those in your side in this league I think.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, goozburger said:

We've missed his grit in midfield in my opinion. Eustace knew exactly what he was doing moving JRC into midfield, who has a similar type of fight in his belly to Travis. Tronstad is a cool customer, and probably my favourite player this season, but he's not a shit-houser. You need a couple of those in your side in this league I think.

McFadz can be a shit-houser. With Trav it becomes too much about his personal battles in every game, even when we face far inferior teams. Also, when we need to get going when we're chasing, his style of play means there's a lot of stop in play and that destroys any momentum we might be building up. Sorry, not a fan of that, but if he could portion it out better then sure.

Absolutely love it when he's on his A-game though, for example if he can out-shithouse Colback, Sam Morsy or some of the other c words out there. But wouldn't get in my starting eleven if my aspirations are play-offs. And he doesn't want to sit on the bench.

I do recall Trav having a very good spell after coming back into the side last season, playing a bit further up the pitch.
QPR away (with that wonder assist) was one of those games.

He is technically limited and isn't as good as a '4' as Trondstad is, but I'd keep him around next season as a squad player.

Does seem to be a Eustace-type player and can cover fullback as well.

• Like 2

If we're playing relatively direct that will suit Travis down to the ground. 

Bet Eustace wishes he had Trav instead of Ayeri. Thats the trade we made at the start of Jan....

Even if Ayeri is decent weve got Szmodics, Moran, Markanday and even Buckley after that number 10 role. In terms of proper grafting centre mids its just Tronstad and JRC can do a job, and Fleck if he is fit.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Its all well and good saying he wont make the first 11, which itself is now debateable. He didnt with Wharton here and our midfielders needing to do a specific role in a possession dominating side, but without Wharton and in a more pragmatic side he might well make it anyway.

But its a 46 game slog with 5 subs again. Is he in our main 16 players? Absolutely.

• Like 3

He was around or top of the championship tackles/interceptions for the last two seasons running.

Exactly what we have missed this season due to the way the team was setup. I have no doubt Eustace would find a place for him now the suicide football is gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

Spot on. Can’t abide the modern attempt to change 4/6!

Not modern as such, just the continental numbering system, which is mainly down to English teams (especially those in the Prem) importing so many foreign managers.  If one day in the future a load of Brazilian managers were brought into English clubs, we would all end up talking about number 5s when we are on about central midfielders!

https://museumofjerseys.com/2022/04/07/negotiating-the-brazilian-numbering-maze/

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

2                            5                            3

4                              6

8             10

7                             9                             11

For the old codgers (not just Shirley)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bazza said:

2                            5                            3

4                              6

8             10

7                             9                             11

For the old codgers (not just Shirley)

That was how I started out as school boy player. My youth  team had graduated to 4-2-4 shortly after that and has had the works team I joined.

2.           5.             6.             3

4.            10 

7.                8.             9.             11

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

On 10/02/2024 at 22:32, Andy said:

I do recall Trav having a very good spell after coming back into the side last season, playing a bit further up the pitch.
QPR away (with that wonder assist) was one of those games.

He is technically limited and isn't as good as a '4' as Trondstad is, but I'd keep him around next season as a squad player.

Does seem to be a Eustace-type player and can cover fullback as well.

Yeah, after he gifted PNE a goal with his horrendous first touch when receiving the ball from the CBs, JDT and Remy shoved him much further upfield where he couldn't hurt us. 

• Like 1

So Travis allegedly left because he wanted to play. He's not been doing much of that. As it stands, 2 appearances in 5 games (assuming he doesn't come off the bench tonight...Ipswich are pounding Millwall so they may well give him a run out).

Both appearances were starts when he got there, lasted for 68 minutes then 61 minutes, and hasn't featured since. Along with Morsey back from injury, seems unlikely he's going to manage many minutes without more injuries. Ipswich better be paying the whole wage. Reckon he'd play more here than there if it were possible to recall outside a transfer window.

On 10/02/2024 at 11:26, Mattyblue said:

Another reason why that was a ridiculous move. Three weeks later Wharton went, four weeks…. The Head Coach (when the club knew he was half way out the door).

A week to week hand to mouth existence for a club, I suppose, will lead to such nonsensical decisions.

I don't understand. They knew they would sell Adam. Why loan out Trav?

So much happened in Jan that this wasn't really brought up by the journos but seriously someone needs to be asking GB why we loaned out trav and sold out prime mf in Adam when leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the park. 

Then we loan in fleck and don't even use him. Crazy

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

I don't understand. They knew they would sell Adam. Why loan out Trav?

So much happened in Jan that this wasn't really brought up by the journos but seriously someone needs to be asking GB why we loaned out trav and sold out prime mf in Adam when leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the park. 

Then we loan in fleck and don't even use him. Crazy

To save money 💰 The place is a shit show!!!

• Like 3