BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Travis

Another reason why that was a ridiculous move. Three weeks later Wharton went, four weeks…. The Head Coach (when the club knew he was half way out the door).

A week to week hand to mouth existence for a club, I suppose, will lead to such nonsensical decisions.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, rigger said:

At the moment Trav is an Ipswich player, why should he comment on the Rovers ?

Presumably because he’s still under contract and it may concern him, come the end of the season.

I suspect it will be a bit more complex than just change of manager and therefore he's back in favour come the summer.

We want him gone and off the wage bill. So Eustace's views are likely to be secondary to the club's focus of cutting costs. Even if Ipswich don't want to make it permanent I am sure he will have plenty of other suitors in the Championship willing to pay a fee for him, and Venkys will sell if so.

Also the question needs to be whether the player wants to return to this cesspit. He's already been jettisoned once supposedly surplus to requirements and is now experiencing what life is like at a club that actually wants to be successful and tries. I imagine after years being here it is something of an eye opener and not a reason to come rushing back to circus Brockhall.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, rigger said:

In which case he might make a statement at the end of the season.

I think the inference initially, was that sometimes marginalised players, who’ve allegedly fallen out with managers, have piped up, when those managers have left the club.

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think the inference initially, was that sometimes marginalised players, who’ve allegedly fallen out with managers, have piped up, when those managers have left the club.

Not when they are on loan at another club.

He’s switched warming the bench for a bottom half team to warming the bench for a playoff team. 
Behind Morsy and Luongo at Ipswich and behind Tronstad and JRC for us - it’s simply whether we believe one of highest earners should be sat on a bench waiting for the inevitable JRC injury next season (I don’t).

But, considering we don’t reinvest a penny of our sales, we may as well keep him I guess (I’d sell in the summer if we were owned/run by competent people)

Edited by superniko

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

Not an option. But might have a future at the club again next season.

What's the point, he was shit when he got on with JDT.....So many on here with short memories about a range of things.  It's no coincidence that Ipswich have fallen off a bit with him starting in their midfield.  

Do you not remember watching him last season?  He was awful for much of it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

What's the point, he was shit when he got on with JDT.....So many on here with short memories about a range of things.  It's no coincidence that Ipswich have fallen off a bit with him starting in their midfield.  

Do you not remember watching him last season?  He was awful for much of it.

He’s only started 2 games, a win over Sunderland and a draw with league leaders Leicester.  Check your facts.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he could fit into a more pragmatic, counter attacking Eustace side much more and I hope he is back next season.

He feels like the last person I’d want in a counter attacking side. No pace, no direction, pretty average passer, obviously not a finisher, and not creative. 
Unless you mean, the other 5 midfielders/attackers do the counter attacking and you sit back and just foul someone if we lose the ball Lewis?

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

He feels like the last person I’d want in a counter attacking side. No pace, no direction, pretty average passer, obviously not a finisher, and not creative. 
Unless you mean, the other 5 midfielders/attackers do the counter attacking and you sit back and just foul someone if we lose the ball Lewis?

He was very good in Mowbray's last season when we played a counter attacking style. No reliance on him to play on the half turn out from the back, he can put himself about winning the ball back and protecting the defence.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

I’d take him back in a heartbeat and it was a ridiculous decision to let him leave on loan. Imagine he will be back in next season as captain.

What characteristics of a captain do you see in Lewis Travis out of curiosity?

Effort, presence, experience , represents the club well, vocal on the pitch and in the dressing room. It’s probably the latter why JDT got shut as imagine he pointed the same things out most us fans have done for months.

Ability wise he is no Adam Wharton but for every one of them you need a Travis or Tronstad harassing and tackling. 

• Like 1

Great player to have in the squad just what you need in a scrap and this manager will be a bit more Mowbray style i think so it'll suit Trav.

He'll have to be accepting he's a squad man though and the club will have to accept paying his wages, that's why he's unlikely to come back.