BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Huddersfield, Boxing Day 😳

Should have known there was another low out there.

There's always another low.

Two sets of horrendous scores in less than two months.

And these are the same players that said the fans were big meanies for criticising them. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Just to clarify I don't dislike Tomasson, I didn't enjoy the performances under him and think he has left in us in a mess. But he did bring a lot of positive things to the club and shone a light on the shambles behind the scene.

My perspective on it is that some fans are obtusely ignoring facts due to their fondness for Tomasson. Using the "7th place on the 1st December" to make out like all was rosy prior to this point when we were in reality a few losses from the bottom end. It wasn't all rosy and have pointed out facts like losing 5 of 6 league games from September, 7 home defeats by Xmas (a record even Owen Coyle didn't match) to show that we have been poor all season.

Either way he's gone now, some will look back on him as hard done by and others as someone who was out of his depth in this league.

How did you view it when we went on a long run without winning under Dalglish and got promoted albeit via the playoffs? It's about points accumulation surely and at the beginning of December we had enough to be in 7th. That is what any manager should be judged on.

I remember asking you if Tomasson was sacked who would you like and you called Eustace so well done. He, like any manager will be judged on results.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

JDT inherited a squad that finished 8th.

That squad then had some key players leave, particularly in midfield. 

He then had a major transfer sabotaged mid season. 

He managed to get us to 7th only missing out on goal difference. 

That weakened squad was then weakened even further before the start of the new season.

January came and our captain was loaned out and our best player sold and yet another big transfer was sabotaged. 

And John Eustace has now inherited whatever remains from that.

It finished 7th last season, only Hyam made a difference, the rest were already here. The decline of the squad since has been staggering. 

I dread to think where we'd be if Broughton hadn't taken over on such a sound footing, we all know his hands are tied to a degree, but his recruitment has been sadly lacking despite a large increase in the recruitment staff. 

Tomasson obviously has questions to answer on how this season has gone, but virtually all the blame is down to the recruitment. 

Edited by M_B

On 14/02/2024 at 10:18, Mercer said:

If you look at our league form across Dec/Jan/Feb, the last 13 matches have yielded just 8 points!

Given we have 15 matches to go and probably need another 15 points to be safe, then I would say the alarm bells are well and truly ringing.

If anything is worse that we've got that bit of a cushion, because it may mean we do into bottom three plate on, and if that happens we just won't have the fight and the wherewithal to get out of it. 

I did think it would be next season that we go down, but despite the buffer, if we carry on as we are we'll eventually be caught

• Like 1

On a thoroughly dismal night for any Rovers can something made me smile. Rovers fans were taunting the Brummies with the 'Champions of England, you'll never sing that' chant. They came back with 'Champions of England, you weren't even born' which I thought it was funny (and probably true for lots of Rovers fans).