BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We had 43% possession in the first half (according to a Rovers account on Twitter)

I didn’t see the first half as I was working so can’t comment on that. But from what I did see of the second half it looked like the ball was a hot potato that our players just wanted to get rid of as soon as possible, most of the time hoofing it aimlessly down field with their first touch, which either went straight to their defenders or towards Gally who lost every single header he went up for -  so same result 🤷‍♂️
Szmodics looked thoroughly pissed off as he watched the ball sail over his head time and time again.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Think we will be waiting a long time, cowards in hiding. 

Wake me up when the season ends and tell me which league we are in! 

He's on a hiding to nothing coming out to do a post transfer window interview again.

He took one for the team last January and got pelters from those who couldn't see that he was shouldering responsibility as a leader. It doesn't benefit him to do so again when the Secretary (or whoever) has fucked up AGAIN and we've contrived to spend no money AGAIN. 

He'll quietly be putting feelers out to his contacts, trying to get away from this circus.  

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Hoof ball, was painful

Rovers have clearly been told by Eustace to play long balls to Gallagher in the hope of picking up the second ball. The problem with that is Gallagher is weak as a kitten and has no physical presence and is always but always a yard off the pace.

I was hoping we’d kick on after the Stoke game but tonight was as depressing as anything I can remember 

And it’s s near 3 hour drive home

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DaveyB said:

I didn’t see the first half as I was working so can’t comment on that. But from what I did see of the second half it looked like the ball was a hot potato that our players just wanted to get rid of as soon as possible, most of the time hoofing it aimlessly down field with their first touch, which either went straight to their defenders or towards Gally who lost every single header he went up for -  so same result 🤷‍♂️
Szmodics looked thoroughly pissed off as he watched the ball sail over his head time and time again.

he was let down the the muppets around him, hedges not pressing, brittain being slow, not releasing, Sammi was so frustrated in the first half too. He was pointing and telling them what to do but they didnt listen. if we keep playing this way he wont be getting many more goals this season

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

LT player ratings..

which game were they watching?

they both get -1 from me. shocking

Ben Chrisene - 5

Had spells where he looked composed and others where he struggled. Was let off by Dembele after failing to deal with a cross from the opposite side.

Callum Brittain - 6

Worked hard but wasn't really able to get into the the final third to try and provide for the team.

I'm not bothering, I couldn't find the Zero.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

Yeah, it was awful.

I just answered your question dude. Nothing more. 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So basically we have gone from Mowbray to Eustace. What is the fucking point ?

Mowbray got us relegated in his first season. Eustace about to do tne same. Downgrade on Mowbray is going some even for these fuckers.

When you look at the players we had when Mowbray was manager how on earth did we never even get into the playoffs?

He made some great signings but hadn't the ability to use them. We can only weep now at the talent we've lost (and the woeful replacements).

We're heading in only one inevitable direction with tis thread-bare squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's on a hiding to nothing coming out to do a post transfer window interview again.

He took one for the team last January and got pelters from those who couldn't see that he was shouldering responsibility as a leader. It doesn't benefit him to do so again when the Secretary (or whoever) has fucked up AGAIN and we've contrived to spend no money AGAIN. 

He'll quietly be putting feelers out to his contacts, trying to get away from this circus.  

Some good points and yes, I meant cowards as a whole. He would be silly not to be looking for an exit.

So disheartened by the club right now, can hardly muster the energy to write this. 

• Like 1

Just now, alcd said:

Playing like that we're in for some absolute pastings in the remaining fixtures. Still to come.... Leicester,Leeds,Soton, What are the odds on conceding 100+ goals?

I think we're going down this season. There's no fight in this team and we just sold our only standout player for half his value. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

My pal is a big Ipswich fan and exchanged text with him at weekend saying yet another late goal and that augurs well. Contrasted it with us, saying I couldn’t remember the last time we had got a late leveller or winner but that we had conceded more goals after 75/80 minutes than any team in the league.

Good teams score at the death, poor teams concede at the death. That’s always been the case as long as I’ve been involved in football. It’s a state of mind. It’s the first thing Eustace needs to address.

• Like 7

Appalling performance. Eustace has probably only had one full days training with them, but he’s got a very busy couple of days ahead. If I was him my first port of call would be the U23s. We’ve got absolutely no pace, power or athleticism in our squad so I’d be trying to see what we’ve got in the young lads.

Duru, Batty, Montgomery, Gilsenan, Nsangou all worth a go on the bench over the likes of Ayari and Markanday. If Telalovic has come through our academy he’d have spent the last 4 or 5 years in the North West Counties.

• Like 4

Pathetic performance. We looked so sluggish. Outclassed by a relegation rival and no discernible game plan. After JRC went off injured things turned even worse, as Garrett is not ready to play at this level. Brittain was terrible. Chrisene also had a very poor game. Telalovic unfortunately seems to be a poor man's Chris Brown. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Appalling performance. Eustace has probably only had one full days training with them, but he’s got a very busy couple of days ahead. If I was him my first port of call would be the U23s. We’ve got absolutely no pace, power or athleticism in our squad so I’d be trying to see what we’ve got in the young lads.

Duru, Batty, Montgomery, Gilsenan, Nsangou all worth a go on the bench over the likes of Ayari and Markanday. If Telalovic has come through our academy he’d have spent the last 4 or 5 years in the North West Counties.

In fairness he spent the last few years in the German equivalent of North West Counties - then we decided to sign him.

I think he’s still yet to score a goal at a level above 4th division part time regional German football

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

Quotes are in

Fairplay he is honest, a little bit too positive but generally honest. 

I think it was a shit performance and we did nothing good but I guess he can't exactly say that to the media.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24118103.john-eustace-clear-blackburn-rovers-must-improve/

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Surely the answer is not just loads of untested kids. Fleck is one of the most obvious options, Garrett is full of energy but cant pass a ball, get some composure into the team. I dont think Leonard is ready but he should leapfrog the inept Telalovic, Nsangou I think has a poor return even at under 21 level, he shouldnt be leapfrogged just because hes quick. Scott Wharton and O'Riordan are the most obvious options if we want defensive changes.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely the answer is not just loads of untested kids. Fleck is one of the most obvious options, Garrett is full of energy but cant pass a ball, get some composure into the team. I dont think Leonard is ready but he should leapfrog the inept Telalovic, Nsangou I think has a poor return even at under 21 level, he shouldnt be leapfrogged just because hes quick. Scott Wharton and O'Riordan are the most obvious options if we want defensive changes.

What about Gilsenan ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I’m not advocating bringing all of them in, but I’d rather give our untested kids ago than other teams kids who aren’t up to it. Duru or Montgomery wouldn’t do any worse than Brittain has for the last few months (good game on Saturday being the glaring exception). Agree with you on Fleck. Gilsenan is way ahead of Markanday for me and I’d rather blood him than an out of form Brighton player too.

• Like 2

Anyone who watched that game will know for sure that there is little or no real quality or capability across the park. Based on that showing, we don't even appear to have a Plan A as things stand, so we seem to have gone backwards even from the tail spin that JDT left us in. All the familiar faults were there to see - Brittain incapable of defending under pressure, suicidal arse-ing about at the back, no pressure on their forward line and allowing 6 clear chances before they finally converted one, no cohesion up front, and a desperate last throw in putting makeweights on as subs, rather than trying to mix things up. Compound all of that with Chrisene who looks like he shits himself every time the ball comes to his feet, Garrett who is clearly still not mature enough in his decision making, and nobody able to play the ball through to the Samster. We are fooked.

I think we may be in for a very public humiliation, when the Saudi-Barcode Army comes a calling, later this month. Lock up yer daughters!

VENKY-RAO-DESAI-AND SHADOW SERVANTS OUT!!

WAGGOTT PUPPET OUT!!

• Like 2

Long ball does not suit Szmodics, that going to be a problem if that's the way we are going. He still managed to look out most likely to score though.

Gally and long ball,may as well kick the ball into empty space.

A positive tonight was that, somehow, our GD did not go from very poor to abysmal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not advocating bringing all of them in, but I’d rather give our untested kids ago than other teams kids who aren’t up to it. Duru or Montgomery wouldn’t do any worse than Brittain has for the last few months (good game on Saturday being the glaring exception). Agree with you on Fleck. Gilsenan is way ahead of Markanday for me and I’d rather blood him than an out of form Brighton player too.

I dont even know who Montgomery is to be fair. But you say they couldnt do any worse, they are players that have never really come close to playing senior football, they possibly could. And I think most of the loanees shouldnt be playing but not "because they belong to other teams." McFadzean wont be here next season. Should he not play?

This attitude of not playing loanees IMO should be reserved for if and when we are safe. Until then, it shouldnt matter whether a player is here short or long term.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What about Gilsenan ?

Hes maybe the one exception but is there a reason even under Tomasson he doesnt make the bench when we are stretched? Perhaps just bad judgement, but the step up from a not too successful (this season) under 21 side is a big jump. 

• Like 1