BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

24 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Quotes are in

Fairplay he is honest, a little bit too positive but generally honest. 

I think it was a shit performance and we did nothing good but I guess he can't exactly say that to the media.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24118103.john-eustace-clear-blackburn-rovers-must-improve/

Win lose or draw we stick together, yeah?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Gally showed every reason why I think he should have been sold in the Jan window today.

What I would give to have Sinclair at QPR.

Im guessing you didnt watch the QPR game the other week. He is the worst striker ive seen come to Ewood, couldnt hit a barn door. I know hes young but he has 2 goals all season and you are desperate for him?!

Gallagher has come back and got 2 goals and an assist since. He was crap tonight but none of our attackers did anything, the ball barely went near them. We needed someone ASWELL as Gallagher, who is an average Championship striker as opposed to the joker that is Telalovic and Leonard who is nowhere near ready. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Same old story - go behind and it’s over. What ever happened to scoring the last minute goals to steal a point or even a win ? A distant memory I’m afraid.

I think the last time that ever happened was in Big Sam's era.

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im guessing you didnt watch the QPR game the other week. He is the worst striker ive seen come to Ewood, couldnt hit a barn door. I know hes young but he has 2 goals all season and you are desperate for him?!

Gallagher has come back and got 2 goals and an assist since. He was crap tonight but none of our attackers did anything, the ball barely went near them. We needed someone ASWELL as Gallagher, who is an average Championship striker as opposed to the joker that is Telalovic and Leonard who is nowhere near ready. 

Gallys hold up play has never been his strong suit. He’s got the leagues leading scorer behind him.  He looked great against league 2 Wrexham, good last week but we’ve seen enough of him to know he’s below league average. He is however our best striker which says more about the alternatives than him 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 2

Same shit, different manager.

That was as bad as anything we produced under Tomasson and had Birmingham took half of their chances we would have been on the end of our heaviest defeat for some time. Too slow in possession, wanting too much time on the ball and pedestrian was the name of our game for me. I'm too tired right now to go into my full feelings.

And after Brittains bit man talk yesterday he gave another performance that was almost an impression of a jellyfish - spineless. If he had a heart as big as his ego he might make a player.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, JonJonTheDon said:

Don’t often post on here but thought I’d put my two pence in. 

Tonight was a performance we’ve become accustomed to, especially on Tuesday nights. It seems as though we’ve gone from one extreme to the other in regards to play styles, both as ineffective as the other 😆. We desperately need to find a middle ground, and quickly. Especially with the games coming thick and fast. 

The manager needs to be given time imo and shouldn’t be written off yet. I will be reserving my judgement on him (for now). I’m hoping with everything in me that he’ll be able to get a tune out of these players, which will be a big ask. Time will tell on that front.

These players have often been devoid of blame from certain sections of the fanbase in the last few weeks due to how bad things have been off the field but for me, they too have to be held accountable. The constant lacklustre performances and the shite about how the booing “effects” them is a joke. There’s next to no backbone in that side and it doesn’t bode well for Saturday. 

I will be there cheering them on and hoping we can get something out of the game however unlikely it may be. 

They are all absolutely soft as shit.

Crying about being boo'd after a complete dog shit performance, fuck off. Grow some fucking bollocks, have a teaspoon of cement and harden the fuck up.

They're all absolutely pathetic and not deserving of wearing our famous colours.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They are all absolutely soft as shit.

Crying about being boo'd after a complete dog shit performance, fuck off. Grow some fucking bollocks, have a teaspoon of cement and harden the fuck up.

They're all absolutely pathetic and not deserving of wearing our famous colours.

100% agree pal doesn’t bode well for Saturday. Or the rest of the season for that matter. 

Well the project has changed again. Perhaps it’s changed for the worse, as playing the way we did will not add value to anyone, in fact the total opposite.

Perhaps we will look back at the end of the season and deeply regret appointing Eustace, as I have a horrible feeling that the goals are about to dry up, big time. 

Yes, we were very exposed at the back under JDT but with the slick movement and quick interchange, we looked capable of getting a few and as already said by two different posters, that system led to Szmodics, being pretty lethal. He will not get many more if any, if we carry on playing like this and neither will Gallagher.

Saturday has already become big and if we lose that, then I think the manager will be under a lot of early pressure and the fans may well be on his back, earlier than they perhaps should be.

Its becoming a real concern for me and I can’t help looking down the league and seeing us slipping into the drop zone. We need a couple of wins and quickly, but I don’t see where the are coming from, especially after that performance. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

This.

The £300K salary that Waggott leaches out of the club is clearly his price for taking the shit from fans, whilst keeping the light off the cockroaches from India. He is a symptom of what is rotten at the club, but the underlying cause is the conditions imposed by the disinterested, disconnected, despicable loons of Pune.

They ALL need to go.

VENKYS-RAOS-DESAIS-SHADOWSERVANTSATEWOOD OUT!

F-WAGGOTT OUT!

Nail on head, the Punatics putting £20 million in a year does not make any sense and is an extortionate amount just to save face. It just does not add up. The Indian Government should request a UK enquiry as well as in India

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Tricky said:

Win lose or draw we stick together, yeah?

Hahaha

He said that 3 times like it's his mantra

He said nothing of use, very generic comments but he did slip in that 50points is the target that is what he was brought in for. Get us to 50 points. 

Well you've got 15 games to get 14 points John. 

His words not mine!

• Like 1

Having slept on it we started fairly well in the press, as usual. But Birmingham were solid playing out from the back and got away with that little mistakes they made. As soon as they grew into the game it was never going to be anything other than grinding out a draw or a deserved loss.

What do I like about the past couple of matches? A little bit more variation in play and a lot more switch passes. Getting bodies in the box anticipating the cross. What I don't like is how stressed and anxious we look. No time on the ball and panic station all game long. Even under periods where we're getting pressed we take quick throws and get the pace up (I'm thinking that was a strategy to not let them slow it down) but it led to a lot of passes astray and no plan for attack.

We're a central midfielder short with Adam out, and hopefully people see how vital he was now. Pennies we got for him. JRC not match fit and Garrett needs more time, I doubt Fleck is ready and whether he'll ever be again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lraC said:

Well the project has changed again. Perhaps it’s changed for the worse, as playing the way we did will not add value to anyone, in fact the total opposite.

Perhaps we will look back at the end of the season and deeply regret appointing Eustace, as I have a horrible feeling that the goals are about to dry up, big time. 

Yes, we were very exposed at the back under JDT but with the slick movement and quick interchange, we looked capable of getting a few and as already said by two different posters, that system led to Szmodics, being pretty lethal. He will not get many more if any, if we carry on playing like this and neither will Gallagher.

Saturday has already become big and if we lose that, then I think the manager will be under a lot of early pressure and the fans may well be on his back, earlier than they perhaps should be.

Its becoming a real concern for me and I can’t help looking down the league and seeing us slipping into the drop zone. We need a couple of wins and quickly, but I don’t see where the are coming from, especially after that performance. 

Knowing how last season finished and how Mowbray's side finished in his first season with us, I can see us being relegated on GD!

Its fate I tell you!

Didn’t see the match but sounds like a horror show, is that 6 away losses in a row?

Way too early to be judging the manager who probably has had 1 days training with the lads. Saying things like we will never score again after we tonked in 3 against stoke is a bit extreme. 

Fear for the softies on Saturday, PNE bullied us off the park at Ewood earlier this season and are known for their shit housery. Could be a big defeat 

What a difference a few days make, that was spectacularly bad.

Honestly no idea what we were trying to achieve last night.

I guess the only positive is we (somehow) only conceded 1 goal.

Really doesn't bode well ahead of the Preston game, or the next few to be quite honest! I'll give Eustace a chance as granted he's not had much time to stamp his mark on things. I suppose we can't really play any worse than that so it can only get better, I think? Surely?

Clearly Eustace is getting to know our players and it might take time and it can be argued that he knows the Birmingham players better. If so why did he play a system including three centre halves which left us woefully short in midfield, an area where they completely dominated us. The two Asian players for them had the freedom of St Andrews at times in the first half whilst we had three centre backs marking one player. They cut us open several times and only good grace saved us. Not one player comes out with any credit for me and I don't but this 'torn between two stools' excuse as the adapt to different managers styles. Birmingham are not a good side and on a poor run but at times we made them look like Real Madrid such was the collective ineptitude. I am honestly dreading Saturday as Preston always exploit our weaknesses and right now there are many to go at. Eustace has to come up with a proper game plan and ensure the players have the capability to carry it out. Now that might just be a problem.

• Like 3