BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Big Club (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Well this is an interesting one for many reasons and with them losing their last game they'll be looking to bounce back and old Tone loves a bounce back home game after a dire away showing.

Eustace will know what he's up against and perhaps we'll learn the long forgotten art of the away draw here.

Brum  1   Rovers   1

Exact same team I am sure.

Tactics obviously big difference to the Tomasson era, but also having Dolan, Gallagher, Hedges, JRC, Pears back and Chrisene and McFadz  coming in from transfers has completely changed the dynamic of the side. Weve gone from being quite soft and struggling to impose ourselves to becoming a team who will outwork most sides and physically compete.

I feel quite positive about our chances.

• Like 4

I saw Birmingham lose at Sheffield Wednesday on Friday and they weren't very good. Their full backs, Laird and Buchanan were as poor on the night as anything I've seen for a while. I didn't realise they have signed the ex Dingle Kevin Long who is as slow as anything. I'm not expecting a flowing feast of football but if we play with intensity and do the basics right we can get something. I would to with the same team simply to try and keep a clean sheet. If we do that the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Looking at their forum largely they thought they played pretty well on Friday, didn’t look like that to me. So maybe an insight to just how poor they were under Wazza.

They've got a few new players in over winter they need embedding. Any ideas on how good these are ?

IMG_20240211_123237.jpg

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would keep the same team as played on Saturday. 

Seconded 🙂 

Hooray! I've achieved a milestone today!! I've seen eye to eye with Chaddy!

VENKY-RAO-DESAI-SHADOWFOLK OUT!!!

F-WAGGOTT OUT!!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just keep telelovic on the bench for the entire match. Or leave him in Blackburn 

He'll be another that gets moved on for a few hundred grand and the brainwashed will hail it as a roaring success taking a punt on a free and getting money for him.

Totally ignoring the obvious wages/agents fees and costs involved also the rather more concerning fact he's been taking up a valuable squad place and contributing nothing.

Hopefully they'll fix him a loan iv'e a feeling he could drop a level or two and start banging them in.  Then he might create a bit of value worth the desperate punt.

• Like 2