BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

14 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Looking forward to this. Amazing how the fixture list can throw up games with such relevance.

Anyone know if we can pay on the gate?

I'm certainly looking forward to attending this far more than I was a week ago!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Interestingly Birminghams next two games are us and Sunderland.

Uncle Tony must be connected to half of the clubs in the championship by now Tony?

Edit - just checked - it’s 7 clubs he’s managed in this division!

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 4

Unusually, we're actually getting a bit of coverage on SSN,  they've a reporter at Brockhall ready for JE's first press conference & looks like they'll be covering it at 1430 for those able to watch.

Also today's presenter is Emma Paton which is good enough reason alone for tuning in! 😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Unusually, we're actually getting a bit of coverage on SSN,  they've a reporter at Brockhall ready for JE's first press conference & looks like they'll be covering it at 1430 for those able to watch.

Also today's presenter is Emma Paton which is good enough reason alone for tuning in! 😉

Well that's a lie, they spent half hour talking about the top 3 and then Southampton got a 10 minute slot. Doubt a bottom half Championship side will get some airtime! 

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Anywhere to watch this? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, waggy on the wing said:

first time poster so go easy.

forever optimistic, Rovers 4/1 at william hills to finish in the top half of the league has got to be a good bet and for those that are super optimistic 50/1 for a top 6 finish must be worth a pound. 

A few good results and we could be right back up there.

VENKY`S OUT

For those super optimistic betters, the best odds are actually at SpreadEx (300 to 1) followed by Paddy Power and Betfair (both 150 to 1).

For the pessimistic betters, the best odds on relegation are 20 to 1 (SkyBet, Paddy Power and Betfair).

There are also signup offers if you're new to any of those...with the SpreadEx one looks like you could bet £10 on something else, then when it settles, pop another two free £10s on finishing top 6, and end up with £6,000 if it somehow came off. Which it won't, of course.

1 hour ago, corb691 said:

Well that's a lie, they spent half hour talking about the top 3 and then Southampton got a 10 minute slot. Doubt a bottom half Championship side will get some airtime! 

I know! They got me good & proper there! Gave up waiting in the end!

• Like 1

Amazing the optimism a change of manager can bring.

If tippy-tappy has been banished for eternity(cos our players cant play it very well) at least we have the chance to compete. Pep has big hard lads to enforce tippy-tappy (read Haaland, Rodri ,Diaz etc).Plus the huge,"non-Venky budget." 

Itll be a novelty to see our lads not being bullied.

1-1 wouldnt be terrible.

Watch out for the red cards though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

If tippy-tappy has been banished for eternity

hopefully not. hoping we can keep it in the locker but be more pragmatic with it. less tactical rigidity all round, but definitely utilise it when it'll be effective. we can move the ball about against quite a few teams in this division, so it should be handy in build-up and as an option on the counter. 

would like to see us focus on shoring up around McFadzean for now and just find goals wherever we can, but very much keep an eye on maintaining some positivity in the play.

• Like 1

Should be an interesting encounter, I think the result could set the tone for the next few weeks as well, a win really would be huge.

Truth being told, I think we completely surprised Stoke with our tactics on Saturday. If they'd done their homework based on JDT setting the team up, which they must have done given the timings, it's no wonder they were a bit baffled. Brum will have a bit more of an idea, although we're likely to change things up again with Eustace in full control.

Make no mistake though, a loss puts us back in the relegation mix. I fancy Hudds to pick up a point or 3 against Sunderland and can also see QPR beating Stoke. Brum have lost 3 on the bounce but all 3 came away from home, they're better at St Andys.

Going for an entertaining 2-2 Hedges and Szmodics bagging for us.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Any links to the interview?

26 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Any links to the interview?

Afraid not mate. SSN did a short piece on us with a reporter at Brockhall, said they'd come back to us for coverage of the presser at 1430, then nothing!

I gave up waiting at about 1515. 

Can't seem to find any links either although I don't do twitter so no idea if anythings emerged on there.

• Like 1

Seems like the usual new manager spiel based on the LT. Honoured to be here, great club, great fans, going to an old club is just another game, target is to get points on the board and its a team office. A copy and paste from every managerial unveiling in history.

This idea that it was going to be a detailed Q&A drilling down the issues around the club was never going to happen.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Thanks !

Recall the game there last season when due to M6 south closing  I was one of 200 Rovers fans that  arrived 25 mins late. Big club knew about it before kickoff and said they would keep turnstyles open for the late arrival of away fans. They didn't and at 355pm I was driving home.

At the time I asked a big club security officer he he could open the gate and walk us round. No was the reply. On my way back to the car I gave my story to a big club car park attendent. His advise was to contact/write to the Birmingham City Council mayor, a big club fan, and ask him for a refund. I didn't.

Hearing big club are saying tickets (cash only) are available on the night. Would I trust in their word??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Should be an interesting encounter, I think the result could set the tone for the next few weeks as well, a win really would be huge.

Truth being told, I think we completely surprised Stoke with our tactics on Saturday. If they'd done their homework based on JDT setting the team up, which they must have done given the timings, it's no wonder they were a bit baffled. Brum will have a bit more of an idea, although we're likely to change things up again with Eustace in full control.

Make no mistake though, a loss puts us back in the relegation mix. I fancy Hudds to pick up a point or 3 against Sunderland and can also see QPR beating Stoke. Brum have lost 3 on the bounce but all 3 came away from home, they're better at St Andys.

Going for an entertaining 2-2 Hedges and Szmodics bagging for us.

I think personally Eustace has probably had a hand in the signings of Fleck and Fadz and input into how we setup on Saturday. Just a hunch. But JDT was on his way out, Broughton knew that and probably sounded Eustace out about what he wanted.

Id be really surprised if we change anything against Brum. Will be exactly the same I think

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Recall the game there last season when due to M6 south closing  I was one of 200 Rovers fans that  arrived 25 mins late. Big club knew about it before kickoff and said they would keep turnstyles open for the late arrival of away fans. They didn't and at 355pm I was driving home.

At the time I asked a big club security officer he he could open the gate and walk us round. No was the reply. On my way back to the car I gave my story to a big club car park attendent. His advise was to contact/write to the Birmingham City Council mayor, a big club fan, and ask him for a refund. I didn't.

Hearing big club are saying tickets (cash only) are available on the night. Would I trust in their word??

It is a risk I agree. I'll make sure I get there in plenty of time

West Brom in the recent away match had a notice saying they would shut access to the away stand 15 minutes before kickoff. Seems very draconian to me

• Like 1